Need Name For Telekinetic Villain

Acroyear II

Re: Need Name For Telekinetic Villain

I tell ya, you can't buy respect like what I get on these boards :king:

Back on Topic:

One of my players would kill me if she found out I shared this, but it's a good one

Poltergeist

I once had a PC called T.K. (Long before the Mutant File so there)

Repulse is another I've seen

Hey guys' date=' I need some help coming up with a name for a very powerful telekinetic villain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.[/quote']

Here's a few suggestion (some light-hearted, some not so):

Shift

Force Lord

Impact Player

Dr. Domino

Fuerzo (Spanish for "Force")

Repulsor

Beam

Domain

Prime Force

Flux

Scott Bennie

names really depend on style

i mean if he is the kind who is the telekinetic equivilent of the hulk crushing things with his mind throwing huge lumps of teh scenery at his foes then somthing liek PSICRUSHER.

on the other hand if hes a stealthy small scale crush the carotid artery flick pennies at his foes at rifle velocity assassin type

THE SURGEON

or PSISURGEON

Phantom-death

on the other hand you could have a villain who was a barely contained storm of psionic energy throwing people around with his telekinis like they where trapped in powerful winds

maybe Maelstrom

or Psistorm

or Psiclon

I agree with freakboy6117: a bit more about his style and sfx would help in coming up with appropriate names.

Normally I would give out more info, but I believe one of my players visits the board quite regularly now, so I'd rather keep that info under my hat. I have, however, choosen a name from those provided. Thanks to all of you who helped out. You guys are the best! :thumbup:

Normally I would give out more info' date=' but I believe one of my players visits the board quite regularly now, so I'd rather keep that info under my hat. I have, however, choosen a name from those provided. Thanks to all of you who helped out. You guys are the best! :thumbup:[/quote']

Let us know which one you picked after you use him/her

I've always liked "Poltergeist" myself. Hmm, from memory there was a minor T K using villain called "Lifter" in comics at one point. As others have suggested other names could be suggested by whatever special effects the power has or a preferred attack that the character has. I used the name "Spindizzy" (taken from James Blish's classic "Cities In Flight" S F novels) for a TK character who had the ability to make people and objects spin.

Let us know which one you picked after you use him/her

Okay, I ran the session this past Saturday involving my new telekinetic villain, so I can now give the details.

The name I chose from all suggested was Cataclsym. Thanks again to everyone who gave suggestions. :thumbup:

Interesting back story to this villain, as her appearance in the campaign was six years in the making. Cataclsym is the daughter of one of the PCs (Ultra) and a villain (Nemesis). The father Nemesis kidnapped his daughter two years ago (campaign time - 1987) and traveled with her back to the year 1962 via a stolen time artifact. Ultra was understandably upset, and spent many months searching for a way to find her young baby girl. The heroine finally discovered that Nemesis had met his demise in 1964, and their daughter was sold by the Chinese Tong to an unkown wealthy family in 1965. The trail ended there.

The current timeframe of the campaign is now 1989, and in our last session it was revealed by the villain Menton that he had discovered the whereabouts of Ultra's child (who would now be in her late 20s, which is older than her mother!). It should be noted that the child of Ultra and Nemesis was only 15 months old when taken from her mother, and just over 3 years old when her father was killed and she was sold by the Tong. She has no idea of who her real parents are.

During the session Menton interupted a battle between the heroes and Genocide and revealed that the Genocide commander who had been a thorn in the heroes' side for the last 5 years was in fact the daughter of Ultra and Nemesis. :shock: Ultra and her teammates found this to be implausible, as any offspring of Ultra would be a mutant like her mother. There is no way the Genocide commander was a mutant, right? Wrong! The Genocide commander was indeed a mutant who hated her kind for all the pain suffered in her life. She had kept her mutant abilites hidden from everyone, even her Genocide masters. After being convinced by Menton that the information he knew was correct both heroes and the Genocide commander were stunned. Forced to face the truth of her past the Genocide commander unleashed the full fury of her mutant (telekinetic) powers and began tearing up the city. Taking the name Cataclysm the daugther of Ultra attempted to kill her own mother and her teammates. Menton just sat back and enjoyed the show.

Needless to say, it was a good game. I had been planning this story arc for the last six years, so I was glad it paid off. Cataclysm is now one of the most dangerous villains in my campaign, and has direct ties to the PCs, which should make for some interesting stories in the future.