Champs campaign hoover vacuum is at it again.

Lord Mhoram

I've been looking at the new "other system supers" supplements that I am converting over to HERO system for my Champs game, and I dug out a bunch of my older stuff, and forgot how good GURPS supertemps was- I love so many of the characters in it....

So I was wondering what is other good supers material ripe for theft is there out there- I have what I want from the DC heroes and marvel games, and most of the V&V stuff, and the couple of dual statted superworld games. For the wiseacres who tell me to buy old HERO stuff, I have everything already. I just want MORE!!!! :P

I'm mostly interested in other Gurps supers stuff (I don't even know how many supplements they put out for supers).

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks bunches.

Re: Champs campaign hoover vacuum is at it again.

Originally posted by Lord Mhoram

I'm mostly interested in other Gurps supers stuff (I don't even know how many supplements they put out for supers).

Any advice is welcome.

I have these GURPS Supers books...

GURPS Supers: I.S.T. - International Super Teams by Robert M. Schroeck. This is their default world setting (their equivalent of Champions Universe, in a way. It's got some worthwhile ideas in it. Essentially, most superhero teams are UN-affiliated, and there are IST bases all around the world. (Imagine U.N.T.I.L. with superteams instead of just agents.)

GURPS Supers: IST Kingston by Scott D. Pinkham and Robert M. Schroeck (published by Modern Myth Publishing, not SJG). This is a relatively short book detailing the IST base and superteam in Jamaica. I only picked it up because I got it for $.50 at a store close-out sale. Its focus is much narrower than I would normally buy. It's okay. If you just happen to need a superhero team and base in an island paradise, I guess it's worth a look. ;)

GURPS Supers: Mixed Doubles by Spike Y. Jones. I like this one. It's a book of characters -- some heroes, some villains, some neutrals. Its "hook" is that the characters are presented in pairs that are linked in some way. It may be a hero and his arch-enemy, a character and the mad scientist who created him, two rival characters with similar powers, etc. Definitely worth a buy.

GURPS Supers: School Of Hard Knocks by Aaron Allston. This is an adventure module focusing on groups of teenage supers. One of the best supers adventures I've seen in print. Good stuff.

GURPS Supers; Super Scum by Mark Johnson. A book of villains. About the same quality as most of Hero's Enemies books. Some hits and some misses. Worth picking up on the cheap somewhere, but I wouldn't lose sleep chasing it down.

Re: Re: Champs campaign hoover vacuum is at it again.

Originally posted by Derek Hiemforth

GURPS Supers: School Of Hard Knocks by Aaron Allston. This is an adventure module focusing on groups of teenage supers. One of the best supers adventures I've seen in print. Good stuff.

Aaron Allston actually has a conversion of these characters to HERO 4E on his website as a free download. The module was originally slated to have stats for both GURPS and HERO, but the latter was cut due to space limitations. Because this adventure was adapted from Aaron's own Strike Force campaign, the file also includes notes on how these characters and events originally fit into that campaign; if you have an interest in the Strike Force world, it's worth checking out for that reason alone.

You can get to Aaron Allston's Home Page by clicking on "Hero Links" at the top of this page, then going to "Other Links".

In addition to already mentioned sources, here are some works from which I draw inspiration for my Cannibal Comics setting:

White Wolf's Aberrant

Image Comics

Marvel Mangaverse

DC Elseworlds

Stan Lee Presents fill in DC hero

SJGames' Transhuman Space

SJGames' In Nomine

Yaco & Haber's Science of the X-Men

SJGames' GURPS Voodoo

White Wolf's Changeling

Martin's Wild Cards

"Don't let other people's work evade your eyes,

just plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize."

-unattributed

"Steal from one source, and it's 'plagiarism';

but steal from many, and it's 'research'."

-unattributed

"Don't let other people's work evade your eyes,

just plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize."

-unattributed

It's Tom Lehrer, the song is 'Lobachevski'.

Plaguarize! Don't let other's work evade y'r eyes!

Why'd you think the Good Lord made y'r eyes!

So don't shade y'r eyes...

just plaguarize, plaguarize, plaguarize!

...only to be sure always to call it research. Heh heh

I love that song. It helped me through University.

Thanks for the heads-up on Allston's site, by the way. I'm nuts for Strike Force...

Pol.

Originally posted by Catacomb

Abberant actually had some(not many) interesting ideas...

Fully developed setting elements ready to drop directly into a home-brewed campaign? No, not very many of those. But the alternate take on many genre tropes really gives one some food for thought. I particularly like the unified origin ideas and have heisted many of those, but most of all, I've drawn inspiration from Aberrant's exploration of the experience of being super powered.