Longest Running Thread EVER

Guest Skaramine

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Thanks. Still' date=' I'm not dead yet. I'll just be kinda quiet. :)[/quote']

Cool.

I need to work up the character sheet for Gass O'Jean.

Guest Skaramine

Is THAT why your character started to say something, then you left?

:think:

No. :(

I had to run to the store. Sorry.

Guest Skaramine

Store?

I didn't realize it was possible to net surf at a convenience store. Okay. No worries, then.

No, back now. But, I really must get some work done today.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to spoil you with my overabundance of character interaction.

But for me, that's the fun part of roleplaying. ^ v ^

Nah. I'm not spoiled and I don't consider your work an 'overabundance'. You might get a little hasty with your posting, but I wouldn't say it violates any rules or anything.

I'm refering to a FtF game, too. Which, IMO is worse!

Besides, it is roleplaying, not rollplaying. I prefer the former, over the latter. If I wanted wooden characters making their way through events, I'd write a book.

Nah. I'm not spoiled and I don't consider your work an 'overabundance'. You might get a little hasty with your posting, but I wouldn't say it violates any rules or anything.

Besides, it is roleplaying, not rollplaying. I prefer the former, over the latter. If I wanted wooden characters making their way through events, I'd write a book.

I'm sure you wouldn't be THAT bad a writer. You at least know how to make a REAL character who interacts in a logical and consistent way with his environment. That's a good start. ^ v ^

Guest Skaramine

I dunno, I've seen your poetry. You might make a pretty rockin' novelist. :D

Guest Skaramine

I haven't added to my latest novel in two weeks.

My latest paid novel.

So... hi ho, hi ho, it's off to write I.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

W00t!

I finally have a story and direction for my 4th Age game, set in Middle Earth.

Yeah!

Now, I just need to build some flunkies and the various settings.

Think I can be ready in... 6 hours?

Congrats! And I'm sure you could, hope it worked out.

Well, that's one major source of stress that at least looks like it can be solved. Talked to a bankruptcy attorney. This guy seemed nice and on the ball. After talking things over we're going with a Chapter 7.

We get to keep $33k of the house profit (only slightly less than what we're getting)

Our cars are well below the value ($1700/car)

And the rest of the stuff is also clear.

We need to wait until the house closes, otherwise it will screw up that deal. We did retain the lawyer so we can now say "Call our lawyer at such & such" though I'm thinking "Talk to my racoon" will work as well. If the racoon is in the humane trap again. He swears very well.

But this was very helpful in that we found out the collection agency was making false threats. ( They were going to call our parents. Would of been an interesting phone call to listen to if they got a hold of either Jenn's Stepmom or my father. )

So current timeline:

Dinner tonight (being taken out by friends)

Tomorrow

• Pickup up moving truck
  • get pickup truck oil changed
  • load moving truck
  • Put VW on trailer
  • pack other stuff
  • another dinner treat

Saturday similar, but also cleaning up the house a bit for the new owners, and going to the House of Dreams Bday party which we'll probably only stay at for a little bit

Somewhere in there, get the feral cat to the Vet to be tested for FIV & FeLV

Sunday we drive to Salt Lake City with a stop off in the Boise area to meet alywin13 for a late lunch, early dinner.

Arrive in Kanab Monday. Check into studio, possibly go over to storage area and shove everything in there.

Setup PO box and bank account stuff ASAP.

Not sure when internet connection will happen again, but I might be able to do quick jaunts via work.

Excellent to hear!

BTW, everybody please wish me a little luck. Last weekend I bumped (just bumped) a glass table here at the hotel and it smashed all apart, it was weird and dramatic. It must have been stressed or extremely fragile - and it was in a common area, so this inevitably (given how lightly I hit it) could have happened to anyone and I'm sure it would have sometime. Anyway, I told the hotel people immediately of course. Later they asked if I have personal insurance - apparently in Germany that's common (I verified with people who lived here - everyone carries it!), and so corporate/property insurance doesn't pay for damages, accidental or otherwise, caused by individuals! But the hotel was non-committal when I told them we do nothing like that in America and I don't have insurance, and i barely bumped it. BTW, yes, I was cold sober! They don't say anything until tonight when I'm leaving early tomorrow, telling me the manager (who of course doesn't work in evenings or early AM) said I must pay 800 EURO which is like $1200 or a bit less, depending. After a couple calls and such (I verified with AmEx that if I sign the bill because I have to leave and don't want the polizien holding me up that I can still dispute it), I talked to them again and they were insistent. Of course I'm only speaking to a clerical person who can't speak policy but it's clear they're using her as a buffer, so I tell her that I'm willing to pay half but more seems unfair to me. She seemed to agree and said that might be okay. But I probably won't hear until I check out ofr sure.

Wish me luck...

First session of my 4th Age, Fantasy Hero took place last night. It took longer to get started than I'd hoped. Both players needed at least an hour to finish their characters to a playable level. This put us behind in my timeline of what I wanted to happen.

Both players seemed rather reluctant to RP much, too. They barely spoke IC to each other when they met, along the road, or at the first stop at a roadside Inn. I had a small garrison there with off-duty soldiers approaching the soldier character, but no one spoke. Then, when the Innkeeper came to the table looking for gossip... Nothing.

It went like that most of the night until the actual trouble started. An ambush. Players haven't totally figured out yet, that it was a planned trap for them. They still think it was simply bandits. The combat went pretty one-sided. I've never GMed Fantasy Hero before and was't sure how to gauge the challenge level. My scripting had the PCs in a fighting retreat into the hills of Emyn Arnen, but they pretty much thrashed my poorly armed and armored bandits.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. The players seemed to enjoy the game and perhaps the fight helped bond the characters a bit. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get some dialogue and interaction with NPCs...

If there was a call for it, I might right up a prose rendition of the campaign. I have some stuff in the building of the setting up in the Fantasy Hero Forum, thread is called Fourth Age.

Write-ups are always nice. Sorry they're not much into the RP but that may change as tehy get into the game more. Good luck!

I'm going to reduce my activities on the boards for a while' date=' though I'll still stick my head in. I'm burned out on rules discussions and genre arguments, and I don't get much out of the political wrangling. I'll keep posting in the pictures, humor, fiction and character threads; I'm not burned out on humor, good stories, or cute girls.[/quote']

Take care, look forward to seeing you on the boards when/if you want to do more.

I'm starting to look around for a Dodge' date=' Chrysler or maybe even a Jeep around town here that's a decent running order. As much as my Aries has done a good job, I need to get out of the 80s badly![/quote']

*nods*

:yes:

And that's all I have to say about that...:P

I am sooooo gonna get yelled at for this...

So not gonna yell...I owe you rep though...it's so true...and I hate to admit it...:P no...wait...i don't hate to admit it...I'm proud to admit I have so many switches that need to be flipped or turned in order for me to be turned on...completely...^_^

So not gonna yell...I owe you rep though...it's so true...and I hate to admit it...:P no...wait...i don't hate to admit it...I'm proud to admit I have so many switches that need to be flipped or turned in order for me to be turned on...completely...^_^

I'd just open up the box and hotwire it. :yes: