City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

• 1 month later...

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

I've been playing 5 years. I have 1 50( Pinnacle server) heroside. And my highest level villan just hit 43 about a week ago.

BTW the 60 month vet reward is 5 merits and the ability to get level 1-3 powers from the travel pools at level 6

I also have been playing 5 years. My main Hero is St.Grimblefig, a lvl 50 Magic Defender. My main villain is a lvl 45 Magic Mastermind, Lord Grimblefig, who was created as a dark reflection of the hero in an accident involving a powerful magic mirror, the Circle of Thorns and an attack by St.G (I am still trying to figure out how to build this mission arc in the Architect system).

Nice to see some activity, so far I've got Five heroes and Three villains up to level 50 out of the 55 characters I've currently have (one of which is a place holder for when Going Rogue comes out)

I also want to figure out a good Demon mastermind char, but haven't thought up the concept quite yet.

If people want to Coalition to get access to teleporters, Blue on Justice, Infinity & Virtue, Red on Guardian and if I'm on if someone needs help with something, I have something on every server.

My high levels are Blue Champion, Justice & Infinity, Red on Guardian. Virtue & Freedom have some higher heroes, and fairly high villain on Justice. On everyone is at least 16 if not in the 20s.

I put together a list of all the day jobs, both Hero & Villain at Day Jobs

Very simple descriptor of where the locations are.

Similarly, I have about 4 heroes (not sure really) in the 50 range and a bunch more in the high 40s, and at least 3 villains at 50. I forget what the 66 month award was (I think it was the "remove fog of war" power, which was a good idea, but ultimately if you remove the FoW then you have no idea what part of a base you haven't searched yet).

Similarly' date=' I have about 4 heroes (not sure really) in the 50 range and a bunch more in the high 40s, and at least 3 villains at 50.[/quote']

So of those 4 (approx) heroes in the 50 range, how many are above level 50? ;)

I forget what the 66 month award was (I think it was the "remove fog of war" power' date=' which was a good idea, but ultimately if you remove the FoW then you have no idea what part of a base you haven't searched yet).[/quote']

Does that power remove all FoW from all maps, even ones you haven't been to yet? Or is it an "activate and it removes the FoW from the map you are currently on"?

It removes the FoW from whatever map you are on at the time.

This makes it good if you're in one of those horrible caverns where you swear you've been everywhere. POOF... hey there's a tunnel I missed!

But click it too early and you do a lot of backtracking over areas you've ben to before because you're not sure you emptied them.

Does that power remove all FoW from all maps, even ones you haven't been to yet? Or is it an "activate and it removes the FoW from the map you are currently on"?

Removes FoW of the map you're on. Nice for clearing city maps, but I don't in missions except for a couple such as the Lady Jane mission so I know which path to take to the chest. Best use of lockpicking in that mission.

Very neat. But where can I find a (hero side) Graveyard' date=' and what/where is Shadowshard?[/quote']

Shadowshard is the lvl 40+ area that you get to by going to the middle Portal Corp building, and go thru the gate to the right. I haven't double checked, but I don't think you have to be level 40 anymore to go in. The reward for that day job is a jet pack.

Graveyards: Striga Island near the Toby contact is one and all of Dark Astoria is considered one.

Villain side, Potters field in Sharkhead.

I think I'll be expanding the sheet to mention the rewards as well

Now that you mention it, I do think Croatoa has some graveyards. And I never noticed that all of Dark Astoria counted as one (though given its backstory, it is logical). I'm working on one day job badge at a time now. I have Professor, and am working on Caregiver now. being that it takes 21 days of off-time to get one, I don't see how it will *not* take a very long time to get all the day job badges, and thus the accolades from multiple jobs.

Now that you mention it' date=' I do think Croatoa has some graveyards. And I never noticed that all of Dark Astoria counted as one (though given its backstory, it is logical). I'm working on one day job badge at a time now. I have Professor, and am working on Caregiver now. being that it takes 21 days of off-time to get one, I don't see how it will *not* take a very long time to get all the day job badges, and thus the accolades from multiple jobs.[/quote']

I think it's feasible to have a character with all of them by now, but not sure. Two of my chars are just missing a few with at least each started.

Croatoa has a haunted park with memorial statues and cenotaphs. All it lacks is actual graves. I'm pretty sure you can't get the badge there.

You are correct -- my bad.

I went to Croatoa a couple of nights ago to refresh my memory. Sure enough, the place I was thinking of is just a park that happens to have a lot of ghosts hanging around, and no day job icon showed up.

Yes. The 'park' in Croatoa is actually some kind of memorial park and not actually a graveyard. I usually just use my base porter to drop me into Dark Astoria and then use Ouroboros to get out again (since the base 'porter drops you in the middle of the north end of the map and the exit is along the west wall).

• 5 weeks later...

The Dual Guns portion of Going Rogue is in Open Beta.

I'm guessing they want to have Dual Guns and Demon Summoning available in March for people's preorders of GR.

It's a fun set. I think I'll be running a corrupter with it when it goes live.

attachment.php?attachmentid=34983&stc=1

Not the best capture, I'll try a few more tomorrow.