Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Wow. Your game stuff is cooler than my game stuff. :)

Once everything is moved and I have display space again, I'm going to have to take everything out. Fix the odds and ends I noticed while packing, hopefully I won't have to repaint anything since it's 10+ year old stuff and those paints will be hard to find. Most cases I just have to dust.

And ol #2811 was Sam's, though all the minis on the attack were painted by me. I took a few photos before I packed them, but the camera was having a focus issue. I know I've taken close ups before and had them turn out good. Thought the camera may of survived it's dunking, but it may have a few other issues going on. Here's a group shot of the last bunch before going into the box. Need to think up a web comic idea using lead.

group_mini.jpg

One of my favorite's is the green dragon on the right. He turned out real well though I've noticed the paint has gotten darker with age.

And ol #2811 was Sam's, though all the minis on the attack were painted by me. I took a few photos before I packed them, but the camera was having a focus issue. I know I've taken close ups before and had them turn out good. Thought the camera may of survived it's dunking, but it may have a few other issues going on. Here's a group shot of the last bunch before going into the box. Need to think up a web comic idea using lead.

Make little cubicles out of cardboard and do an office comedy strip where a customer call center has been outsourced to the Forgotten Realms. The Evil Overlord noticed that he had all of these incompatible creatures living in small square rooms, waiting for death, and he decided that he might as well get some value out of them. Now, they answer tech support questions and make cold calls, and yearn for the day a small party of adventurers will finally set them free...

Make little cubicles out of cardboard and do an office comedy strip where a customer call center has been outsourced to the Forgotten Realms. The Evil Overlord noticed that he had all of these incompatible creatures living in small square rooms' date=' waiting for death, and he decided that he might as well get some value out of them. Now, they answer tech support questions and make cold calls, and yearn for the day a small party of adventurers will finally set them free...[/quote']

That is a great idea. Hmm. Easier to get props, or photo shop little headsets on them? Something to think of on the way to Kanab. :D

I've been told I'm so "far out" (and not in a 'good' way) that my mail has to be delivered by space shuttle.

:straight:

Ironically enough for the person who said this, I am a stamp / postal history collector, and I actually have a piece of mail that was delivered by space shuttle! :D

Deaf Schitzo

Did you hear about the Deaf Schitzo who had conversations with himself?

He wasn't quite sure if he would be home so he set up an answering machine service for the 'voices', so they could leave a message. It went something like this:

'Please leave a message after the beep, and when I can hear what your message is, I'll get back to you...'

This led to:

'Hello you have dialled Fred, all our lines are busy at the moment. God if that is you, or if you are a friend of his, or just plain holy, press '1' now. If you are a friend or a foe press '2'. Satan if that is you, press '666'. If you are an employee of Satan, I cannot take your call at the moment as I don't have the required extension, I suggest you take the matter up with your union. And if you are that little old lady telepath down the street in No. 4, NO I DON'T HAVE ANY MILK, COOKIES OR CONDOMS!

Side brief: well it cracked me up as I was thinking about the concept, playing with it and I came up with what is above. Hope you got a laugh out of it. I still think it a stupid idea (ie good) of a deaf schitzo having a answering machine service for his voices. And if that wasn't bad enough, he had one of those damned automated telephone systems in there as well.

;)

and welcome back. We have a new goal approx 330 posts to go.

You know you need a new lawyer WHEN....

During your initial consultation, he tries to sell you Amway.

He tells you his last good case was a "Budweiser"

When the prosecutors see who your lawyer is, they high-five each other.

He picks the jury by playing "Duck-duck-goose"

During the trial, you catch him playing his Gameboy.

A prison guard is shaving your head..

Every couple of minutes, he yells "I call Jack Daniels to the stand!" and downs a shot.

He frequently gives juror number 4 the finger.

He places a large "NO REFUNDS" sign on the defense table.

He begins his closing with "As Ally McBeal once said..."

Just before he says "Your Honor", he makes little quotation marks in the air with his fingers.

The sign in front of his office reads "Practicing law since 2:30pm".

Whenever his objection is overruled, he tells the judge "Whatever."

He giggles every time he hears the word "briefs".

You're Getting "Marvelously Mature" When..

1. You and your teeth don't sleep together.

2. Your try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

3. At the breakfast table you hear snap, crackle, pop and you're not eating cereal.

4. Your back goes out but you stay home.

5. When you wake up looking like your driver's license picture.

6. It takes two tries to get up from the couch.

7. When your idea of a night out is sitting on the patio.

8. When happy hour is a nap.

9. When you're on vacation and your energy runs out before your money does..

10. When you say something to your kids that your mother said to you and you always hated it.

11. When all you want for your birthday is to not be reminded of your age.

12. When you step off a curb and look down one more time to make sure the street is still there.

13. Your idea of weight lifting is standing up.

14. It takes longer to rest than it did to get tired.

15. Your memory is shorter and your complaining lasts longer.

16. Your address book has mostly names that start with Dr.

17. You sit in a rocking chair and can't get it going.

18. The pharmacist has become your new best friend.

19. Getting "lucky" means you found your car in the parking lot.

20. The twinkle in your eye is merely a reflection from the sun on your bifocals.

21. It takes twice as long - to look half as good.

22. Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt - doesn't work.

23. You look for your glasses for half an hour and they were on your head the whole time.

24. You sink your teeth into a steak - and they stay there.

25. You give up all your bad habits and still don't feel good.

26. You have more patience, but it is actually that you just don't care anymore.

27. You finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.

28. You wonder how you could be over the hill when you don't even remember being on top of it.

Strange Facts About the Old Days

Did you know?

In George Washington's days, there were no cameras. One's image was either sculpted or painted. Some paintings of George Washington showed him standing behind a desk with one arm behind his back while others showed both legs and both arms. Prices charged by painters were not based on how many people were to be painted, but by how many limbs were to be painted. Arms and legs are "limbs," therefore painting them would cost the buyer more. Hence the expression. "Okay, but it'll cost you an arm and a leg."

As incredible as it sounds, men and women took baths only twice a year! (May and October) Women kept their hair covered, while men shaved their heads (because of lice and bugs) and wore wigs. Wealthy men could afford good wigs made from wool. The wigs couldn't be washed, so to clean them they could carve out a loaf of bread, put the wig in the shell, and bake it for 30 minutes. The heat would make the wig big and fluffy, hence the term "big wig." Today we often use the term "here comes the Big Wig" because someone appears to be or is powerful and wealthy.

In the late 1700s, many houses consisted of a large room with only one chair Commonly, a long wide board was folded down from the wall and used for dining. The "head of the household" always sat in the chair while everyone else ate sitting on the floor. Once in a while, a guest (who was almost always a man) would be invited to sit in this chair during a meal.

To sit in the chair meant you were important and in charge. Sitting in the chair, one was called the "chair man." Today in business we use the expression or title "Chairman or Chairman of the Board,"

Needless to say, personal hygiene left much room for improvement. As a result, many women and men had developed acne scars by adulthood. The women would spread bee's wax over their facial skin to smooth out their complexions. When they were speaking to each other, if a woman began to stare at another woman's face she was told "mind your own bee's wax." Should the woman smile, the wax would crack, hence the term "crack a smile." Also, when they sat too close to the fire, the wax would melt and therefore the expression "losing face."

Ladies wore corsets which would lace up in the front. A tightly tied lace was worn by a proper and dignified lady as in "straight laced."

Common entertainment included playing cards. However, there was a tax levied when purchasing playing cards but only applicable to the "ace of Spades." To avoid paying the tax, people would purchase 51 cards instead. Yet, since most games require 52 cards, these people were thought to be stupid or dumb because they weren't "playing with a full deck."

Early politicians required feedback from the public to determine what was considered important to the people. Since there were no telephones, TV's or radios, the politicians sent their assistants to local taverns, pubs, and bars who were told to "go sip some ale" and listen to people's conversations and political concerns. Many assistants were dispatched at different times. "You go sip here" and "You go sip there." The two words "go sip" were eventually combined when referring to the local opinion and, thus we have the term "gossip."

At local taverns, pubs, and bars, people drank from pint-and quart-sized containers. A bar maid's job was to keep an eye on the customers and keep the drinks coming. She had to pay close attention and remember who was drinking in "pints" and who was drinking in "quarts," hence the term "minding your 'P's and Q's,"

One more: bet you didn't know this!!!!

In the heyday of sailing ships, all war ships and many freighters carried iron cannons. Those cannons fired round iron cannon balls. It was necessary to keep a good supply near the cannon, but how to prevent them from rolling about the deck?

The best storage method devised was a square based pyramid with one ball on top, resting on four resting on nine, which rested on sixteen. Thus, a supply of 30 cannon balls could be stacked in a small area right next to the cannon. There was only one problem...how to prevent the bottom layer from sliding or rolling from under the others.

The solution was a metal plate called a "Monkey" with 16 round indentations. But, if this plate were made of iron, the iron balls would quickly rust to it. The solution to the rusting problem was to make "Brass Monkeys."

Few landlubbers realize that brass contracts much more and much faster than iron when chilled.

Consequently, when the temperature dropped too far, the brass indentations would shrink so much that the iron cannon balls would come right off the monkey.

Thus, it was quite literally, "Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey". (And all this time, you thought that was an improper expression, didn't you?)

You must send this fabulous bit of historic knowledge to at least ten unsuspecting friends. If you don't, your floppy is going to fall off your hard drive and kill your mouse.

If you can't write an origin story from this,

stop playing Champions...

:nonp:

Female mud dauber wasps are overtaking Hanford's H Reactor complex.

The wasps are using radioactive mud from the site to construct nests

beneath the eaves of buildings. Bechtel Hanford employees are attempting

to remove the wasps from the site, but as fast as nests are removed,

the wasps construct new ones. Detached nests are sent to the central

Hanford low-level radioactive waste burial grounds.

:help:

Bechtel workers are attempting to slow the proliferation of the wasps by

adding insecticide to standing water in the spent fuel pool

nd to any damp radioactive soil.

:stupid:

Just been doing a little "catch-up" on my rep-giving. Sadly, that 5-a-day limit has interferred once more. :(

There are several more of you due to get "hit" over the next 2 or 3 days. :thumbup:

(Oh, and Alice? My being gone may be part of the reason it looks like your incoming rep has "slowed to a crawl", since nearly every day or every couple of days you say something I find funny enough to rep, and I haven't been around to do that. I'll try to 'hit' you as soon as possible. ;) )

Just been doing a little "catch-up" on my rep-giving. Sadly, that 5-a-day limit has interferred once more. :(

There are several more of you due to get "hit" over the next 2 or 3 days. :thumbup:

(Oh, and Alice? My being gone may be part of the reason it looks like your incoming rep has "slowed to a crawl", since nearly every day or every couple of days you say something I find funny enough to rep, and I haven't been around to do that. I'll try to 'hit' you as soon as possible. ;) )

Dang, Doc. I must not be nearly as humorous as I think I am.

I've never been repped by the Anomaly.

Dang, Doc. I must not be nearly as humorous as I think I am.

I've never been repped by the Anomaly.

Matter of personal taste and all that, plus a limited supply of rep to go around. Though I do try and keep a "rep list" of things I see I want to rep when I'm already out of the day's alotment, sometimes I forget.

Nothing personal; I'm sure I'll hit you sooner or later. ;)

Oh, THAT's why!

;)

No worries, Doc. I don't live for rep, or anything. I just thought it was weird I was averaging one repping a week, when my usual average is . . . uh . . . more than that.

The long story short. My group of players are one of two groups of heroes from Easthaven. The other group, Tyler and Duncan travelled south. I want the players to have a sense of notion that they could go anywhere and do anything. I had one piece of detail I needed to mention before they left North. I figured if I was mentioned that piece, I might as well point out another piece, that Tyler and Duncan hadn't returned. But just making the statement sounded like I was harping on the fact and I didn't want to, so instead I decided to have it that people in town were starting to talk.

I never thought it would actually change anyones mind about going North, but it did. And the thing is, the group is going to be sorely disappointed if they do go South. Sorry to spoil my players, but Tyler and Duncan are fine. They, like the others have Reputation Hero and were tired of dealing with people in Easthaven. They just don't want to return yet.