House Rules for Hit Location

etherio

Re: House Rules for Hit Location

Sheesh, trawl through old posts, guys, why don't you :)

Etherio, old buddy, it may just be me, but I think the file with your hit location rules in has vamoosed: any chance of re-posting it (or sending me a copy if your allotment of filespace is full)? Cheers!

tcksgw@ntlworld.com

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh, trawl through old posts, guys, why don't you :)

Etherio, old buddy, it may just be me, but I think the file with your hit location rules in has vamoosed: any chance of re-posting it (or sending me a copy if your allotment of filespace is full)? Cheers!

tcksgw@ntlworld.com

I posted it under my Disavowed campaign house rules at http://www.realschluss.org/disavowed/house_rules/, it's far down the page, near the bottom, you'll see the chart and below it an explanation which I believe still works as Etherio intended.

I posted it under my Disavowed campaign house rules at http://www.realschluss.org/disavowed/house_rules/' date=' it's far down the page, near the bottom, you'll see the chart and below it an explanation which I believe still works as Etherio intended.[/quote']

Why thank you, kind sir.

And, Etherio: good work - keep it up!

The only concern I have is with the arms, especially lower arms and hands: they can be almost anywhere, so missing means you are quite likely to hit the head and quite unlikely to hit (say) the thighs, although the hands COULD be near either when you miss. Not sure what you can do about that.

Oh and I'd probably put crown right at the top, but I can see at least one reason why you might not.

Great work though and it soes address the question: well, what DO I hit then...

Good points, these...and ones I thought of myself. However...

The only concern I have is with the arms' date=' especially lower arms and hands: they can be almost anywhere, so missing means you are quite likely to hit the head and quite unlikely to hit (say) the thighs, although the hands COULD be near either when you miss. Not sure what you can do about that.[/quote']

Something I couldn't avoid while remaining within the existing HERO System structure. The hit chart is what it is. If I were designing a location chart myself, it would be 2-dimensional instead of linear.

Oh and I'd probably put crown right at the top' date=' but I can see at least one reason why you might not.[/quote']

I would have put it there, too, because it just seems right there. This chart was based, though, on armor pieces already detailed in HERO books. In the piecemeal armor tables, 3 was clearly associated with the face, and so on...

Great work though and it soes address the question: well' date=' what DO I hit then...[/quote']

Many thanks.

I'll try to repost the files for the system and rules here.

Good points, these...and ones I thought of myself. However...

Something I couldn't avoid while remaining within the existing HERO System structure. The hit chart is what it is. If I were designing a location chart myself, it would be 2-dimensional instead of linear.

I would have put it there, too, because it just seems right there. This chart was based, though, on armor pieces already detailed in HERO books. In the piecemeal armor tables, 3 was clearly associated with the face, and so on...

Many thanks.

I'll try to repost the files for the system and rules here.

If you need a place, I'm glad to host it in its own form to your liking.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...

So I was curious just how lethal this house rule is. I had assumed that it was at least slightly more efficient to aim for locations like the head, but I just liked the way that it worked for targeting. A number of members, though, expressed concerns that the lethality of it would be unbalancing, and yet it hadn't seemed that way in play.

Now, I gots me a lot of respect for the scientific method, and I don't like to make an argument without evidence, so I set about to investigate. I made a spreadsheet that I could use to calculate the "average" result one would get for each of the damage modifiers on the hit location table when aiming at each particular location. That "average" is calculated from the probability that each location will be rolled on a 3d6 distribution curve. Remember that my house rule "moves" the center of the curve, and that it creates a situation where some hit location rolls may result in 0 damage. I was surprised by the results:

The rows highlighted are not only the "averages" for targeting those locations in my variant, but also for rolling randomly on the tables with the core rules. It's easy to see that the damage efficiency for my variant peaks at those "average" locations in the core rules, so abuse is not an issue.

Please note that there is no row highlighted in the "low shot" table. In the core rules, one die is used for this type of attack, and therefore no distribution curve exists.

Here is the data presented in a more visual form. Note how damage efficiency decreases as one aims farther up or down the chart.

What this hit location variant does is not make combat more lethal, but make aiming more playable and possible than in the core rules wherein sometimes your chances of hitting a particular location can actually decrease when aiming at it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of a little disappointed that no one has posted a critique of my data analysis methods. With the kind of personalities and brains possessed by HERO gamers, I'm sure that there are plenty of you guys that who could give their own insight, especially since there was so much mathematical debate on this method posted a while back. We HERO gamers each have a bit of the game designer and number cruncher in us, and this has become sort of a fun intellectual exercise for me.

Please...let me know if you've found any flaws in my analysis.

For a fair analysys' date=' we'd have to compare your data with data using the existing Hit Location rules and see how they differ. I don't know about anyone else, but that takes me some time. Especially since I have finals coming up.[/quote']

The analysis I presented is a comparison. Re-read the text in the posts containing the data analysis, and you'll see my explanation of how the highlighted rows are the "averages" for rolling randomly on the tables in the core rules. Comprehensively analyzing the way in which the core rules' OCV modifier for targeting affects "average" multipliers would be very long-winded, because of the massive variability of CVs in play. However, I do not deny that targeting is more accessible with this variant. The very nature of this system obviously makes targeting a desired location easier, but I think the material I posted shows that it is not more lethal than randomly rolling hit location in the core rules.

For a fair analysys' date=' we'd have to compare your data with data using the existing Hit Location rules and see how they differ. I don't know about anyone else, but that takes me some time. Especially since I have finals coming up.[/quote']

BTW...

Thanks for the post. I hope you have the time to critique, for yea or for nay, when cramming's done. I'm lucky enough to be free of that pressure (for the time being at least); I completed my useless degree last year and am comfortably doing the same crap I could have done without the higher education. :)

Good luck on your finals, Raven. I've been there myself, and I feel for you.

• 7 years later...
If he succeeds' date=' but not by that number, then he rolls for hit location. His roll is modified by the "Mod" number for the location he targeted, and the result is the actual location hit. What the "Mod" does is center the bell curve on the targeted location.[/quote']

I have thought of doing something slightly different. As you do, always target a location. If it misses, roll for high or low and then move the hit as much higher or lower as the attack missed by. If it goes off the top or bottom of the chart, it misses. I haven't tried it, but it seemed like it might work and feel better than the standard location chart. Admittedly, to me it would feel more natural for missile weapons than for melee weapons (as would your system).

...what we did was just roll to hit' date=' determine what location it struck, and then you could "push" the hit to a location within however much you made the to-hit roll by.[/quote']

Hmm. Interesting. You know, to me that would feel better for melee than for missle weapons, the opposite of "call location and calculate miss distance" systems like the OP's. It would be odd, but I suppose nothing prevents using a different system for melee vs. missle combat.

...what we did was just roll to hit' date=' determine what location it struck, and then you could "push" the hit to a location within however much you made the to-hit roll by.[/quote']

Hmm. Interesting. You know, to me that would feel better for melee than for missle weapons, the opposite of "call location and calculate miss distance" systems like the OP's. It would be odd, but I suppose nothing prevents using a different system for melee vs. missle combat.

Wow, total blast from the past.

Nothing prevents it at all.

If memory serves, looking back in time, the reason I introduced my variation was because we observed that high-skill (i.e. high CV characters) that called shots would either completely hit or miss, never just "get close" to what they are aiming at. In other words, if you aimed for the face and missed it was a total miss with no possibility of being a crown or throat hit or even a glancing blow. This disincentivized high-CV characters from calling shots in the first place, so I had the idea to instead determine a normal hit location and then allow the margin of success to move the attack around to a more desirable location.

It worked well and players have liked it (though understandably less when it is used AGAINST them), but I've run two campaigns w/ hit locations since then and I have not opted to put this house rule in use again...as the years get on I get more minimalistic.

Yeah, one of the hazards of reading the forum late at night is I might be too sleepy to check the dates and avoid necro-posting. :-)

My motivation is similar--the idea that aimed shots are a double-or-nothing gambit is basically crazy and doesn't even feel right. Back when we played lots of FH I'd have loved to fix this, but I was the only one bothered by the idea that that aiming makes you less likely to hit.

Theoretically, I'd use hit locations for fantasy; however, now that I'm more daddy than anything else I'd run something my kids like, and for fantasy I'd probably use a certain cartoon they like. That would basically mean using superhero rules without hit locations or criticals, or even killing attacks. Neither the effects nor the extra rolls are appropriate. KB would be appropriate though. cartoons seem to involve nerf weapons but lots of cinematic flying about. I guess it's like getting smacked with a weather balloon. :-) In fact, it would almost be appropriate to treat weapons simply as a special effect of a personal power, since that cartoon portrays people fighting about as well without weapons as with them, a broken sword with 4" of blade is a perfectly sane weapon to use against polearms, and so on. I think you buy however much hand attack models your character's intrinsic fighting strength, and then just define the special effect "uses father's broken sword" or whatever. I suppose I could allow weapons to give you an extra die or something just to encourage their use (as in the cartoon) without there being that much disadvantage to having a silly weapon or none at all.

Likewise' date=' for location 13, a hit to the buttocks is not going to be as damaging as a hit to the crotch:[/quote']

Location 13 isn't really the crotch. Location 13 is Vitals.

Lucius Alexander

Have you seen a hit location chart for a palindromedary?

• 3 weeks later...

This Alternate Hit Location (Aiming) System is pretty solid statistically, I did a quick check on it and it really is pretty balanced and has no serious loop holes in it to exploit. I assumed a Roll of 3 on 3d6 for your attack always hits the location you aimed at, which I think was how this system was designed (it does not make that much of a difference anyway, but just wanted to state the assumption I used), and what I did (assuming the attached excel file actually uploaded, I am new here and not sure if this forum is upload friendly) as you can see in the excel file is to compare the average result you get when using this system compared to a regular attack (one that does not aim, but just attacks the target's DCV and rolls 3d6 for location per normal HERO rules). I did not bother comparing to an attack that made a called shot to any location using normal HERO rules, as this new system would always be superior to that, since both systems hit the aimed at location if the attack roll is high enough, but this New System also allows a hit to still be possible even if the attack roll is less than what is needed to auto hit the aimed at area, making the New System strictly higher damage than the default HERO rules for making Called Shots.

So what this attached file shows is the ratio of the damage inflicted using the New System / Default HERO. When you see a value of 1 it means the two systems give the same statistically average result, thus there is no difference in effect using the New System over the Default. Values above 1 indicate that the New System gives a higher average result for that damage modifier (there are 3: STUNX, NSTUNX, and BODYX) whereas those below 1 mean the New System gives a lower average than just using the Default system. If you see, say, a 1.25 that means the New System gives you 25% more damage than the Default would for that damage modifier, while if you see a 0.85 it means the New System gets you only 85% of what the Default you give you, a 15% reduction in effect.

So you can see which Aimed Locations turn out to be the best bang for your buck depending on what 3d6 result you need to hit the target's normal DCV. The numbers at the very top row show the 3d6 you need to hit the target DCV, and I show up to a 25, as even though a roll of 18 always misses, which is factored into this sheet, at a 25 you pretty much always hit where you Aim using this system, since the worst penalty is -8, and that means your 25 needed to hit drops to a 17, which means you always hit that place since an 18 always misses anyway. So you should expect that if you need a 25 to hit the foe (and that would be a pretty lopsided combat to be sure!) you should be aiming at the Head:)

I used the Conditional Filter of Excel to have it highlight the maximum result in each of the damage modifier columns, so you can see the scatter of highlighted cells for each 3d6 needed group of columns to see where is the most advantageous place to aim depending on what you are trying to do (if you want to Stun the foe and care not as much for dealing just Body, and use a Killing Attack, you look at the STUNX column. If you use a Normal Attack and care about Stun not Body done, you look at the NSTUNX column. If you want Body as the priority, say you are facing an automation that takes no Stun, look at the BODYX column.) It is interesting that each of these 3 damage modifiers often has a different hit location for maximum effect, which I think is actually a neat and very flavorful artifact of this New System, you target different places depending on what you want to achieve.

The ratios are not really that high, you are looking at no more than 2-3% better than the Default for the normal ranges of 3d6 needed to hit (say from 7-14 needed to hit the target as the typical range you might expect) when choosing that optimal location to aim at. Actually, if your players are not optimizing in this fashion and just aim at parts that seem fun to them, they may actually end up netting less damage than if they just used the Default. But that would not be all that much less in most cases as you will see anyway, so it adds the fun of aiming but without that much of an impact on effect overall.

Just for fun, here is the result for the 3-17 range, the maximum for 18-24 is basically the same as for 17, while 25 is the same as for 3 more or less. [TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Roll[/TD]

[TD]Location[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]Auto Hit[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[TD]STUNx[/TD]

[TD]NSTUN[/TD]

[TD]BODYx[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]Face[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]-8[/TD]

[TD]1.74[/TD]

[TD]2.00[/TD]

[TD]2.02[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]1.07[/TD]

[TD]1.08[/TD]

[TD]0.79[/TD]

[TD]0.89[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.74[/TD]

[TD]0.83[/TD]

[TD]0.84[/TD]

[TD]0.72[/TD]

[TD]0.80[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.70[/TD]

[TD]0.79[/TD]

[TD]0.80[/TD]

[TD]0.70[/TD]

[TD]0.78[/TD]

[TD]0.79[/TD]

[TD]0.69[/TD]

[TD]0.78[/TD]

[TD]0.78[/TD]

[TD]0.69[/TD]

[TD]0.78[/TD]

[TD]0.78[/TD]

[TD]0.71[/TD]

[TD]0.80[/TD]

[TD]0.80[/TD]

[TD]0.74[/TD]

[TD]0.83[/TD]

[TD]0.84[/TD]

[TD]0.79[/TD]

[TD]0.89[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.87[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.96[/TD]

[TD]1.09[/TD]

[TD]1.10[/TD]

[TD]1.08[/TD]

[TD]1.23[/TD]

[TD]1.24[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Neck[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]-8[/TD]

[TD]1.74[/TD]

[TD]2.00[/TD]

[TD]2.02[/TD]

[TD]1.04[/TD]

[TD]1.16[/TD]

[TD]1.17[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]0.85[/TD]

[TD]0.94[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]0.83[/TD]

[TD]0.92[/TD]

[TD]0.92[/TD]

[TD]0.82[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.89[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.89[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.82[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.92[/TD]

[TD]0.85[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]0.96[/TD]

[TD]1.07[/TD]

[TD]1.08[/TD]

[TD]1.05[/TD]

[TD]1.18[/TD]

[TD]1.19[/TD]

[TD]1.16[/TD]

[TD]1.30[/TD]

[TD]1.32[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]Crown[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]-8[/TD]

[TD]1.74[/TD]

[TD]2.00[/TD]

[TD]2.02[/TD]

[TD]1.11[/TD]

[TD]1.23[/TD]

[TD]1.24[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]1.07[/TD]

[TD]1.08[/TD]

[TD]0.94[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]1.03[/TD]

[TD]0.92[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]0.94[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]1.03[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]1.07[/TD]

[TD]1.08[/TD]

[TD]1.04[/TD]

[TD]1.14[/TD]

[TD]1.15[/TD]

[TD]1.12[/TD]

[TD]1.24[/TD]

[TD]1.25[/TD]

[TD]1.21[/TD]

[TD]1.36[/TD]

[TD]1.37[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Hands[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0.5[/TD]

[TD]0.5[/TD]

[TD]-6[/TD]

[TD]0.35[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.89[/TD]

[TD]0.89[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.96[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]0.93[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]0.94[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]0.94[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.88[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]0.96[/TD]

[TD]0.84[/TD]

[TD]0.92[/TD]

[TD]0.92[/TD]

[TD]0.78[/TD]

[TD]0.87[/TD]

[TD]0.87[/TD]

[TD]0.72[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.82[/TD]

[TD]0.65[/TD]

[TD]0.75[/TD]

[TD]0.76[/TD]

[TD]0.58[/TD]

[TD]0.69[/TD]

[TD]0.70[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]Lower Arms[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0.5[/TD]

[TD]0.5[/TD]

[TD]-5[/TD]

[TD]0.70[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.92[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.96[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]0.96[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]0.93[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.92[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.86[/TD]

[TD]0.87[/TD]

[TD]0.87[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.84[/TD]

[TD]0.75[/TD]

[TD]0.75[/TD]

[TD]0.80[/TD]

[TD]0.69[/TD]

[TD]0.70[/TD]

[TD]0.77[/TD]

[TD]0.64[/TD]

[TD]0.64[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]Upper Arms[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0.5[/TD]

[TD]0.5[/TD]

[TD]-5[/TD]

[TD]0.70[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.92[/TD]

[TD]0.89[/TD]

[TD]0.89[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]0.94[/TD]

[TD]0.94[/TD]

[TD]0.93[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.86[/TD]

[TD]0.86[/TD]

[TD]0.87[/TD]

[TD]0.80[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.84[/TD]

[TD]0.75[/TD]

[TD]0.75[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.69[/TD]

[TD]0.69[/TD]

[TD]0.77[/TD]

[TD]0.63[/TD]

[TD]0.64[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Shoulders[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]-5[/TD]

[TD]1.05[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.03[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.03[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]Breast[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]-3[/TD]

[TD]1.05[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.03[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.03[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.03[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.04[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.04[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.04[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]Ribs[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]-3[/TD]

[TD]1.05[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.03[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.03[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.04[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.04[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.04[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]Stomach[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1.5[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]-7[/TD]

[TD]1.40[/TD]

[TD]1.50[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.08[/TD]

[TD]1.11[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]1.04[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]1.02[/TD]

[TD]1.04[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]1.05[/TD]

[TD]1.08[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]1.09[/TD]

[TD]1.12[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]1.14[/TD]

[TD]1.18[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.19[/TD]

[TD]1.24[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]Vitals[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1.5[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]-8[/TD]

[TD]1.40[/TD]

[TD]1.50[/TD]

[TD]2.02[/TD]

[TD]1.05[/TD]

[TD]1.09[/TD]

[TD]1.22[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.06[/TD]

[TD]0.96[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]0.96[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[TD]0.94[/TD]

[TD]0.96[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]0.94[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]0.94[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]0.94[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]0.96[/TD]

[TD]0.94[/TD]

[TD]0.96[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.96[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.06[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]1.04[/TD]

[TD]1.14[/TD]

[TD]1.05[/TD]

[TD]1.09[/TD]

[TD]1.24[/TD]

[TD]1.11[/TD]

[TD]1.16[/TD]

[TD]1.36[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Thighs[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]-4[/TD]

[TD]0.70[/TD]

[TD]1.00[/TD]

[TD]1.01[/TD]

[TD]0.82[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.93[/TD]

[TD]0.85[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.86[/TD]

[TD]0.89[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.86[/TD]

[TD]0.89[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.85[/TD]

[TD]0.89[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.85[/TD]

[TD]0.90[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.83[/TD]

[TD]0.91[/TD]

[TD]0.92[/TD]

[TD]0.82[/TD]

[TD]0.92[/TD]

[TD]0.93[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.93[/TD]

[TD]0.94[/TD]

[TD]0.79[/TD]

[TD]0.94[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]0.77[/TD]

[TD]0.95[/TD]

[TD]0.96[/TD]

[TD]0.76[/TD]

[TD]0.96[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]0.74[/TD]

[TD]0.97[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.72[/TD]

[TD]0.98[/TD]

[TD]0.99[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]Knees[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0.5[/TD]

[TD]0.5[/TD]

[TD]-6[/TD]

[TD]0.70[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.75[/TD]

[TD]0.73[/TD]

[TD]0.74[/TD]

[TD]0.77[/TD]

[TD]0.77[/TD]

[TD]0.79[/TD]

[TD]0.77[/TD]

[TD]0.79[/TD]

[TD]0.80[/TD]

[TD]0.77[/TD]

[TD]0.79[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.77[/TD]

[TD]0.80[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.77[/TD]

[TD]0.80[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.77[/TD]

[TD]0.79[/TD]

[TD]0.81[/TD]

[TD]0.77[/TD]

[TD]0.78[/TD]

[TD]0.79[/TD]

[TD]0.76[/TD]

[TD]0.76[/TD]

[TD]0.78[/TD]

[TD]0.76[/TD]

[TD]0.74[/TD]

[TD]0.76[/TD]

[TD]0.75[/TD]

[TD]0.71[/TD]

[TD]0.73[/TD]

[TD]0.74[/TD]

[TD]0.68[/TD]

[TD]0.69[/TD]

[TD]0.74[/TD]

[TD]0.65[/TD]

[TD]0.66[/TD]

[TD]0.73[/TD]

[TD]0.61[/TD]

[TD]0.62[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]Calves[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0.5[/TD]

[TD]0.5[/TD]

[TD]-6[/TD]

[TD]0.70[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.67[/TD]

[TD]0.64[/TD]

[TD]0.66[/TD]

[TD]0.66[/TD]

[TD]0.67[/TD]

[TD]0.69[/TD]

[TD]0.66[/TD]

[TD]0.68[/TD]

[TD]0.70[/TD]

[TD]0.66[/TD]

[TD]0.68[/TD]

[TD]0.70[/TD]

[TD]0.66[/TD]

[TD]0.68[/TD]

[TD]0.70[/TD]

[TD]0.66[/TD]

[TD]0.69[/TD]

[TD]0.71[/TD]

[TD]0.66[/TD]

[TD]0.68[/TD]

[TD]0.70[/TD]

[TD]0.66[/TD]

[TD]0.67[/TD]

[TD]0.69[/TD]

[TD]0.66[/TD]

[TD]0.66[/TD]

[TD]0.68[/TD]

[TD]0.67[/TD]

[TD]0.65[/TD]

[TD]0.67[/TD]

[TD]0.67[/TD]

[TD]0.63[/TD]

[TD]0.65[/TD]

[TD]0.67[/TD]

[TD]0.61[/TD]

[TD]0.63[/TD]

[TD]0.68[/TD]

[TD]0.59[/TD]

[TD]0.60[/TD]

[TD]0.68[/TD]

[TD]0.57[/TD]

[TD]0.58[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]Ankles[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0.5[/TD]

[TD]0.5[/TD]

[TD]-8[/TD]

[TD]0.35[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.48[/TD]

[TD]0.54[/TD]

[TD]0.56[/TD]

[TD]0.51[/TD]

[TD]0.55[/TD]

[TD]0.57[/TD]

[TD]0.52[/TD]

[TD]0.55[/TD]

[TD]0.57[/TD]

[TD]0.52[/TD]

[TD]0.56[/TD]

[TD]0.57[/TD]

[TD]0.53[/TD]

[TD]0.56[/TD]

[TD]0.57[/TD]

[TD]0.53[/TD]

[TD]0.56[/TD]

[TD]0.57[/TD]

[TD]0.53[/TD]

[TD]0.56[/TD]

[TD]0.57[/TD]

[TD]0.53[/TD]

[TD]0.56[/TD]

[TD]0.57[/TD]

[TD]0.53[/TD]

[TD]0.56[/TD]

[TD]0.57[/TD]

[TD]0.52[/TD]

[TD]0.55[/TD]

[TD]0.57[/TD]

[TD]0.51[/TD]

[TD]0.55[/TD]

[TD]0.57[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.55[/TD]

[TD]0.56[/TD]

[TD]0.48[/TD]

[TD]0.54[/TD]

[TD]0.56[/TD]

[TD]0.46[/TD]

[TD]0.54[/TD]

[TD]0.55[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]Feet[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0.5[/TD]

[TD]0.5[/TD]

[TD]-8[/TD]

[TD]0.35[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.50[/TD]

[TD]0.39[/TD]

[TD]0.45[/TD]

[TD]0.46[/TD]

[TD]0.40[/TD]

[TD]0.44[/TD]

[TD]0.45[/TD]

[TD]0.40[/TD]

[TD]0.43[/TD]

[TD]0.45[/TD]

[TD]0.41[/TD]

[TD]0.43[/TD]

[TD]0.45[/TD]

[TD]0.41[/TD]

[TD]0.43[/TD]

[TD]0.45[/TD]

[TD]0.41[/TD]

[TD]0.43[/TD]

[TD]0.44[/TD]

[TD]0.41[/TD]

[TD]0.43[/TD]

[TD]0.44[/TD]

[TD]0.41[/TD]

[TD]0.43[/TD]

[TD]0.44[/TD]

[TD]0.41[/TD]

[TD]0.43[/TD]

[TD]0.45[/TD]

[TD]0.40[/TD]

[TD]0.43[/TD]

[TD]0.45[/TD]

[TD]0.40[/TD]

[TD]0.44[/TD]

[TD]0.45[/TD]

[TD]0.40[/TD]

[TD]0.44[/TD]

[TD]0.45[/TD]

[TD]0.39[/TD]

[TD]0.45[/TD]

[TD]0.46[/TD]

[TD]0.39[/TD]

[TD]0.46[/TD]

[TD]0.47[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Unfortunately the highlight cannot be shown in the above as the paste of the forum does not allow it, so you just have to find the highest value by eye for each case, but the excel file has it. [ATTACH]New Hit Location System.xls[/ATTACH]

Let me know if somehow you guys cannot access the excel sheet, and if so, maybe someone can tell me how to make it so it can be accessed.

Likewise' date=' for location 13, a hit to the buttocks is not going to be as damaging as a hit to the crotch:[/quote']

Lucius Alexander

and Vitals is a shot to a major organ that isn't head related (ie Heart, Lungs etc). Stomach actually refers to the abdomen.

The bad part is that for some reason a Vest (locations 10-11) doesn't cover vitals, which is actually SHOULD. The Piecemeal armor charts have always suffered from a bit of wonkyness and lack of reality checking.

Lucius Alexander

I don't know. To some a shot to the crotch is hitting the vitals.