Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I agree! It has been a really great game so far. I am truly inthralled, and eagerly awaiting every post.

Everyone that is playing are excellent roleplayers, and Alice, you are quite exceptional. I think you have really created an outstanding image of your character in my minds eye. I just want to say kudos to everyone involved.

Awww. :o

Thanks.

And I am having a lot of fun. I don't play a lot of characters without the ever-inhibiting CvK. ^ v ^

Not that that's what defines the character. But there's at least one thing I wouldn't have done, had she had a CvK. I don't think you need to dig far to figure out which action I'm talking about.

I suspect she'll be a little less interesting when she's not running on pure fury.

Guest Skaramine

Wow... Alice, that was cold.

Then again... it's not like we have enough supplies to help him AND Kern... so you did do him a favor.

:yes:

We've actually worked it out quite detailed for me. 5/8 German, 1/4 English, 1/8 Scot-Irish.

Don't lose my temper easily, but watch ouot when I do.

Well, it's very difficult for me to get an exact mix. I don't have contact with my father's side of the family, but just got a brief rundown of heritage from his side. (That's where more German + the GB stuff comes from)

On my mom's side, it's incredibly hard to get much at all. Most of the family is in Germany now, but most of what I know came from my grandparents and letters written to them.

Beyond that it's hard to get knowledge from people who don't want to talk about their past. And now, most are dead.

Well, it's very difficult for me to get an exact mix. I don't have contact with my father's side of the family, but just got a brief rundown of heritage from his side. (That's where more German + the GB stuff comes from)

On my mom's side, it's incredibly hard to get much at all. Most of the family is in Germany now, but most of what I know came from my grandparents and letters written to them.

Beyond that it's hard to get knowledge from people who don't want to talk about their past. And now, most are dead.

My mother is a geneologist, and our family lines are (naturally) her pet project. There are a couple of places where she's managed to trace our roots back to dates with 3 digits in the year instead of 4. :D

Wow... Alice, that was cold.

Then again... it's not like we have enough supplies to help him AND Kern... so you did do him a favor.

:yes:

Hey, she's pragmatic. "I need to interrogate this guy over here, and this one's dying, anyway. What'll scare my interrogation victim more than anything? Oh! Mortality!" *STAB!*

I'd also imagine she's dealt with human death a few times before. Based on my as-yet-solidified character background, anyway.

Well, my mom is big into geneology. She has traced most lines back to their crosssing to the US. (The Statler line came to America before the Revolution.) And we have a very good idea where in Europe they came from.

And combine that with an Aunt who has gone even deeper in depth on the family and you have this: The Statler Family Homepage

German/Welsh/irish/Scottish/Dutch/Norse/Polish for me. We're not sure of the exact heritage since it seems my family tended to move a lot. I think we did a lot of invading and retreating.

Chuckle...

Scottish/Irish/Welsh/Cornish/English/Dutch/Amerind for me. I my ancestors managed to get kicked out of everywhere else but here... :D

Well, my mom is big into geneology. She has traced most lines back to their crosssing to the US. (The Statler line came to America before the Revolution.) And we have a very good idea where in Europe they came from.

And combine that with an Aunt who has gone even deeper in depth on the family and you have this: The Statler Family Homepage

My great-great aunt made me a genealogy book of my line on my father's side. She traced it all the way back to Charlemagne (3 lines), and a little bit before then.

That's dedication. Took her most of my life.

It was my "reward" for being named after her sister.

My dad's wife is a geneology nut. I know she traced his family back to the 1400's at least. An interesting footnote: No male in my direct line has ever been married only once. Every male in my direct line that has been married has had at LEAST 2 wives, as far back as the 1400's.