UNTIL Superpowers Database -- What Do *You* Want To See?

Steve Long

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we get to playtest this for accuracy and such? Also, I'd love to see elemtental form tyoe writeups. Specifically how Iceman's new pure icy form (where attacks simply blow through him or he simply freforms when shattered) would work out. This would also include things like the T-1000 from T2, pure water forms (like from Abyss), and such.

Originally posted by Urklore

Do we get to playtest this for accuracy and such? Also, I'd love to see elemtental form tyoe writeups. Specifically how Iceman's new pure icy form (where attacks simply blow through him or he simply freforms when shattered) would work out. This would also include things like the T-1000 from T2, pure water forms (like from Abyss), and such.

For Iceman's new forme, basicly it is a special effect as far as I know. Prehaps the power Desolid best simulates the T-1000 liquid metal and Abyss' liquid body (prehaps with Shapeshift).

Do we get to playtest this for accuracy and such?

The DH playtesters will get their usual chance to look over it. I expect the only "accuracy" checking involved will be review of the math, since I'm not specifically trying to simulate any real-world thing -- and even then, subjective considerations make checking the "accuracy" a questionable process at best. ;)

Hopefully I will have it ready for playtesters by this Wednesday, before I leave for Portland. I am currently doing my editing/math-checking pass.

I think folx will enjoy the book. It's 150,000 words long, so it's got a lot of material (though there are still plenty of things I could add, if I had the time or wanted to make it bigger). In addition to lots of "standard" powers, I've crammed in plenty of more unusual ones, vaguely disguised -- Jericho's bodyjacking, Darkseid's omega-beams, Rogue's touch, a unimind power, a nifty little "Stop Dead" power that cancels the target's inertia/momentum, and lots more.

The book'll probably end up being about the size of the Bestiary.

I think folx will enjoy the book. It's 150,000 words long, so it's got a lot of material (though there are still plenty of things I could add, if I had the time or wanted to make it bigger). In addition to lots of "standard" powers, I've crammed in plenty of more unusual ones, vaguely disguised -- Jericho's bodyjacking, Darkseid's omega-beams, Rogue's touch, a unimind power, a nifty little "Stop Dead" power that cancels the target's inertia/momentum, and lots more.

Than you have done well, and you shall be rewarded.

With me measly $24.95 or so, at least. ;)

A uni-mind power? Awesome :)

I was working on something like that last night. Now I may just have to hold up that/those characters and see if you've got a better take on it.

Bring it on! I'm a character making fool lately. With this I'll be doing it twice as fast.

Nope, Wednesday's tomorrow. ;) Today I'm still checking math. I'm about to start checking "Size Alteration Powers," and I plan to keep checking until I'm done. That'll leave tomorrow to get the playtest mss. ready and send it to Ben, and to prep for my trip to GameStorm and GTS while the playtesters start working.

New power groups

[img]MEGA POWER RULES![/img]

How about creating some power groups,ala GURPS?

put together some powers in a specific group along with some advantages and limitations and power effects along with a specific EC . put em together and ZOWIE! instant character .All you have to do is add stats and you're good to go!

Re: New power groups

Originally posted by PhantomGM6101

[img]MEGA POWER RULES![/img]

How about creating some power groups,ala GURPS?

put together some powers in a specific group along with some advantages and limitations and power effects along with a specific EC . put em together and ZOWIE! instant character .All you have to do is add stats and you're good to go!

That is what the Random Character Generator in Champions does. :)