Name Generator

Asperion

As a GM are you tired of having all the super-powered beings having some name in the form of Captain Astonding, Mister Miricle, Electrolisis, or Ultrapower(wo)man? I would like to find some program that will create some random name for super-powered campaigns. Recently I did a search for name generators and all of them would either create a name that would work for the character's secret ID, some fantasy campaign, or something else along that line. I would like the assistance of all you great Herophites out there in Heroland.

Re: Name Generator

That's a great article. I'm always entertained by lists like that-- e.g., take one from Column A and one from Column B, and voila! Your cold-using super is named Nippy Vengeance.

I'm thinking not ice powers, per se, but just a minor Change Environment to make it a little colder. Enough for a windbreaker, say, but nothing damaging.

"Ah ha, foul villain! Forget your jacket, did you? This slightly uncomfortable, unseaonably chilly weather ought to teach you a lesson, evildoer!"

This link is for a role playing utilities files area that used to be on the BBS Red October and now resides on Shelley Chrystal Mactyre's board. There are character name generators for Heroes, Old English, Normals, and For Teams (Better than the one published, no offense) They even allow for the lists that are used to generate them to be customized. And since they are more DOS like they should run on about anyone's system. Hope you like them.

http://www.mactyre.net/october/ROLEUTIL/Files.html

Tell me what you think.

I recommend Table Smith for all GM's Random Generation needs.

http://www.mythosa.net/Utils.html

NetNemesis316:

This link is for a role playing utilities files area that used to be on the BBS Red October and now resides on Shelley Chrystal Mactyre's board. There are character name generators for Heroes, Old English, Normals, and For Teams (Better than the one published, no offense) They even allow for the lists that are used to generate them to be customized. And since they are more DOS like they should run on about anyone's system. Hope you like them.

http://www.mactyre.net/october/ROLEUTIL/Files.html

Thanks for the assistance. Not only does the programs look like great tools for more than just the character names but also for other aspects of adventuring. Although if anyone else has other possibilities I would like to hear them.

At last I can actually contribute something! (bwahaha!...oh, sorry)

50 Random Superhero Names

just refresh the page for a new set of 50

Lee's Useless Superhero Generator

can do characters, teams, bases, vehicles, etc.

Obviously, as with any random generator, your mileage may vary...these are just fun to iterate over and over and see what pops up...once in a while you get a cool idea nucleus...