City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Thing that irritates me, I've been playing with I12 on the test server, and from what I can gather if you want the Roman Armor costume pieces you have to do the Task Force. Which means you HAVE to do it for every character. That's a load of crap. I've been asking for Roman costume pieces since before ALPHA.

Thing that irritates me' date=' I've been playing with I12 on the test server, and from what I can gather if you want the Roman Armor costume pieces you have to do the Task Force. Which means you HAVE to do it for every character. That's a load of crap. I've been asking for Roman costume pieces since before ALPHA.[/quote']

That kind of sucks. But new power sets sounds cool!

Actually' date=' I'm looking forward to making a psychic blaster.[/quote']

Have one on test. They don't do as much damage os other blasters, but they don't have as many mobs that can resist it either.

But you are toast against bots.

Have one on test. They don't do as much damage os other blasters, but they don't have as many mobs that can resist it either.

But you are toast against bots.

I've always joked that my Illusion Controller was a Psychic Blaster, way back since Containment in I5. Bots were her bane, and why I picked up Air Superiority.

Well, bots and Carnies. Psi Defense is generally unexpected.

I'm not reading the whole thread.

My entire Champions team is on CoH. We even signed me up and brought a couple of others back just to snag another day together! Aren't we cuuute?

If anyone wants to say howdy, I'm @salamandress2. At least until I can convince the little bitch with my global name to quit so I can steal it.

I'm SCRAPTASTIC!

I'm not reading the whole thread.

My entire Champions team is on CoH. We even signed me up and brought a couple of others back just to snag another day together! Aren't we cuuute?

If anyone wants to say howdy, I'm @salamandress2. At least until I can convince the little bitch with my global name to quit so I can steal it.

I'm SCRAPTASTIC!

"Set Phasers to "Harrassment""

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but Cryptic is now developing Champions Online. Wonder how it will compare with their other superhero MMO...

-shnar

I think there's a page on it around here somewhere...

and it's no longer relevant to CoX, since NCSoft bought out Cryptic's interest in the City titles.

JG

Not anymore, NCSoft ought out Cryptic's interest last year so Cryptic could develop the Marvel MMO. When Marvel dropped the project after finding they couldn't get numbers equal to WOW, Cryptic went looking for a Superhero universe to develop, and bought the IP for Champions.

Not anymore' date=' NCSoft ought out Cryptic's interest last year so Cryptic could develop the Marvel MMO. When Marvel dropped the project after finding they couldn't get numbers equal to WOW, Cryptic went looking for a Superhero universe to develop, and bought the IP for Champions.[/quote']

Be careful what you post. Some may think that's an actual fact and not just what you believe.

Maybe the reason

When Marvel dropped the project after finding they couldn't get numbers equal to WOW
is the sticking point.

I didn't spend any brain cells on it, but I thought there different versions. Two companies decided not to pursue a mutual project. You hardly ever hear the real story.

I've heard several versions from the CoH boards.

- Marvel decided to drop MUO after realizing that they weren't going to get WoW numbers.

- The XBox 360 architecture wasn't robust enough for the planned MMO.

- Marvel and Microsoft had a falling out over copyright issues.

- Cryptic couldn't deliver enough in time.

Possibly none of these are true. All of them are from biased sources, and none are from official ones.

Add to rumors:

- Marvel wanted to turn MUO into City of Iron Man to support their latest movie property, and both Cryptic and MS were quite cool to the idea. Marvel lost interest when they discovered they weren't in the driver seat.

On my 33 Rad Defender (HERO 5er) I don't see that many changes except that my Contacts list now subdivides for "active" contacts I can actually get missions from versus "inactive" contacts that are too low level.

jg

One of the best changes they made IMHO.