Mightybec

Funny pics

21 hours ago, Zeropoint said:

Well, you've also got the man saying things like "how could you do this to me?" and "what's the sense in hurting my pride?", which . . . don't make it sound like he's seeing her as a person with her own agency.

I interpreted that as "why are you teasing me by even going home with me in the first place"?

Germany recently reworked it's law for sexual assault, and in the new version "vulnerable position" is way more expanded. Someone elses appartment counts.

Now idiots interpreted that as "asking 'to me or to you' is a sexual assault now". Wich is male cow excrement.

Tricking someone into your appartment can be seen as putting the other person into a vulnerable position. If you  did that, then that is a point towards the "coersion" end of the scala. Nothing in itself.

Asking "to me or to you" however is a question of interest. And a answer other then "neither" is a limited form of consent/interest.

She put herself into a vulnerable position just by going to his home, wich I consider a limited level of consent.

6 hours ago, Cygnia said:

image.png.446562ab2f68736a38e602eed472b0ca.png

This reminds me of this Dorkly video. I can only link to it due to the profanity rules:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CByk6vek6FY

4 hours ago, Pariah said:

Excellent question.

FB_IMG_1544481736319.jpg

I saw a dog at the post office with an elderly couple I would fear what would happen to this couple if they picked it up. No idea the breed, but my first thought is it was a long nosed shepherd bred with a polar bear, with more polar bear then dog. Had to be the biggest dog I have ever seen and had long white fur.

23 hours ago, slikmar said:

I saw a dog at the post office with an elderly couple I would fear what would happen to this couple if they picked it up. No idea the breed, but my first thought is it was a long nosed shepherd bred with a polar bear, with more polar bear then dog. Had to be the biggest dog I have ever seen and had long white fur. 

Something like a Leonberger, but in white perhaps?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonberger

My aunt and uncle had such a pair of those so the description rings a bell.

On 12/10/2018 at 8:51 PM, slikmar said:

I was thinking of a Great Pyrenees.

image.jpeg.16f56024d18f2cc0bffbed78d80121ee.jpeg

On 12/9/2018 at 8:37 AM, Christopher said:

I can not remember having heard that song, but I found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnH_RGyzbSU

It is her wrestling with what would be "proper" of a women in that age. She mentiones the rules/gossip and what not that would happen if she stayed for sex. When she is clearly interested, agreeing to another drink. And thinking about "taking a smoke, despite not being a smoker".

To get to teh date rape thing, you have to put way to much value on 1-2 lines "what did you put in my drink" and "how do I break this spell".

I think the cultural context of the person uttering it and where it is uttered makes all the difference. It is not hard to differentiate between the "Budhist luck Symbol" and "Fan of Hitler and his genocide" uses of the Swastika. Wich I only bring up because that literally just happened to google maps.

This is a well reasoned and thoughtful comment.  I don't think you understand how internet outrage is supposed to work.  ;)

On 12/10/2018 at 7:09 AM, Pariah said:

I think I just had an idea for a superhero origin story....

FB_IMG_1544461637999.jpg

Ancestry.com and 23andme are pretty big as Christmas gifts this year, I hear.  But there are downsides, like inadvertently giving the authorities enough information to match your relatives with any DNA they might have left behind at a crime scene.  Or discovering that your biological dad isn't who you thought it was.

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

This is a well reasoned and thoughtful comment.  I don't think you understand how internet outrage is supposed to work.  ;)

Oh I do know how it works. I find it stupid, wich is why I refuse to play that game :D

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

Ancestry.com and 23andme are pretty big as Christmas gifts this year, I hear.  But there are downsides, like inadvertently giving the authorities enough information to match your relatives with any DNA they might have left behind at a crime scene.  Or discovering that your biological dad isn't who you thought it was. 

I am uncertain how the legal situation there is. But hopefully I have nothing to worry about there.

The "not your real dad" thing is propably a "better to know for certain then always wonder" thing.

1 hour ago, Bazza said:

IMG_6378.JPG

Don't you hate bouncers?