Longest Running Thread EVER

Dunno.  I don't know chemistry as a field or as a scientific community; I don't know most Canadian universities (never heard of Brock, e.g.); I don't know the publication in which the article is carried; and the tenor to the article rubs me the wrong way, in the same sort of manner as some archconservative rags that maintain a veneer of mainstream-seeming decorum despite their having not only drunk the Kool-Aid but are actively looking to make it the only legal beverage.  I can certainly agree that Twitter is a demagogue's wet dream, designed to draw irrational responses and utterly incapable of transmitting a coolly reasoned argument. But the rest of it seems built on too many suppositions and has lots of seeming triggers for a particular audience.

Having read this article and a couple ef others of similar tone, I'd be interested in reading the Hudlický paper to see if it really says what the articles are saying it says, or if there's cherry-picking at work. I'm always a little skeptical of second-hand information.

In TORG, the interaction skills usable in combat are Intimidate, Taunt, and Trick; Manuver is also included in that set.  Persuasion is a skill in that game, but it doesn't have a combat mechanic associated with it.

Tonight I read a short book (~35 pages) titled "It's Not About You" by Tom Rath. It gave me some things to ponder. I'll probably read it again in a few days.

And because I need some escapist reading as well, I think I'll start Shannon Hale's "Princess Academy" tomorrow. We've had the book for a year and a half, but neither of us has read it yet. I guess I get to be first.