City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

I went after the TF on during the open Beta for I12. Like most Task Force missions it's pretty tough. I'd say it's probably close to impossible if you don't have the proper team build. Which makes the whole "unlockable costume sets" addition to the TF really, REALLY bad game design, as far as I'm concerned anyway. If doing the TF with one character unlocked the reward so I could use it on any character it might be worth the time sink and aggrivation. As it stands now I probably won't even bother with it unless I just REALLY want to play and have several hours to waste.

You can click on player names in chat now. Get a tell or /broadcast from someone looking for a team? Just click on their name to add them or chat with them.

You can drag your power icons to the chat window, then anyone can click on the text to see the power detail. Works with Enhancements and Recipies too, maybe Salvage (haven't tried that).

You can TYPE the name of any power into chat in square brackets ("[]") and click on it, even if you don't have the power. See dragging (above) for the format.

There are more chat channels now, and the number you can belong to got increased (I think), and the size of your friends list got a boost too.

Too many others to remember right now....

I went through the Midnight Club arc last night with my lvl 50 magic defender (emp/psy/dark) -- solo. I must say that I was very aggravated about the enemy mix -- there were lots of times that there was 1 (or 2) comm officers hanging out with a chief mentalist/mesmerist. Luckily, debt means little to me now that I am lvl 50, or I would be writing angry letters to the devs.

Once I earned access to the Midnight Club, I went to Cimerora. I was slightly annoyed that the first couple of missions after the "Senator's tour" were timed, but I was not made aware of this fact until after I had accepted the mission. I seem to remember that being a problem that annoyed a lot of people sometime before, and they fixed it by making sure that you always knew that a mission was timed before you accepted it.

• 1 month later...

I'm liking the Cimerora Task Force. It's pretty playable and none of it feels like a filler.

We (Me, Shinitra, Kid Jurrasic, and 4 other random folk with amazingly good attitudes) finally beat that sucker and got our Roman costume pieces. I have to agree that it is a hellacious amount of work to get those pieces, and I probably will not be doing it again unless I know I have up to 4 hours on a Sunday to kill, and I've done all the prelim work already.

That said, it is a decent TF as all things go, but HARD. The right mix is darn near crucial, which since it only unlocks the Roman pieces for one toon, is sort of a PITA.

I died in epic amounts. :) I was the tank. I didn't drop until the final fights, but near the end there...I dunno, I just stopped counting after 10 deaths. Like I said though, we had a team with a really good attitude and one guy who seemed to know all the foibles of the TF who saw us through. As stated, we might have been able to do it faster with a different mix, but we were all just pleased to finish it, period.

Fortunately, I got the costume pieces for the one and only toon I really wanted them for in the first place, so I think I can let that one go for a while.

We (Me, Shinitra, Kid Jurrasic, and 4 other random folk with amazingly good attitudes) finally beat that sucker and got our Roman costume pieces. I have to agree that it is a hellacious amount of work to get those pieces, and I probably will not be doing it again unless I know I have up to 4 hours on a Sunday to kill, and I've done all the prelim work already.

That said, it is a decent TF as all things go, but HARD. The right mix is darn near crucial, which since it only unlocks the Roman pieces for one toon, is sort of a PITA.

I died in epic amounts. :) I was the tank. I didn't drop until the final fights, but near the end there...I dunno, I just stopped counting after 10 deaths. Like I said though, we had a team with a really good attitude and one guy who seemed to know all the foibles of the TF who saw us through. As stated, we might have been able to do it faster with a different mix, but we were all just pleased to finish it, period.

Fortunately, I got the costume pieces for the one and only toon I really wanted them for in the first place, so I think I can let that one go for a while.

I Played the blaster in the afore-mentioned group. I think I died 10 times before we even made it to romulus...but then again blasters are fragile and get squishy in milk.

What level is that? I let my subscription lapse and I haven't seen it yet.

jg

It's level 35-50.

And yes, it can be a tough fight, but one of my SG members on Guardian has now run it, I don't know how many times. If you follow his and some others directives, 1.5 hours tops.

I've only done it three times. First time with my lvl 50 blaster with everyone not that familiar with the TF. Took us three hours and I had max debtage through most of it. But, it's the job of the fire blaster to piss off as many mobs as possible...

Second and third time was with "Itsy Bitsy Spider" leading. Both times I took brutes. Elec/Elec did alright, but died a few times, and the third time my fire/dark brute died just once. That was the blow thru 1.5 hour run.

I think having four of the new Arachnos Epic types really helps due to the defense bonus everyone gets. And it looks like taking out Romulous four times is easier than pulling Nictus.

In case people don't know about it:

Double XP this weekend, starting Friday Jul 18.

For some reason I thought it was this last weekend, but I got a couple more characters ready for Cimerora. I think this week, I'll get my lvl 36 scrapper on Champion Cimerora ready

In case people don't know about it:

Double XP this weekend, starting Friday Jul 18.

For some reason I thought it was this last weekend, but I got a couple more characters ready for Cimerora. I think this week, I'll get my lvl 36 scrapper on Champion Cimerora ready

We're going to be trying to run some red-sides to 50. I want my villain EAT. ;)

We're going to be trying to run some red-sides to 50. I want my villain EAT. ;)

Well, I noticed on the ITF, when I ran my newly minted lvl 36, she was just a tad short of 38 by the end of an eight man ITF. And that was at normal xp.:sneaky:

• 1 month later...

WAAAAAGH!!

I just got this in my email:

Your character(s) were discovered in game with a costume that violates the Rules of Conduct(RoC) #16. In an effort to limit the interruption of your game play as much as possible, the costume(s) has been reset to basic tights. For each costume that has been reset your character has been granted a free costume change at any Icon tailor shop. This is a follow up message to inform you of our policy regarding this issue. Please make sure that your new costume is unique and does not in any way resemble any existing intellectual property.

Account : Logabbitt

Original Character Name/Server : Quiz Master on Infinity

Costume Slots Changed : 1, 3

Intellectual Property : Riddler, DC Comics

Dammit! I thought he was different enough to not be an issue. :(

That blows. I see stuff all the time that's a ripoff, but don't really care. I always wonder why anyone except for those companies would care.

My only real parody is I created a Tiny little character to play alongside my best friend and his son who made tiny characters. While her name is "Mini Driver", she actually looks like the girl from Speed Racer.

I did create one alternate costume, but I wanted the original, dangit. Ok, it was obviously meant to be a Riddler homage, I can't deny that. But like I said, it wasn't a direct translation! I'll have to spend the evening figuring out what I want to look like now. Maybe I'll just run around naked. That'll show 'em!

I'd really like to know who reported me.

Yeah, I'm always surprised when someone actually "reports" on someone about a name or costume. I had a toon named Pizz N Vinegar and I teamed up with a friend of mine named Suga N Spice. We got a lot of compliments on the duo. The name actually got nerfed! I supplied three alternative names and they let me have Blackballed. Are your serious!?! I'm sure that one will get nerfed at some point now too. If so, I'll know it was one of you....

Yeah' date=' I'm always surprised when someone actually "reports" on someone about a name or costume. I had a toon named Pizz N Vinegar and I teamed up with a friend of mine named Suga N Spice. We got a lot of compliments on the duo. The name actually got nerfed! I supplied three alternative names and they let me have Blackballed. Are your serious!?! I'm sure that one will get nerfed at some point now too. If so, I'll know it was one of you....[/quote']

You shoulda called it Pizza n'Vinegar and it woulda been harder to notice.

jg