Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

etherio

Project XIII: images from my campaign

Re: Project XIII: images from my campaign

I'll wait for Mancer to post his NPCs. I have the images on file and could put them up here, but his character summaries would be better. So I'll post a couple more images of my own design from the campaign...

THE SCARAB

This is the primary vehicle for my character Gold Bug, who appeared at this post. It amounts to a lightly armored VTOL flying/submersible troop character for our group, the New Outsiders. It has some pretty good radar-jamming capabilities, communications gear, and a holding cell, but no weapons as of yet. I drew this one from scratch on my 'puter, so I likes it.

Scarab.jpg

Val Char Cost

45 STR 0

10 DEX 0

17 BODY 0

5 SPD 30

0" RUN -12

0" SWIM -2

0" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 81

Cost Power

Propulsion Systems

63 1) Internally Contained VTOL Turbines: Flight 10", Usable Underwater (+1/4), Sideways Maneuverability full velocity (+1/2), Reduced END, 0 END (+1/2); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), Needs atmospheric medium (-1/4) plus Flight 15", x64 Noncombat, Reduced END, 0 END (+1/2) (82 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), Needs atmospheric medium (-1/4)

Hull/Chassis

15 1) Sealed and Insulated Hull: Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing)

3 2) Landing Gear: Extra Limbs (6); Only for lifting and holding large objects (-1/2)

Communications/Sensory Systems
, all slots OAF Bulky (-1 1/2)

4 1) Audio/Video Communications Panel: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group), +1 to PER Roll; OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Sight and/or Hearing (-1/2)

9 2) Sonar Display Panel: (Total: 29 Active Cost, 9 Real Cost) Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group), Targeting; OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Normal Hearing (-1/2) (Real Cost: 4) plus Active Sonar (Hearing Group), +1 to PER Roll; OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Normal Hearing (-1/2) (Real Cost: 5)

5 3) Radar-Absorbent EM Field: Invisibility to Radio Group , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Lockout with Radio Communications (-1/2), Bright Fringe (-1/4)

3 4) GPS Tracker: Detect Exact Location on Earth A Single Thing 16- (Radio Group); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Normal Sight (-1/2)

1 5) Compass Display: Bump Of Direction (3 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2)

Powers Cost: 103

Total Character Cost: 184

Pts. Disadvantage

20 Distinctive Features: Bug-Shaped Flying Craft (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Hunted: Aerospace Research Firm 8- (Less Pow; NCI; Capture)

25 Hunted: ? 11- (Mo Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)

5 Hunted: Law Enforcement 11- (Less Pow; NCI; Watching)

10 Reputation: Unarmed Craft Owned By A Hero, 11-

5 Dependent NPC: Gerard Crothers 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Electrical (Common)

10 Physical Limitation: Requires occasional recharging (Infrequently; Greatly Impairing)

Disadvantage Points: 105

Base Points: 150

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

CRICKET SLEDS

These are personal VTOL flying/submersibles that our group uses...built, of course, by Gold Bug. When underwater, the pilot can use retractable SCUBA breathing gear that is housed in the steering console.

(This is a manip, but very little of the original drawing is left...mainly just the seat. Can you identify it?)

CricketSled.jpg

Val Char Cost

20 STR 5

23 DEX 39

10 BODY -1

5 SPD 17

0" RUN -12

0" SWIM -2

0" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 45

Cost Power

Chassis

12 1) Aluminum Chassis: +6 DEF (18 Active Points); Limited Coverage Nearly 360 Degrees (Coverage does not protect occupants; -1/2)

Propulsion Systems

23 1) Internally Contained VTOL Turbines: (Total: 47 Active Cost, 23 Real Cost) Flight 5", 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 1 Day (-0), Usable as Swimming (+1/4); Extra Time (Extra Phase, -3/4), Needs atmospheric medium (-1/4) (Real Cost: 6) plus Flight 15", x4 Noncombat, 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 1 Day (-0); Extra Time (Extra Phase, -3/4), Needs atmospheric medium (-1/4) (Real Cost: 17)

Communications/Sensory Systems
, all slots OAF Bulky (-1 1/2)

3 1) GPS Tracker: Detect Exact Location on Earth A Single Thing 16- (Radio Group); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Normal Sight (-1/2)

1 2) Compass Display: Bump Of Direction (3 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2)

Auxiliary Systems

3 1) Rebreather System: Life Support (Self-Contained Breathing) (10 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Nonpersistent (-1/4)

Powers Cost: 42

Total Character Cost: 87

Pts. Disadvantage

20 Distinctive Features: Hi-Tech Flying Craft (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Hunted: Aerospace Research Firm 8- (Less Pow; NCI; Capture)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Electrical (Common)

Disadvantage Points: 50

Base Points: 37

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

I have both 6th ed rulebooks on pdf, but I have not yet completed conversion of my characters and vehicles, so I posted the 5th ed write-ups of the vehicles with the pics.

When I finish conversions, I'll edit my previous posts and update the write-ups.

Enjoy!

Oh yeah...the counters for this campaign so far.

We use our counters at 1/2 inch per meter. If you like your counters at that scale, print the file at 7.5 X 9.0 inches. Scale up otherwise.

countersedsgame.jpg

I have both 6th ed rulebooks on pdf, but I have not yet completed conversion of my characters and vehicles, so I posted the 5th ed write-ups of the vehicles with the pics.

When I finish conversions, I'll edit my previous posts and update the write-ups.

Enjoy!

Why edit your posts?

Just post the 6e versions so we can see both.

These are all great pics, etherio. You obviouisly have a great imagination and a great talent for getting it down on paper. The Scarab reminds me of Nightowl's ship from the Watchmen (Archie?)

PS: Congrats on getting married. Your lucky woman is very beautiful.

These are all great pics, etherio. You obviouisly have a great imagination and a great talent for getting it down on paper. The Scarab reminds me of Nightowl's ship from the Watchmen (Archie?)

PS: Congrats on getting married. Your lucky woman is very beautiful.

Thanks, Duster. Yes, the ship was inspired by the Nite Owl's ship. Dave Gibbon's design work in the graphic novels was good stuff.

New images and writeups of PCs for our present campaign coming a lil later in the day, but for now...

Halloween! We're like kids.

Me and the wife...

P1010256.jpg

Heya Etherio ... this looks cool, but do you have it at the full size?

Oh yeah...the counters for this campaign so far.

We use our counters at 1/2 inch per meter. If you like your counters at that scale, print the file at 7.5 X 9.0 inches. Scale up otherwise.

countersedsgame.jpg

Heya Etherio ... this looks cool' date=' but do you have it at the full size?[/quote']

Thanks, Sketchpad...I'd love to help, but I'm not sure what it is you're looking for. You should print the file at 7.5" by 9". If you're having trouble doing that, let me know what graphics programs you have, and maybe i can help you figure it out.

Me and Mancer...

I was surprised at how many people (especially Japanese tourists) recognized the Red Skull.

P1010285.jpg

Good stuff (and appropriate beverage choice), but the folks behind you in the ghost costumes are especially impressive!

Good stuff (and appropriate beverage choice)' date=' but the folks behind you in the ghost costumes are especially impressive![/quote']

heh. I got some comments to that effect on facebook, as well. You should've seen the folks over Mancer's left shoulder, though. That dude had his woman's skirt aaaaaall the way up, and she wasn't complaining a bit. Ah, Halloween in Waikiki...

Thanks' date=' Sketchpad...I'd love to help, but I'm not sure what it is you're looking for. You should print the file at 7.5" by 9". If you're having trouble doing that, let me know what graphics programs you have, and maybe i can help you figure it out.[/quote']

I was referring to how someone can view it here ... it zooms a bit larger than the posted size, but seems kind of pixelated ...

I was referring to how someone can view it here ... it zooms a bit larger than the posted size' date=' but seems kind of pixelated ...[/quote']

I see it now. browser is resetting the image at about 72 dpi, whereas the original is at 300 dpi. I will reduce it to compromise size and attach the file to the post. Go check it out.

Edit: Does anyone have a good export format for the HERO boards? The plain text formats don't work well, because they rely on tab strokes that don't translate to the board format.

I don't have a good export format for the boards, so for now, I'll post descriptions and pics and attach the hdc files.

In order to view and export our characters properly, you'll need our extension templates and export formats. They're attached to this post. Remember to check the pathnames on the first line of text in the extension templates and make sure that they match the locations where you save your templates.

Jacob Cross

VAL CHA Cost Roll Notes

30 STR 5 15- HTH Damage 6d6 END [2]

28 DEX 10 15-

20 CON 5 13-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

13 EGO 3 12-

26 PRE 5 14- PRE Attack: 5d6

9 OCV 20

9 DCV 20

3 OMCV 0

3 DMCV 0

5 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

22 PD 4 22 PD (0 rPD)

22 ED 2 22 ED (0 rED)

11 REC 0

44 END 0

10 BODY 0

40 STUN 3

Movement Cost Meters Notes

RUNNING 0 12m/24m END [1]

SWIMMING 0 4m/8m END [1]

LEAPING 1 32m 32m forward, 16m upward

FLIGHT 36m/72m

Characteristics Total: 101

Powers:

TAURUS STONE
, all slots OIF Unbreakable (Sapphire; -1/2), Unified Power (Taurus Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

4 1) Tauran Vigor: Regeneration (1 BODY per Hour); OIF Unbreakable (Sapphire; -1/2), Unified Power (Taurus Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=0

7 2) +15 STR; OIF Unbreakable (Sapphire; -1/2), Unified Power (Taurus Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=1

2 3) Tauran Stamina I: +5 CON; OIF Unbreakable (Sapphire; -1/2), Unified Power (Taurus Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

2 4) Tauran Stamina II: +24 END; OIF Unbreakable (Sapphire; -1/2), Unified Power (Taurus Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

3 5) Tauran Resilience I: +14 STUN; OIF Unbreakable (Sapphire; -1/2), Unified Power (Taurus Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

3 6) Tauran Resilience II: +7 REC; OIF Unbreakable (Sapphire; -1/2), Unified Power (Taurus Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

5 7) Tauran Fortitude I: +11 PD; OIF Unbreakable (Sapphire; -1/2), Unified Power (Taurus Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

5 8) Tauran Fortitude II: +11 ED; OIF Unbreakable (Sapphire; -1/2), Unified Power (Taurus Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

- END=

LEO STONE
, all slots OIF Unbreakable (Peridot; -1/2), Unified Power (Leo Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

13 1) Leonine Grace I: +13 DEX; OIF Unbreakable (Peridot; -1/2), Unified Power (Leo Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

6 2) Leonine Preternatural Leaping: Leaping +26m (32m forward, 16m upward); OIF Unbreakable (Peridot; -1/2), Unified Power (Leo Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=1

3 3) Leonine Preternatural Climbing: Clinging (normal STR); Costs Endurance (-1/2), OIF Unbreakable (Peridot; -1/2), Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4), 'Climbable' surfaces only (-1/4), Requires superhuman STR and DEX (-1/4), Unified Power (Leo Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=1

5 4) Leonine Grace II: +2 DCV; OIF Unbreakable (Peridot; -1/2), Unified Power (Leo Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

5 5) Leonine Presence: +11 PRE; OIF Unbreakable (Peridot; -1/2), Unified Power (Leo Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

2 6) Leonine Resilience I: +5 PD; OIF Unbreakable (Peridot; -1/2), Unified Power (Leo Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

3 7) Leonine Resilience II: +7 ED; OIF Unbreakable (Peridot; -1/2), Unified Power (Leo Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

4 8) Leonine Ferocity: +1 with HTH Combat; OIF Unbreakable (Peridot; -1/2), Unified Power (Leo Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

2 9) Leonine Eyes: Nightvision; OIF Unbreakable (Peridot; -1/2), Unified Power (Leo Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=0

1 10) Leonine Agility: Acrobatics: [+1 OCV PER 3 ON SKILL ROLL; AVOID TRIPS AND SHOVES AT -1 PER 1 ON ATTACK ROLL; AVOID THROWS (NOT DMG) AT -3; AVOID SOME ENV PENS] (Custom Adder) 15-; OIF Unbreakable (Peridot; -1/2), Unified Power (Leo Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

- END=

LIBRA STONE
, all slots OIF Unbreakable (Opal; -1/2), Unified Power (Libra Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

4 1) Libran True Sight: Detect Astrological Aura A Single Thing 14- (Sight Group), Discriminatory; OIF Unbreakable (Opal; -1/2), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Mystical (-1/4), Unified Power (Libra Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=0

15 2) Libran Intuition: Danger Sense: [HALF PHASE; FULL DCV AND MAY ABORT WITH A ROLL; WITH HALF ROLL KNOWS ATTACK AND MAY ATTACK SOURCE] (self only, any danger, Function as a Sense); OIF Unbreakable (Opal; -1/2), Unified Power (Libra Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) 15- - END=

9 3) Libran Death Visions: Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight And Smell/Taste Groups, Normal Touch And Normal Hearing), +3 to PER Roll; Extra Time (1 Minute, -1 1/2), Retrocognition Only (-1), Blackout other senses (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Only Through The Senses Of Others (-1/2), Time Modifiers (-1/2), Only to see last moments of a corpse's life (-1/2), OIF Unbreakable (Opal; -1/2), Unified Power (Libra Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=6

7 4) Libran Augury: +2 with all Non-Combat Skills; Only in situations where augury would be helpful (-1/2), OIF Unbreakable (Opal; -1/2), Must have had access to contemplate the night sky (-1/4), Unified Power (Libra Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

5 5) Libran Dharma Manipulation: Luck 3d6, Usable By Other (+1/4), Recipient must be within Limited Range of the Grantor for power to be granted, Grantor pays the END whenever the power is used; Side Effects (-1), Costs Endurance (-1/2), OIF Unbreakable (Opal; -1/2), Requires A Roll (14- roll; -1/4), Unified Power (Libra Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) [Notes: This Luck power uses an optional variant described in the Powers section of the 5th edition rulebook. When Avatar uses a re-roll, he attempts the Activation Roll. A failure means the re-roll does not take place, and the GM rolls ALL 3 Unluck dice as a side effect, consulting the 'Unluck' Disadvantage for effects in the event that one or more 1s are rolled. Avatar can "bless" another character, granting one or more dice of Luck to them. He pays all END and Side Effect penalties when he does so.] - END=2

3 6) Libran Karmic Transfer: Healing BODY 3d6, Can Heal Limbs; Increased Endurance Cost (x6 END; -2 1/2), 1 Charge (-2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-1), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Others only (-1/2), OIF Unbreakable (Opal; -1/2), Cannot heal damage rec'd while behaving immorally (-1/4), Unified Power (Libra Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) [Notes: Avatar takes damage equal to 1/2 of the BODY healed] - END=18

7 7) Libran Karmic Mirror: Entangle 1d6, 3 PD/1 ED, Alternate Combat Value (uses OCV against DMCV; +1/4), Works Against EGO, Not STR (+1/4), Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks, STR only to break out (+1); 3 Charges (-1 1/4), Entangle Has 1 BODY (-1/2), Mental Defense Adds To EGO (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), OIF Unbreakable (Opal; -1/2), Target may use DCV or MDCV to avoid attack (-1/4), Unified Power (Libra Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=[3]

- END=

SAGITTARIUS STONE
, all slots OIF Unbreakable (Topaz; -1/2), Unified Power (Sagittarius Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

2 1) Hunter's Pursuit: Tracking with Detect Astrological Aura A Single Thing; OIF Unbreakable (Topaz; -1/2), Unified Power (Sagittarius Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=0

7 2) Hunter's Stealth: Invisibility to Hearing Group , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OIF Unbreakable (Topaz; -1/2), Only to simulate Stealth (-1/4), Unified Power (Sagittarius Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=0

3 3) Hunter's Fortitude: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) (6 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (Topaz; -1/2), Unified Power (Sagittarius Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=0

4 4) Hunter's Weaponmastery: Hunter's Weaponmastery: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Flails, Nets, Staffs, Whips ; OIF Unbreakable (Topaz; -1/2), Unified Power (Sagittarius Stone Powers; -1/4), Mystical Zodiac Source (-1/4) - END=

5 5) Hunter's Accuracy: +2 OCV; OIF Unbreakable (Topaz; -1/2), Unified Power (Sagittarius Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

5 6) Hunter's Reflexes: +1 SPD; OIF Unbreakable (Topaz; -1/2), Unified Power (Sagittarius Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

4 7) Hunter's Bowmanship: (Total: 9 Active Cost, 4 Real Cost) +2 with Bow; OIF Unbreakable (Topaz; -1/2), Unified Power (Sagittarius Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) (Real Cost: 2) plus Penalty Skill Levels: +5 vs. range penalties with bows with to offset a specific negative OCV modifier with any single attack; OIF Unbreakable (Topaz; -1/2), Unified Power (Sagittarius Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) (Real Cost: 2) - END=0

1 8) Hunter's Weapon-Crafting: Weaponsmith (Muscle-Powered HTH, Muscle-Powered Ranged) 12-; OIF Unbreakable (Topaz; -1/2), Unified Power (Sagittarius Stone Powers; -1/4), Special Effect Limitations (Mystical Zodiac Source; -1/4) - END=

- END=

SAGITTARIAN ARMS
: Multipower, 84-point reserve, Slots only changeable at base (-1), Only archaic- or unpowered-type arms (-1/2); all slots OAF (-1), Requires WF (-1/4) [Notes: Avatar can carry two weapons at a time. They are collapsible and are sheathed on his back. The Bow slots count as one weapon, but Avatar must choose how many sharp or blunt arrows he takes on a mission (total of 8).] - END=

1f 1) Staff: (Total: 38 Active Cost, 15 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 9) plus Autofire (3 shots; +1/4); OAF (-1), Requires WF (-1/4) for up to 20 Active Points of Hand to Hand Attack, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1); Requires 2 hands (-1/2) (Real Cost: 7) plus Stretching 2m, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF (-1), Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1) - END=1

2f 2) Mace: (Total: 38 Active Cost, 16 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus Stretching 1m, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF (-1), Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1) - END=0

1f 3) Flail: (Total: 38 Active Cost, 14 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6; OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 9) plus +2 OCV; Only to counteract DCV bonuses from shields, etc and to defeat Block maneuvers (-1), OAF (-1), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) plus Stretching 2m, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF (-1), Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1) - END=2

1f 4) Bow- sharp arrows: Killing Attack - Ranged 2 1/2d6, 8 Recoverable Charges (-0) (40 Active Points); OAF (-1), 2-handed (-1/2), Beam (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) - END=[8 rc]

1f 5) Bow- blunt weighted arrows: Blast 8d6, 8 Recoverable Charges (-0) (40 Active Points); OAF (-1), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Beam (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) - END=[8 rc]

2f 6) Spear: (Total: 39 Active Cost, 16 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2d6+1 w/STR), Range Based On STR (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4); OAF (-1), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 10) plus Stretching 2m, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF (-1), Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1) plus +2 OCV; OAF (-1), Not usable with other Arms (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 4) - END=1

2f 7) Broadsword: (Total: 38 Active Cost, 17 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 1/2d6 (3d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/4); OAF (-1), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 15) plus Stretching 1m, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF (-1), Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1) - END=1

2f 8) Battle Axe: (Total: 45 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6+1 (3 1/2d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/4); OAF (-1), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 18) plus Stretching 1m, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF (-1), Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1) - END=4

1f 9) Whip: (Total: 40 Active Cost, 13 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/4), Needs room to swing (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus Stretching 7m, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF (-1), Always Direct (-1/4), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), Only To Cause Damage or Grab (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) plus +1 OCV; Only for Disarm and Trip (-1), OAF (-1), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1) - END=1

1f 10) Knives: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2d6+1 w/STR), Range Based On STR (+1/4), Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1) (37 Active Points); OAF (-1), 8 total knives (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) - END=0

1f 11) Net: Entangle 1d6, 6 PD/3 ED, Takes No Damage From Attacks Limited Group (+1/4), Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4) (41 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (Recovers only if Net not destroyed; -1 1/2), OAF (-1), Range Based On Strength (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) - END=[1 rc]

1f 12) Shield: (Total: 40 Active Cost, 14 Real Cost) +2 DCV; OAF (-1), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 4) plus +2 OCV; Only for Blocking (-1), OAF (-1), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) plus Deflection; OAF (-1), No Range (-1/2), Not vs. Very Fast Attacks (-1/4), Requires WF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 6) - END=2

- END=

PARAWING KEVLAR CLOAK
, all slots OIF (-1/2), Lockout (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2) - END=

7 1) Memory-Form Airfoil Shape: Flight 36m; Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (Requires both hands; -1), Cannot hover- minimum 1/2 move (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Lockout (-1/2), Requires superhuman STR and DEX or operates as parachute only (-1/4), Needs to run or leap for takeoff (-1/4), Needs full wingspan (-1/4) - END=4

5 2) Energy-Distributive Kevlar Polymer: Resistant (+1/2) for up to 23 Active Points of 13 PD/10 ED, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OIF (-1/2), Lockout (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Requires a free hand (-1/4), Requires A Roll (14- roll; -1/4) - END=0

- END=

OTHER EQUIPMENT

4 1) Cowl Communications Device: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); Cannot receive or transmit sight images (-3/4), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Hearing (-1/2), IIF (-1/4), Real Technology (-1/4) - END=0

Powers Total: 210

Martial Arts:

Hand-to-Hand Commando Training

4 1) Jab/Snap Kick: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 8d6 Strike

5 2) Overhand Punch/Thrust Kick: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 10d6 Strike

3 3) Judo Hold: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 40 STR for holding on

5 4) Takeaway: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab Weapon, 40 STR to take weapon away

5 5) Scramble: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

1 6) Weapon Element: Empty Hand, In Flight

Martial Arts Total: 23

Skills:

3 PSE: Mercenary Soldier

1 1) CuK: Islamic 11-

2 2) Interrogation 14-

1 3) KS: Politics of World Conflict 11-

1 4) Language: Cantonese (fluent conversation)

1 5) Language: Russian (fluent conversation)

1 6) Language: Arabic (fluent conversation)

1 7) Language: Spanish (fluent conversation)

2 8) Paramedics 12-

1 9) PS: Mercenary 11-

2 10) Stealth 15-

3 11) Survival (Tropical, Desert) 12-

2 12) Tactics: [HINTS ABOUT OPPONENTS' NEXT MOVE, ETC. WITH ROLL] 12- (3 Active Points)

3 13) WF: Small Arms, Blades, Bows

0 Acting 8-

3 Breakfall: [sTAND 0 PHASE WITH ROLL; AVOID SHOVE AT -1 PER 1 ON ATTACK ROLL; HALF DMG FROM THROWS AT -1 PER 2D6; HALF DMG FROM FALL AT -1 PER 4M; AVOID DMG AND PRONE FROM KB AT -1 PER 4M] 15-

3 Combat Driving: [FULL VEHICLE DCV WITH ROLL] 15-

3 Concealment 12-

0 Conversation 8-

3 Deduction 12-

2 KS: NYC Underworld 11-

0 CK: NYC 11-

0 Language: English (idiomatic)

3 Lockpicking 15-

0 Persuasion 8-

0 PS: US Army Special Forces 11-

0 Shadowing 8-

3 Streetwise 14-

3 Systems Operation 12-

3 Teamwork 12-

3 TF: APHID-Lift Vehicles, Parachuting, Basic, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

10 +1 with All Attacks

3 Fast Draw: Sagittarian Arms [DRAW WPN 0 PHASE; CHANGE CLIP HALF PHASE WITH ROLL; GO 1ST IN HELD ACTIONS CONTEST WITH ROLL] 15-

Skills Total: 66

Perks:

3 Positive Reputation: Violent Vigilante (A medium-sized group) 11-, +3/+3d6

2 Contact: SSG Max Ahrens 11-

Perks Total: 5

Complications:

0 Distinctive Features: Magical Aura When in Possession of Zodiac Stones (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Uncommonly-Used Senses)

15 Social Complication: Secret Identity Frequently, Major

10 Psychological Complication: Struggles to Repair His Karma (Common; Moderate)

15 Psychological Complication: Vengeful (Common; Strong)

10 Psychological Complication: Violent (Common; Moderate)

5 Psychological Complication: Contempt for Cowards (Uncommon; Moderate)

10 Negative Reputation: Violent Vigilante, Frequently

10 Hunted: Seekers of the Zodiac Stones Infrequently (As Pow; Harshly Punish)

0 Hunted: US Govt Law Enforcement Frequently (As Pow; NCI; Watching)

Complications Points: 75

Base Points: 400

Experience: 9

Experience Unspent: 4

Total Character Cost: 405

Other Info:

Identity: Secret; known to New Outsiders and Project Prometheus

Other Aliases: None

Legal Status: US Citizen, formerly wanted by the US govt, but with no criminal convictions

Place of Birth: New York, NY

Group Affiliations: Founding member of the New Outsiders, former member of US Army Special Forces

Known Relatives: Ronald Cross (father), Marilyn Cross (mother)

Height: 6' 0"

Weight: 185 lbs

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown

BACKGROUND

Jacob Cross was a mercenary by trade: a career soldier who cared only for the bottom line. That all changed when he signed on to an operation to retrieve four priceless gems from an elderly mystic living in a remote region of India.

Cross and his team, acting on information provided by their unknown employer, eventually located their target. The man at first refused to reveal the location of the gems, but after several hours of interrogation, the mystic led Cross to the stones' location and personally handed them to the mercenary. At the moment the gems changed hands, he whispered to Cross, "Here, lost one, these stones and I no longer need one another. Your journey will now begin."

As he took possession of the first stone, a large opal,Cross became literally and clearly aware of the weight of his past evils on his soul. He knew then that whatever it was...karma, sin, or the scorn of the gods, he was at that moment already damned. He learned from the aged yogi that the gems were part of a set of twelve mystical icons representing the domains of the zodiac, and that the opal, the Libra Stone, had given him the ability to sense his own moral balance.

Cross then began a quest to redeem himself by serving the greater good. He has dedicated himself to protecting the innocent and acting as an agent for justice. What started as a selfish attempt to save his own soul is slowly transforming his outlook and personal morality. Although he still struggles with his violent, vengeful nature, he can sense each true good deed cleansing the taint on his spirit and easing him closer to salvation.

PERSONALITY

Avatar is a headstrong, fearless individual. He has a vengeful nature and is quick to use violence as a solution. His fear of damnation and his guilt for his past misdeeds drive him to uncompromisingly deliver harsh punishment to the guilty and to seek vengeance for their victims. The influence of the Libra Stone, however, and his exposure to more selfless individuals is slowly tempering his behavior.

POWERS

Avatar has no innate superhuman abilities. All of his powers are derived from the magical Zodiac Stones that he carries. Due to his career as a soldier and mercenary special operative before becoming Avatar, however, Jacob Cross has a variety of skills and abilities that are useful to him as a crimefighter. His relevant skills include competency with a wide variety of firearms, the ability to survive in unforgiving environments due to his special training, deadly skill in close combat, and fluency in several different languages, among other talents.

EQUIPMENT

Avatar wears on his belt four of the powerful 'Zodiac Stones': ancient, indestructible gems that bestow supernatural abilities on those who possess them. Each bearer of a particular stone will gain different abilities, depending on his or her astrological auspex and personality. The four Zodiac Stones in Avatar's possession have given him a variety of supernatural powers.

The Taurus Stone, a sapphire, provides Avatar with superhuman strength, stamina, and resilience. He can lift and carry nearly two tons and can withstand impacts and injury that would cripple a normal man. Additionally, the stone provides him with an accelerated healing rate, such that he can recover from near-mortal wounds in less than a day.

The Leo Stone, a peridot, provides him with preternatural grace and agility, along with enhancing his natural senses. With it, Avatar is superhumanly agile and acrobatic, able to scale nearly sheer surfaces with ease and leap incredible distances. The stone also enables him to see clearly in low-light conditions. Additionally, its leonine qualities make his visage more fearsome and steady his resolve.

The Libra Stone, an opal, attunes Avatar's senses to the balance of forces in the universe and to the astrological auras of those around him. With the opal, Avatar can detect the "auspex" of anyone he sees, sensing it accurately enough to identify an individual by his or her auspex alone. He is sensitive to the equilibrium of the energies in the world around him to the degree that he can mystically sense a threat to his person. With a conscious effort, Avatar can manipulate the balance of positive and negative forces in his soul and in the souls of others. Avatar refers to those energies as "karma." With a touch, he can karmically manipulate others' auspex to paralyze his opponents with mystical visions of their sins, heal his allies' wounds by taking the negative energies into his own body, or view the last moments of the life of an unfortunate corpse. With a conscious effort, Avatar can even affect the flow of events around him by manipulating his own karmic balance, causing what appears to be improbable luck. It has been noted that Avatar's mystical senses and abilty to affect the karma of others has no effect on other Zodiac Stone bearers.

The Sagittarius Stone, a topaz, provides Avatar with the skills of a hunter elevated to a superhuman degree. He can follow a mystical trail of lingering auspex energy left by an individual whom he has met before. That tracking sense, combined with the ability to move absolutely silently, increased accuracy, and the fortitude to go for days without sleep or sustenance, combine to make him a lethal predator. The topaz also provides Avatar with an innate knowledge of the manufacture and use of classical and medieval weaponry. In his hands, a primitive weapon becomes supernaturally powerful. Avatar has an arsenal of archaic-style weaponry from which he selects to arm himself for missions.

Avatar also makes use of other equipment, provided to him by a military contact from his days doing government work. Most significant is his Parawing Cloak, designed for potential use by Neodrenaline-powered super-soldiers. The cloak's unique semi-batlike shape and design allows a superhumanly athletic user to take flight and to maintain altitude as if the cape were wings. Additionally, it is made of a highly efficient Kevlar composite that distributes and dissipates energies from what might otherwise be lethal attacks.