Longest Running Thread EVER

:think:  Somehow I think Australian scientists would be more into cloning beer atoms than splitting them.  I mean, they must still be smarting that it was Scots who first cloned a sheep.  If they could do the same with beer, then that's something they would admire.

• 2 weeks later...

To show that I do contribute to this thread, thoughts on the Youtube algorithm.

I have noted that several things that have come up on my feed have then been posted in the Thread for Random Videos by others. I was curious if the reverse is true. Currently clips from a Turkish show, well two, called Magnificent Century about Ottoman rule have come up in my feed. They deal with Sulieman the Great and Sultan Mura IV. And they deal with family problems in the same way as the mafia i.e. people get killed who are family. In Sulieman's case his brothers-in-law who are killed by the sultan's order. So has anyone else had Magnificent Century pop up in their feed ?

On 9/22/2021 at 9:19 AM, death tribble said:

So has anyone else had Magnificent Century pop up in their feed ?

No, but for some reason I am seeing all kinds of Bollywood related videos.   I have an almost visceral hatred of musicals as a whole, why would I want to see Indian musicals. 

It is not a movie. Although I do see extracts of movies. Clips etc.

The Magnificent Century show is mainly clips and it was on Turkish TV from 2011-2014 and the sequel Magnificent Century Kosem was 2015 to 2017. Although full episodes (on the order of 2 hours in length are being trawled, mainly it is up to 10 minute clips from episodes.

• 4 weeks later...

So next weekend is Halloween and the Horror Channel is showing Universal's Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolfman, The Invisible Man,Yje mummy, Hand of the Mummy  Bride of Frankenstein and Frankenstein vs the Wolfman, Also showing are Creature from the Black Lagoon and Revenge of the Creature. Later on is John Carpenter's The Thing and The Burning. Halloween is also showing on another channel.

What is being screened in your neck of the woods ?

Damn if I know, and I don't care, since I go to very few movies. 

I am contributing to the Halloween spirit by giving a midterm exam in one class on Oct 28, and another midterm in the other class on Nov 3.  The average of those dates is just about right.

On the plus side, the renovations in the old building are complete and the fire marshal has approved it for occupancy, so stuff starts being moved in next week.  I think no one in the department is planning on moving out of the 5th floor pup tents (temporary office space) and into the "permanent" ones until after Thanksgiving, but I was all but convinced we wouldn't be let in until January AND would have to be out of the temp space BEFORE January.  That situation was what happened to us last June, when most folks in the department lugged most of their stuff home.  Of course, we haven't seen the new renovated space yet, either.

• 2 weeks later...