City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Guest George Kirby

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Thanks guys.

I'm on Justice. Again tonight I joined a team and they ran three of their missions then disbanded.

On a side note, sorry I couldn't type, Lemming, I was in heavy with Malta Operatives, and the team Tank was fond of charging from one fight to the next without pause ;)

Start forming your own teams rather than joining someone else's. Then, you get to decide whose missions get done.

Start forming your own teams rather than joining someone else's. Then' date=' you get to decide whose missions get done.[/quote']

Blue tried. He said he tried to unload his missions and couldn't get any help, then the people he helped refused to help him. :(

You're all very kind.

I've decided I'm not going to sweat it. Worse that happens is that I end up doing other people's missions all the way to 50. Worrying about such things will ruin the fun. As does standing around Peregrine Island asking for help for a half hour (as I've learned).

I got the "pre-order" disc of City of Villains yesterday. I can only guess this is the beta minus whatever revisions they've done since they minted this disc. I may try that out tonight. Anyone doing the beta? How is it going?

I got the "pre-order" disc of City of Villains yesterday. I can only guess this is the beta minus whatever revisions they've done since they minted this disc. I may try that out tonight. Anyone doing the beta? How is it going?

If the beta is on the pre-order disc, they hid it awfully darned well. I have my pre-order disc, but don't have access to CoV beta. It does have a code on it, which you can use to ammend your account, and presumably that will allow you to unlock the beta when they add the pre-order people to the beta pool.

I'll probably get my 1 year + beta invite 2-3 days after they unlock beta for CoV pre-orders. *shrug* I just want to test out the various ATs and powers, plus make all the kewl costumes. That way, when CoV is out, I don't have to try and figure out what I want by making a series of disposable villains.

Heh. Yeh, I've got two friends who started City of Heroes same week I did, both of whom pre-ordered, and both got their CoV beta info last week. For some reason I was overlooked. I think it must depend on who you pre-ordered through.

Just wishful thinking about it being on the disc I guess. I haven't looked yet.

Heh. Yeh, I've got two friends who started City of Heroes same week I did, both of whom pre-ordered, and both got their CoV beta info last week. For some reason I was overlooked. I think it must depend on who you pre-ordered through.

Just wishful thinking about it being on the disc I guess. I haven't looked yet.

Well, if you all have been playing for over a year, the CoV beta is due to that, not the pre-order disc. As I understand it, everyone who has been playing for the requisite year got tossed into a pool, and then some number was randomly selected for beta testing. Hopefully, they draw from the pool again in the next week or so - CoV looks kewl.

If not, I can have fun levelling up my new archer and sonic characters, or really enjoying solo play with my 'troller.

Well, if you all have been playing for over a year, the CoV beta is due to that, not the pre-order disc. As I understand it, everyone who has been playing for the requisite year got tossed into a pool, and then some number was randomly selected for beta testing. Hopefully, they draw from the pool again in the next week or so - CoV looks kewl.

If not, I can have fun levelling up my new archer and sonic characters, or really enjoying solo play with my 'troller.

If you played in beta of CoH and still play. You pretty much are in beta. There is some randomiztion to it but there are also some things that werent randomized. My CoV forum number is 277 and my CoH forum number is 11,000's. (I wish I would of got to keep the original forum number it was in the 1,000's.)

If you played in beta of CoH and still play. You pretty much are in beta. There is some randomiztion to it but there are also some things that werent randomized. My CoV forum number is 277 and my CoH forum number is 11' date='000's. (I wish I would of got to keep the original forum number it was in the 1,000's.)[/quote']

Don't know my CoH forum ID# - I rarely check it. I'm sure that I will get in on the CoV beta, but that's reasonably assured with my pre-order disk. I'm just betting that, Murphy's Law (and its corralaries) being what they are, when my invite to CoV beta (based on my total account time of 15+ months or so - I didn't play CoH beta, came in after the game had been out for a bit) comes, I'll already be playing the beta, based on my CoV pre-order.

You're all very kind.

I've decided I'm not going to sweat it. Worse that happens is that I end up doing other people's missions all the way to 50. Worrying about such things will ruin the fun. As does standing around Peregrine Island asking for help for a half hour (as I've learned).

Thanks to you I have decided to experiment and make a character who does nothing but aid others in their quests. He'll take no missions of his own, just hunt until someone asks him to join their mission...I wonder how fast I level this way?

Originally pre-ordered on July 31st before the pre-order bonus was mentioned.

On my 3rd communication with Gamestop.com to confirm whether or not I would receive the pre-order (after others said they had received theirs), they canceled my order.

Reordered online 2 weeks ago, still waiting.

:mad:

Hmm. One friend of mine was in initial CoH Beta. Still no CoV Beta.

My pre-order disc arrived as well. Went ahead and upgraded my account.

Yeah there are a very few people that are from beta that didnt get invited to CoV Beta and I don't know why. I know 8 people that were in CoH Beta and still playing and every one of them is in CoV Beta. One of the people said there was one person that he knew that didnt get in from CoH beta but everyone else he knew got in. Thats why I didnt say it was a for sure thing. :D :D :D

For the most case its like 99% chance if you were in CoH Beta your now in CoV Beta.

Oh and I still havent installed my CoV Preorder Beta Disc. Hmmm, I wonder why. LOL

Par for the course for me. My last beta was the Diablo 2 Stress Test. Big whoop. :(

Well, I was offered a chance to beta BloodRayne for the PC (first one), but I didn't feel like photocopying my driver's license to send it in. I am a slightly suspicious sort.

Well, by not letting me into the CoH Beta, it cost the company my money from the retail release all the way up to November when I finally decided to get over my anger and try it out. Cryptic didn't need my money anyway. The DVD release was what brought me in.

For CoV, I pre-ordered because I want to see the other side, and support the company. Being in a short last round beta would be nice, but that is not why I pre-ordered. I pre-ordered because I still find CoH fun, and trust in Zeb Cook. I own enough of his gamebooks.

Still, for someone who first preordered on July 31st, I sure would like to receive my bonus disk soon.

Kimmie, still waiting.

Only betas I ever did were "Tanarus" (Sony Interactive multiplayer "Tank combat" game, and EverQuest I (Verant Interactive).

I have fond memories of Tanarus. My team were the WORST players EVER. But we had a blast. Even though I'd say 90% of the other players were obnoxious twits.

EQ was a lot of fun early on. BY six months after it went live I was burnt out. Quit after a year of live play. Came back 18 months later for a while because another friend got interested.

So CoH is the first online game I've been involved in for years. And it's more fun than I've had in any of them.

I have betaed CoH, CoV, Asheron's Call, Earth and Beyond (Knew that was gonna be sucky), Dark Age of Camelot and Several Warlords Games.

So I have had lots of experience and know how to look for bugs. Actually, right now I am not even looking at how the powers work (balance). I am just looking for odd things that arent suppose to happen. Found a big one last night. When it becomes more fun then I look at the balance part.

Just a quick comment on I5, which is to say from a Spines/Regen scrapper point of view, it gets a definite thumbs up. Sure, it's taken a bit of time to get used to the reduced regeneration, but the increased melee damage seems to compensate nicely, and for the first time I feel like a genuine damage dealer, rather than a poor man's tank. Put difficulty level back up to tenacious last night, and no more difficult than it was pre-I5. Plus experience points boost means I've gained two levels since I5 went live (30 to 32), despite relatively low playing time.

Phil

(AKA: The Terrifying Gila Monster, Defiant, European servers)

Been glancing at motherboard/AMD 64 combos and PC 3200 ram myself of late...

Then I will once again unlock my GeForce 6200's extra pipes and clock it back up to 6600 performance...

Being poor sucks, but I have my needs! :D

Kimmie, who also applied for a slot in DDO and Auto Assault without a response to date.

Been glancing at motherboard/AMD 64 combos and PC 3200 ram myself of late...

Then I will once again unlock my GeForce 6200's extra pipes and clock it back up to 6600 performance...

Being poor sucks, but I have my needs! :D

Kimmie, who also applied for a slot in DDO and Auto Assault without a response to date.

Me neither