Longest Running Thread EVER

2 hours ago, Cancer said:

No I need these.  After the false unemployment claim last spring I locked down our credit.  We're starting to look at a house to retire to, and that sort of thing needs a lender, so I have to undo some locks.  Which I could not do easily without those two pages of notes made at the time.

Now’s a good time, rates are apocalyptically low. My ‘12 refi got me down to 3.25% and I’m looking into doing it again at 2.625%. 

After what the banks did to everyone in general with the housing bubble of 97 to '08, I don't think even an Auschwitz-class elimination program would be enough for me to think of banks and bankers as "poor" and undeserving of further penalties and regulations.

• 2 weeks later...

If you go back and read The Devil and Daniel Webster ... something I had to read back in middle school, I think ... usurers were second only to slavers in terms of being the Devil's people. 

Which I think is arguably true, and makes a clear indication about what you're worshipping when you're into standard success theology.

“Interest never sleeps nor sickens nor dies; it never goes to the hospital; it works on Sundays and holidays; it never takes a vacation. … Once in debt, interest is your companion every minute of the day and night; you cannot shun it or slip away from it; you cannot dismiss it; it yields neither to entreaties, demands, or orders; and whenever you get in its way or cross its course or fail to meet its demands, it crushes you.”

~ J. Reuben Clark