City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

I don't think the Blaster changes made it. However, Castle strongly implied they nearly had it working the way they wanted, and it could be patched in any time it was debugged fully.

In other news: woot! I got scrappers and brutes and tanker to make!

So far I've made a DB/Dark Scrapper, A DB/Will Stalker, A MA/Will scrapper, and a Claw/Will Scrapper. Their origins are respectively Magic, Mutant, Natural, and Natural.

From what I've seen while playing, Willpower is a VERY good defense set.

Some of the characters I made today. With pics!

Pharoh's Heart was one of the elite warriors in the Egyptian army during the time of the great pharohs. When the Pharoh he served died, he was selected as one of the bodyguard to accompany him to the afterlife and guard his tomb.

When grave robbers broke into the tomb, he awoke from his death, to go after them. While he is tasked with recovering the artifacts the robbers stole from his pharaoh's tomb, he was one of the unlucky ones. Most artifacts were taken by those wishing to learn and preserve the past.

Wyld Irish Rose - Rose Wylde was the daughter of Irish immigrants. She had both the beauty and the temper the Irish are famous for. She took self defense and martial arts training classes from an early age, to focus and channel her anger. Her parents were robbed at gunpoint within their own apartment. She vowed not to let the criminal scum "Wot did it" get away, but did not want to endanger her family by letting her identity out. So she made herself a costume and took to the streets to fight the crooks who would hurt people like her family. She is calmer now because, as she puts it, "I get ta beat up tha lowlifes, and not get in trouble for it."

Blood White - Mary Alice is her name. Slaughter is her game.

Latest toon: Doc Turbine

Last seen fighting Lord Nemesis on a blimp over the arctic circle in 1935, trained at the Order of the four winds (Like Dark Watcher), Thawed out by Countess Crey, rescued by Jvstice Inc.

Willpower/Super Strength Tank. Looks like Tom Strong crossed with Captain America.

I'm extremely pleased with Willpower so far. So pleased in fact, that I'm worried it's going to get a nerfing.

They reduced Willpower twice during beta. You should have seen it when it first hit Test. Hopefully Castle did his numbers right and there won't need to be any nerf.

WP is a very even set. Other sets give you defense and resistances in a piecemeal fashion. WP doles it out much more evenly, so each power is "good" and contributes. That's what I'm seeing.

Two new toons. Mine and my friend Leigh Anne's...

Brother and Sister Brute Mummy toons with Dual Blades (Khopesh of course) and Willpower.

Names?

Tutankillem

Cleaveopatra

EDIT: Oh, and we got a team for our D&D toons on Champion. We somehow got Knights of Myth Drannor (Or Dranor, I didn't check spelling) Ubergeek FTW. ;)

ATTENTION! Those with characters in the Scions SG on Champion.

Another member of the scions is wanting to make a place for us on the web. This will be a place for members to post pictures, stories, and advetise within the SG that they need or have particular Salvage and/or recipes.

What she would like to know is how the members would like to see this implemented.

She could set up a web page, create an LJ or facebook page, or set up a mailing list. (like Yahoo). Sh edoesn't have any experience in forums so someone else would have to set that up.

What do you all think?

Two new toons. Mine and my friend Leigh Anne's...

Brother and Sister Brute Mummy toons with Dual Blades (Khopesh of course) and Willpower.

Names?

Tutankillem

Cleaveopatra

EDIT: Oh, and we got a team for our D&D toons on Champion. We somehow got Knights of Myth Drannor (Or Dranor, I didn't check spelling) Ubergeek FTW. ;)

Can I get my D&D flavored toon in on that one? YOu know in January when I start playing again??

ATTENTION! Those with characters in the Scions SG on Champion.

Another member of the scions is wanting to make a place for us on the web. This will be a place for members to post pictures, stories, and advetise within the SG that they need or have particular Salvage and/or recipes.

What she would like to know is how the members would like to see this implemented.

She could set up a web page, create an LJ or facebook page, or set up a mailing list. (like Yahoo). Sh edoesn't have any experience in forums so someone else would have to set that up.

What do you all think?

That's Awesome, I think I want to join your group.

That's Awesome' date=' I think I want to join your group.[/quote']

Always Welcome. We have the Med bay, 6 t-ports going to the 12 most important zones on Hero Side, and plenty of workshop/ storage space with A vault and Enhamcement creation station. And any SOs in the base are for general use by any toon that can use them.

Hero Gojira, Yammamura, and I are in the group from here. (If you have a toon there and I did not mention you, sorry) Any character can invite into the SG.

Finally created a toon on Champion - a Scrapper (yeah, had to try the Dual Blades and WP sets) named Dr. Cuisinart.

Blades do seem fun so far, though it has been a long time since I played a Scrapper, so the sheer joy of not having to run all the time (Blaster) or taking forever to kill things ('troller) might be part of it.

Finally created a toon on Champion - a Scrapper (yeah' date=' had to try the Dual Blades and WP sets) named Dr. Cuisinart.[/quote']

lmao. :D That's great!

Regarding the Scions, my vote would be something like Forum + wiki + email list. I'm not big on Facebook and such like, the user interfaces seem terrible. I'm open to having my mind changed....

Always Welcome. We have the Med bay, 6 t-ports going to the 12 most important zones on Hero Side, and plenty of workshop/ storage space with A vault and Enhamcement creation station. And any SOs in the base are for general use by any toon that can use them.

Hero Gojira, Yammamura, and I are in the group from here. (If you have a toon there and I did not mention you, sorry) Any character can invite into the SG.

Absolutely. Heck' date=' we keep the hearth warm for Endiku. :thumbup:[/quote']

I feel loved!

Ah, the new year (and computer) can't get here soon enough!

lmao. :D That's great!

Regarding the Scions, my vote would be something like Forum + wiki + email list. I'm not big on Facebook and such like, the user interfaces seem terrible. I'm open to having my mind changed....

Hopefully the name is good enough for an invite to the SG. ;) If ya see me, invite me.

(My global is @Yossarian, if anyone ever wants to look me up. My main toons are on Infinity, but Dr. Cuisinart is going to see play a couple times a week, I think.)

Guild Portal works for a decent website & forums for a Supergroup

http://www.guildportal.com/

I'm in a few SG's that use it

For an Example you can check out http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=57821&TabID=503893

Guild Portal actually looks decent. Pretty clean interface. If it's easy to administrate, it could be a nice site. Anyone want to speak up for Facebook or other solutions? I honestly don't know much about it other than every Facebook site I've ever visited looked like it was built by chimps on LSD.

@Yossarian: expect a global invite soon.