Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dreadhawk

City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

I love the storyline of the supers group. I'm not all the way through it yet, but it's fun.

Spoiler

I'm curious who the traitor will be. Most of the characters have had hints placed that it could be them.

Does anyone actually use the 'Hero Boards' channel? No one ever seems to notice when I say something there' date=' and there rarely seems to be more than 3-5 people on it.[/quote']

Strange, I usually have it on when I'm playing. But I haven't seen as many Hero people as I used to.

JG

Does anyone actually use the 'Hero Boards' channel? No one ever seems to notice when I say something there' date=' and there rarely seems to be more than 3-5 people on it.[/quote']

How do I join a channel and are they limited to the specific server you are playing, or are they global?

I use to play CoX since 2007 !

And now the american servers are open to use European.

it would be neat to know who is playing and under what global name

Actually, I'm still using my old @Miss Quantum identity.

Dunno if something should be added to that to talk with other servers

So, who is here ?

I'm there as "zgrssd".

My usual trick to use something with my first name in it fell afoul of the "check used name function" and a third-rate password security check (there is something like a too complex/too long password and the "point" isn't allowed everywhere...).*

But I managed to register anyway. Put my two free character slots on "Zukunft" (the german server), which is also why I ask on how gobal the Hero Boards channels is.

*They nearly drove me of with their registration forms/installer (never try them on german language. Or non english-language at least)/phased updater.

How do I join a channel and are they limited to the specific server you are playing' date=' or are they global?[/quote']

It's /chanjoin "Hero Boards" with the quotes (needed for a multi-word channel name), and it's Global.

It's /chanjoin "Hero Boards" with the quotes (needed for a multi-word channel name)' date=' and it's Global.[/quote']

Is it per toon, or is it a join once and you have it on all toons and all servers?

Is it per toon' date=' or is it a join once and you have it on all toons and all servers?[/quote']

All characters on the account will have access to the channel after that (the same as any other channel), but you'll need to add tabs containing the channel to any toon's chat window that you want to have it on.

I love the storyline of the supers group. I'm not all the way through it yet' date=' but it's fun. [/quote']

The villain version, as usual, is funnier.

"What do you MEAN you don't know what Experience is??"

I forgot. I was mindwiped, remember?

"LEAVE."

I joined the channel and got Global friended by Enforcer84.

I think it could be useful to make a thread in which we just post our global nicknames ?

Opale

@Miss Quantum on CoX

"LEAVE."

"Perhaps you were mindmiped too?"

"LEAVE."

I'll have to give it a shot with Enforcer84...

Right now I have 2 accounts. My original with @ithecles and my new one @enforcer84...I kind of forgot my original password and login and thought the characters had been deleted. In truth they are merely being held hostage until I unlock them. We'll see how employment treats me in the near future. I may purchase going rogue and hitting VIP.

The Free account is awfully gimped. I can't global chat, send emails, etc. So please don't think I'm ignoring you on Enforcer84 if I don't respond. I may break down and buy $5 worth of points to get my rewards bracket up.\

Edit: And I wish there was a way to just switch the controls to a WoW copy. So that I could not look so foolish when trying to play.

Right now I have 2 accounts. My original with @ithecles and my new one @enforcer84...I kind of forgot my original password and login and thought the characters had been deleted. In truth they are merely being held hostage until I unlock them. We'll see how employment treats me in the near future. I may purchase going rogue and hitting VIP.

The Free account is awfully gimped. I can't global chat, send emails, etc. So please don't think I'm ignoring you on Enforcer84 if I don't respond. I may break down and buy $5 worth of points to get my rewards bracket up.\

Edit: And I wish there was a way to just switch the controls to a WoW copy. So that I could not look so foolish when trying to play.

I think the Free-Never-Paid-Anything account by necessity needs to be gimped as far as emails go, to discourage spammers/spambots.

Why not simple change them so they work closer to it?

I think they lift the chat restrictions if you make a minimal purchase of points. There's a chart somewhere on the site.

You mean this one, I think:

http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/freedom/about-freedom/

I agree. I like how CO has a one-button option to remap keys. As is, every single time I make a character, I go into Options and Keymapping and redo the movement keys and the targetting tabs.