Hero / Fallout

Eduardoh

Ah, Fallout Hero, that's a good idea.

After FREd, number one on the list is The Hero Bestiary for the weird creatures. Star Hero has mutant stuff and a great section on alien environments (like wastelands and such), not to mention its coverage of post-holocaust settings. Come to think of it, it also has small sections on Sci-Fi weaponry.

Of the stuff out right now, those are the only ones you really need. If you want to adapt the vehicles from Fallout or Fallout 2, you can't go wrong with The Ultimate Vehicle. If you want more options in combat, The Ultimate Martial Artist is your way to go. And I always recommend the Hero System Resource Kit, since its such a great overall GM tool; saves wear and tear on the books, too.

Ah, one of my fav games. I started working on a Hero version, but got sidetracked - by B5 among other things. There is (was?) a great resource on the net for a full blown [fan] pen and paper game here: http://www.iamapsycho.com/fallout/ but has since moved to http://www.falloutpnp.com/, but I can't reach it now - I don't know if its down or what. But while the original site was working, I did download most of the pdf files. The rpg is modeled on the computer game's mechanics, but its a great resource as source material.

If anyone wants copies, I'd be happy to email them to you. Just contaact me off list at tony@aroooo.com. I have five files:

fallout_pnp_2_0.pdf

Errata 2.01.rtf

Bible_Update_03_11_02.pdf

Fallout_PnP_Sheet.pdf

goodmap.bmp

That total a 4.5meg zip file (the character sheet is big-its got a big background graphic).

Aroooo

Ooh, if someone gets any progress done on this it would be great. My brother is workng on a D20 version and won't even consider Fallout Hero.

Don't get me wrong. I have no problems with D20 and have run a very enjoyable campaign since before it's release. I just happen to prefer Hero. Also the changes made to 3rd ed seem to be lifted directly from Fallout as he points out to me on a regular basis.

A Couple examples that come to mind...

The experiance chart has been changed from earlier editions and follows the Fallout chart exactly.

In D20 you get a Feat every 3 levels. In Fallot you get a Perk every 3 levels.

Oh yah, and prior to 3rd ed there were no Feats, and Feats ARE Perks just with a different name.

I'll check this post off and on. If anyone does a Fallout conversion, or even the basis for one then I can show him Hero can handle it just as well.

Rod