City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. I did a 'wedding' theme for my main toon's second costume slot, I went with her hair color (blue) rather than the white (though the under portion is white). It looks nifty if you ask me, but I would like the bug fixed. :P

Wedding expansion pack? I suddenly feel out of the loop.

I did play alongside my partner in crime/heroism through most of the double-xp weekend. Went pretty well really. But by sunday night I was so burnt out on the game. Now I'm not so bad.

They Nerfed the XP that one gets for Rikti Portals. The XP normalization has really pumped the XP amount you get for everything. I went from slogging very slowly though the mid teens to dashing. Heck it feels faster than the double xp weekend.

I play Heroes on Guardian and my Villians are on Pinnacle

Tasha :D

PS I haven't decided whether or not to get the Wedding Pack. Though a Flaming Blaster called Jilted. Hmmm I can come up with a ton of stuff for those costume bits.

They Nerfed the XP that one gets for Rikti Portals.
According to the devs, people were hitting the portal once, then leaving it alone to fight others, and when the portal timed out and went away (something like two minutes iirc), they got free XP. So they removed the XP completely from the portals, and buffed the XP for the Communications Officers. At least, that is what they said on the CoH boards recently.

I thought that's what you had to do in the first place so he didn't summon more Rikti.

It's the 'farming'. People would find a communications officer and never kill him, let him spawn more baddies to kill, a seemingly easy way to get XP. IMHO, it's kinda silly cause waiting for more spawns takes just about as much time as jumping to the next mob in the mission, and missions is what give the best XP, not grinding on mobs.

Some habits are just hard to break, I guess...

-shnar

It's the 'farming'. People would find a communications officer and never kill him, let him spawn more baddies to kill, a seemingly easy way to get XP. IMHO, it's kinda silly cause waiting for more spawns takes just about as much time as jumping to the next mob in the mission, and missions is what give the best XP, not grinding on mobs.

Some habits are just hard to break, I guess...

-shnar

I was also under the impression (dealing with Death Shamans after a recent patch) that you don't GET xp for the pets/summoned creatures, so you WANT to kill the summoner as soon as possible so he can't summon any more, an ability which is already accounted for in his XP grade.

JG

Yeah, they changed that a long time ago, where the summoned pets didn't give XP. But again, with CoH, grinding is not a smart way to lvl-up. Go do your missions, especially if you have the difficulty set up higher. You'll get more XP just for completing the mission than for killing all the creatures inside.

-shnar

I've thought about trying CoH/V however I just can't bring myself to pay to play a game every month no matter how good it is. That said I am interested in the costume designer of the game. How good is it?

Completely worth it. I honestly wish that they would put out the costume designer as an optional offline feature as well. Makes getting an image of your characters a whole lot easier. :P

Also, the updates are free, (the expansion pack I was speaking of is a rarity and completly optional).

Completely worth it. I honestly wish that they would put out the costume designer as an optional offline feature as well. Makes getting an image of your characters a whole lot easier. :P

Also, the updates are free, (the expansion pack I was speaking of is a rarity and completly optional).

And relativly pointless, it does not change game play, it is literaly a few emotes (Gestures your character can do) and a few extra costume items

Now the Good Vs Evil Expansion pack is actualy useful giving you 2 extra powers for your character (One called a jump pack lets you have a limited form of flight, the other teleports you to a certain location in the game), it is included however in the COH/COV combined pack

Yeah, they changed that a long time ago, where the summoned pets didn't give XP. But again, with CoH, grinding is not a smart way to lvl-up. Go do your missions, especially if you have the difficulty set up higher. You'll get more XP just for completing the mission than for killing all the creatures inside.

-shnar

True, but if you are lvl 50, it doesn't matter. Or if you can only stay for a short period, or want to level before hitting a mission, or (and this is rare now, with the XP smoothing and the difficulty setting), you can actually hit points where none of your contacts will give you missions or a new contact.

In general, however, I agree - I rarely street hunt, unless I am looking for a group or trying to grab some quick infamy or influence in order to make some inventions.

And relativly pointless, it does not change game play, it is literaly a few emotes (Gestures your character can do) and a few extra costume items

Depends on which points of the game you derive enjoyment from. :) The whole game is "relatively pointless", but we still pay fifteen bucks a month to play. :P Maybe it has to do with being a girl, but the extra clothing options are nice. I would like a an extra power, but I am content with what I got.

Whoops. @Chronosnight does not exists. Anachronos must have got him. Oh well.

The wedding was a PvP event. Lord Recluse popped in and tried to crash the party. Now I'm not so sad I missed it.

I'm kinda with JimOz on the Wedding Pack. It's not that the emotes or costumes are worthless, its just that none truly suit any of my characters. And $10 is kinda pricey for two costumes and four emotes.

Other than that, I'm a huge badge and costume freak. Mary already has the Greek Toga and Laurel and Sandals costume, which I logged in and got as soon as I realized it was available as the Valentines Day reward. (I mean, I blew a free costume change to actually give her the outfit. And I was darn sad to lose the Enforcer outfit she had.) It was just the idea of paying too much money for something that drove me off.

The whole game is "relatively pointless"' date=' but we still pay fifteen bucks a month to play. :P[/quote']

I *really* wish they would offer a Lifetime Membership pricing, like Lord of the Rings online did. (Was $200, and by my calculations, I've already spent almost $500 on CoH).

-shnar

I *really* wish they would offer a Lifetime Membership pricing, like Lord of the Rings online did. (Was $200, and by my calculations, I've already spent almost $500 on CoH).

-shnar

I have you recommended it? I don't know if ncsoft would go for it, but it's worth a shot.

• 2 months later...