Dante

Dante

i recently finished my copy of dante, i'm really new to makeing characters so i need some help with tweaking him and mkaing him be a more realistic character. i think tis might be my 5th character i made and the first one i came to pros for help. this dante is a mix of dante from devil may cry 1 & 2.

Name: Dante

Str: 25 Spd:5

Dex: 23 Pd: 7

Con 17 Ed: 5

Body: 13 End: 40

Int: 15 Stun: 40

Ego: 15 Rec: 10

Pre: 20

Com: 12

Powers:

Alaster: 2d6 HKA, 3d6 nnd (no Range) linked with HKA | +1d6 vs. non-living or true evil

Ebony & Ivory: 3d6-1 RKA, 0 end, real wepon mods, no charges

Infrete Gloves: +3d6 HTH attack, linked up to 6d6 eb continous uncontrolled

Sword Throw: 20 STR tk only usable on Alaster, max range 6"

Gliding: 2' Gliding

Run on Walls: Clang on wall and ceiling for 2 phases, +2 DCV

Double Jump: +5 Jumping, can change direction at any time

Wall Jump: +5 jumping if near wall

Multi-Form: Alaster 200 base (will post after done tweaking Dante)

Skills:

Breakfall 15-

Stealth 14-

Deduction 12-

Concealment 13-

Intemendate 12-

Streetwise 12-

Combat Sence: 14-

Paramedic 12-

Acrobatics 15-

Combat Driving-Ground 13-

Quick Draw- Sword & pistols 15-

Ambidrextrious

well off

Concealed weapon permit

Transport fam: Ground

Weapon fam: small arms & Melee

KS: occult and magic

Martial arts:

Punch

Legsweep

Kick

Block

Disarm

Dodge

Jab

+1 overall

+3 range with pistols

+2 combat

Disad:

Limit: must flip coin to make major disisions

Limit: over cofident

Limit: Distinctive looks

thats it. i need pointers so if theres anything i left out or anything to unreal plz post. i'm a newb at making characters so i didn't pirce powers and i might have named or did things out of order.

Re: Dante

i recently finished my copy of dante' date=' i'm really new to makeing characters so i need some help with tweaking him and mkaing him be a more realistic character. i think tis might be my 5th character i made and the first one i came to pros for help. this dante is a mix of dante from devil may cry 1 & 2.[/quote']

Don't worry. I'll help you. I'm a HUGE fan of Devil May Cry. Even the second game. Even though DMC2 didn't live up to the first game, the original game was so far ahead of every other action game on the market that DMC2 (even though its only half as good as the original) is still better than 75% of the action games out there...

Name: Dante

Str: 25 Spd:5

Dex: 23 Pd: 7

Con 17 Ed: 5

Body: 13 End: 40

Int: 15 Stun: 40

Ego: 15 Rec: 10

Pre: 20

Com: 12

I'd agree with most of this. Dante shows that he's stronger than normal by the creatures he regularly fights (and dominates). While I think a 23 Dex might be a bit high for Dante's human form (I'm thinking 18-20) but he is quite agile, leaping all about while simultaneously firing dual pistols andswinging away with his sword at any enemies unfortunate enough to get within melee range of Dante. And he does all this without breaking a sweat. (Multiple Power Attacks perhaps. I know its considered illegal to mix and match Sweep and Rapid Fire)

Dante is TOUGH! He gets speared though the chest with a fargin huge sword and slapped around by a gigantic Lava-scorpion-spider-thing and comes back for more. Thus, I think his Body should probably be a bit higher than 13. I'm thinking 17-ish.

As far as his Mental and Social characteristics are concerned its hard to say. We only really see Dante in combat mode...his only conversations are with Trish and his various enemies that he mocks. "Flock off Feather Face! Or you can stick around and find out the hard way!"

Powers:

Alaster: 2d6 HKA, 3d6 nnd (no Range) linked with HKA | +1d6 vs. non-living or true evil

Ebony & Ivory: 3d6-1 RKA, 0 end, real wepon mods, no charges

Infrete Gloves: +3d6 HTH attack, linked up to 6d6 eb continous uncontrolled

Hmm. Don't know if Alastor does extra damage vs evil or not. His Force Edge probably does (after it transforms). In any case, the Alastor has a Lightning SFX attatched to it. (the blade arcs with electricity at times)

Same with the Ifreet gloves, except these are charged with fire. It also adds a Fire SFX to Dante's kicks! Don't forget that the Ifreet gloves can be "charged" by holding down the attack button which causes the attack to take longer, but does significantly more damage. You might want to consider adding +2D6HA with the limitation Full Phase and another +2D6HA with the limitation extra segment. This means if Dante takes a full phase to attack by "charging" the gauntlets he does +5D6N damage instead of +3D6N. If he takes a full phase +1 Segement, he does +7D6N damage! (if thats too much reduce the bonuse to +1D6 and +1D6 for a total of +4D6N and +5D6N for +1segment)

Sword Throw: 20 STR tk only usable on Alaster, max range 6"

Gliding: 2' Gliding

Run on Walls: Clang on wall and ceiling for 2 phases, +2 DCV

Double Jump: +5 Jumping, can change direction at any time

Wall Jump: +5 jumping if near wall

Pretty good there. Need to add in the appropriate limitations. Don't have time to do that now, but I'll go through it later. Whats the Gliding for? If I recall, he only had that power in demon-form which would be covered in the Multiform.

Multi-Form: Alaster 200 base (will post after done tweaking Dante)

This is a whole other post by itself!

Skills:

Breakfall 15-

Stealth 14-

Deduction 12-

Concealment 13-

Intemendate 12-

Streetwise 12-

Combat Sence: 14-

Paramedic 12-

Acrobatics 15-

Combat Driving-Ground 13-

Quick Draw- Sword & pistols 15-

Ambidrextrious

well off

Concealed weapon permit

Transport fam: Ground

Weapon fam: small arms & Melee

KS: occult and magic

I would add the following skills to the above list:

Analyze: Demons and Devils(5) 13-

Autofire Skills:

--Accurate Sprayfire(5)

--Rapid Autofire(5)

--Skipover Sprayfire(5)

Climbing(3) 14-

Conversation(5) 14-

Defense Maneuver II (5)

Rapid Attack--Ranged(5)

Rapid Attack--Melee(5)

Sleight of Hand(5) 15-

Two Weapon Fighting--Ranged(5)

Two Weapon Fighting--HtH(5)

PERKS

TALENTS

Combat Luck (6) +3 Res Ed/Pd

The Autofire skills and the Rapid Attack skills (along with Two Weapon Fighting) allows Hero System Dante to perform just like his videogame counterpart. They are absolutely necessary for the character to be accurate.

Thats all I have for now. I'm sure I'll come up with some more later...

Don't forget that in DMC 1, there was a stage where you had to reflect the skeletal T-Rex's fireballs back at him, so Dante should have some Missile Deflection & Reflection. And he should have TF: Planes (that's how he leaves Mallet Island in DMC 1) and TF: Motorcycles (in DMC 2, if you don't already have it).

About the Disad: Must flip coin to make major decisions, I don't think that's really a disad. After all, he knows it's a coin with heads on both sides, so he just does that for dramatic effect.

Good point with the missile deflection/reflection.

Don't forget to add a +1 weapon element to Dante's martial art: Use Art with Swords. (he doesn't need an element to use them with the gauntlets unless you consider those to be fist-loads)

additionally, Dante has a few more moves not listed above. He can use the following moves in Human form as well as his Devil form.

Sword Moves:

Stinger:

Level-1: 2D6 HKA(30) Ap(+1/2) X2Kb(+3/4) 67.5 Act

--OAF(-1) x2End(-1/2) 27pts 13End

Level-2: +6" Running (12) No noncombat(-1/4) Linked (-1/2) 7pts. 1 End.

Stinger is a powerful thrust move which does increased damage to the enemy and will even blow lighter enemies (human sized and smaller) back away from Dante. It comes in 2 levels. The first level, Dante takes a couple of steps forward then thrusts the sword deep into his enemy. With the 2cnd level of the attack, Dante effortlessly glides across the room to skewer his enemies from a distance. This attack can be used with Passing Strike or Move-by/Move-through. The second level Stinger is especially deadly when coupled with Move-through. Dante's already impressive movement rates are increased to superior speeds...

Sashimi:

Naked Power Advantage (usable with any Sword): Autofire-5(+1/2) for up to 2D6 HKA. (+15) OAF(-1) Full Phase(-1/2) 6pts. End= 1.5(+STR) per attack

Sashimi is a technique Dante can use with any of his swords. He begins the game knowing this technique and its easy to miss. Dante normally strikes opponents with 4 hit combos (Sweeping normal strikes and Martial moves with his blades) but sometimes, Dante pauses momentarily on the 3rd strike...when he does so, watch out!. Dante unleashes a veritable barrage of thrust attacks at his enemy, ripping them to shreds.

Since Dante has a STR of 25 he spends 4End for each strike in the Sashimi technique. (20 End total) so he doesn't perform this attack often.

Kick-13:

+6D6HA(30) Penetrating(+1/2) X2Kb(+3/4) 67.5 Act

--X2 End(-1/2) Hand Attack (-1/2) 34pts End=13

Level-2: +4" Leaping(4) No Noncombat(-1/4) Linked(-1/2) 2pts End=1

Kick-13 is the Ifreet's answer to Alastor's Stinger. With this move, Dante kicks opponents with a powerful, flaming round-house kick which sends some enemies flying back. The second level of the attack has Dante making a short leap before kicking.

Dante's acrobatic dodging ability:

In DMC-1, Dante is pretty agile but the dodges weren't as important as they were in the second game. In DMC-2, dodging was very important and much more useful than in the original. Dante is shown to be incredibly agile and as such should have a significant number of Defensive skill levels. At least +3. Also, Defense maneuver helps mimick this ability as well (I have it listed in my additional skills list in the post above)

Pretty good there. Need to add in the appropriate limitations. Don't have time to do that now' date=' but I'll go through it later. Whats the Gliding for? If I recall, he only had that power in demon-form which would be covered in the Multiform.[/quote']

i'm not sure if i did the quote thing right, but on the glinding i tryed to do the same effect he did when he jumped in the air and kinda hung in the air and fired at enemies below... so what i try to do is get next to a wall then do a half move jump for 5" then half move glide, then fire at people on his next move while gliding down. im so unsure that works tho, i havn't played with him with anyone but myself.

i'm not sure if i did the quote thing right' date=' but on the glinding i tryed to do the same effect he did when he jumped in the air and kinda hung in the air and fired at enemies below... so what i try to do is get next to a wall then do a half move jump for 5" then half move glide, then fire at people on his next move while gliding down. im so unsure that works tho, i havn't played with him with anyone but myself.[/quote']

You did the quote thing just fine.

Gliding to mimick his ability to fire his guns while extending his "air-time".

simply brilliant.