City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Small happy dance...

I got my first toon to 50!!

And in honor, two new members of Jvstice, Inc.

Warshade: Lord Tenebrous

Peacebringer: Candesence.

:celebrate Yay!

I am eagerly waiting my day.

Though, why is it if you get a villain to lv 50, you don't get the Warshade/Peacebringer option?

...and I talked myself out of the new computer. COH will be on hold for a bit.

Well, bummer. Having a capable computer is nice for getting work done, but gaming isn't worth racking up debt over (even though I did finance my current computer). Always good to keep one's priorities in life straight! :)

Speaking of gaming and debt, there's a Hero books sale I need to take advantage of....

:celebrate Yay!

I am eagerly waiting my day.

Though, why is it if you get a villain to lv 50, you don't get the Warshade/Peacebringer option?

We're supposed to get something for that, but heck if I know when that's going to happen.

And just to let people know, there is a "Hero Boards" channel available.

I started out playing on Freedom. Got a level 14 tanker there now. I'm starting to get bored with the game though. It's extremely repetitive. Does it get better later on? I am having fun making some "cash" at the consignment shop. I can buy candy canes for 6000 then turn around and sell for 15000. I've got over a million influence at level 14 lol.

So it sounds like most from these boards are playing on the Champion server? Is that right?

I think everyone has at least an alt on Champion right now. However I don't think it's the primary server for even half of the people here.

Regarding game play, others might disagree with me, but game play doesn't change a whole lot. You do get more powerful and it gets easier to do missions, even against even spawns and larger groups. Some ATs do change a lot as they level and gain new powers. (For Tankers, I think Stone/ changes a bit as it levels.)

There are also zones with new features that you get access too as you level up. Rikti War Zone is a big one, which introduces co-op play between heroes and villains. Orobouros is (probably) another, with some unique game play elements (repeating story lines you missed) and some associated badges for increasing the difficulty.

Fundamentally, though, it doesn't change. At 14 however you can't really do much, so I think it's a tad premature to decide. I'd recommend you continue to play and get at least to 22 or so before deciding the game doesn't suit you.

OTOH it's your call... I don't know what other games you've played, but the MMOGs I've played don't really change as you level. Most of the variation comes from teaming with different (live) people.

Yes, it's the same reason I quit Everquest. I was playing up to around level 20 when I suddenly realized "what am I doing?" City of Heroes is of course more fast paced which keeps it a little bit more interesting.

Then again, I'm considering trying Eve out again. I was thinking back to how interesting the economy system was on that game. Oops, didn't mean to hijack the thread. :)

Congrats! Which server are these guys on?

Pinnacle. That was my main from roughly a year ago when I started.

And yes, allegedly Villain AT's are coming...which means I have to get Wayne Brady to 50...

Cuz yeah, he's my highest level villain. :ugly:

And thanks guys, I'm still pretty jazzed. :D

Cool. My original Tank Grrl is on Pinnacle, and I think in a super group too. Can't think of what other toons I have on Pinnalce, I think my new WP/Mace is on Pinnalce too.

(As Tim mentioned, the other reason to keep playing is alt-itis. Also, try difference servers. Freedom is always packed, if you are looking for stuff to do it might be good to turn down the graphics and face the lag. More people means faster leveling too.... )

Right now' date=' most of my characters are on Victory, but I have a few on Pinnacle. Just having downoaded Ventrilo, I might get back to more regular CoH play. Where is the action to be found, if any Hero board members would suffer my company?[/quote']

I play mostly on Triumph (my global is Gwendolyn Leaf ). I am almost always up for company. :)

Looks like my main playing area is on Infinity now, but I have Alts on every server.

Different At's have different sweet spots in terms of playability IMO. Tankers don't get that interesting I think until the 20s.

I'm biased toward Scrappers & Blasters, though I like Controllers & Defenders in groups.

Because Justice kept going down my main play partner and I went and made a couple toons on Liberty. Don't know if we'll ever get back to them though. Unless Justice crashes some more ;)

Still sticking to Justice mostly. Deleted a low-level toon to start a new one. In short order we shot our characters up to 20th level. My friend is trying out the dual swords and willpower, I'm trying out the dual pistols.

Right now' date=' most of my characters are on Victory, but I have a few on Pinnacle. Just having downoaded Ventrilo, I might get back to more regular CoH play. Where is the action to be found, if any Hero board members would suffer my company?[/quote']

I've suggested a once per week get together, but so far no takers. People are just a bit to busy with personal life to be able to commit to anything. Theoretically, Eurostar commits it's villainy on Monday nights on Champion, but since it's just Tim and me who read our website, this hasn't had any interest.

(Tanker Tuesday is a long running event on Champion, blue-side. It's the first Tuesday of each month, iirc. Eurostar's Monday nights was intended to be something like the villain version of Tanker Tuesday.)

I've suggested a once per week get together, but so far no takers. People are just a bit to busy with personal life to be able to commit to anything. Theoretically, Eurostar commits it's villainy on Monday nights on Champion, but since it's just Tim and me who read our website, this hasn't had any interest.

(Tanker Tuesday is a long running event on Champion, blue-side. It's the first Tuesday of each month, iirc. Eurostar's Monday nights was intended to be something like the villain version of Tanker Tuesday.)

Well, my friend Shadowwalker just got the game, and I'm helping him through the low levels and a first toon tonight on victory, but I'm glad (and I'm sure he would too) to meet up with any Hero board members on other servers..but of course, we'll be low level characters (unless its on Victory).