Longest Running Thread EVER

Really bad questions to ask out loud in a group (NB: these are not Truth-or-Dare questions, but these might be worse}:

Can you compost a human body?  And if you can, how many acres can you fertilize with one for a single season?
What's the LD50 for {not-exactly-legal substance of choice}?
What does cholera diarrhea look like again?
Hey, do you know if {disgusting sexual act} is legal in {local jurisdiction}?
In terms of monetary value of a theft ... what's the line between misdemeanor and felony?
Is roadkill possum kosher?
Are people still allowed to shoot both of those involved if they catch their spouse in bed with someone else?  What if there's four or five people in bed with their spouse?
How many kittens do you have to eat to fulfill your daily protein requirement?
Do you know what else goes in the recipe for jellied gasoline that has animal blood as an ingredient?  Besides gasoline, I mean.
What is the statute of limitations in this jurisdiction for child molestation?
If the Earth were flat, how thick would it be?
How much does it cost to heat the room if all you do is burn $1 bills in the fireplace?

On the same run at Kitt Peak when I missed observing SN 1987A the night it exploded because my instrument was on the fritz, there was a snowstorm, and I was in the wrong hemisphere, the snow persisted on the mountaintop for a couple of days.  There was one scrub jay that had found an air leak under the door into the astronomers' dorm.  He startled me once by flying away suddenly as I went into the dorm after a meal, but later I warched the spot carefully, and the jay was camping in that very specific spot where the warm air escaped at the bottom of the door.  When he heard someone inside get close to the door he flew to a tree some ten feet away, and returned as soon as the human had passed.  Obviously warm was at a premium.

23 hours ago, Pariah said:

My five year old son is completely obsessed with the planets right now, so I'm taking an opportunity to introduce his sister and him to the music of Gustav Holst.

Symphonic version, or something more contemporary?  Like Tomita's electronic version?

On 2/5/2019 at 11:51 AM, Cancer said:

I have it on very good authority that Tomita's version of Mars inspired the creation of the invading technohorror realm in the TORG RPG.

...while the original is generally acknowledged as the inspiration for John Williams's "Imperial March" in The Empire Strikes Back.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Toxxus said:

This insane thread spans two decades already. 

Another six months will make it three decades.

Someone should find the OP and see if they're still around to admire it.

Im sure Josh is still around, eg on Twitter.