Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Let us say, that the quality of our lives are based on a concrete point system. Now if there is no God, and you spend your life worshiping him, then at the end of your life you receive minus 10 life quality points, because you wasted your life worshiping him. Likewise if you spend your life not worshiping God, and he doesn't exist, you get bonus 10 quality points for living a full and free life. Now if God DOES exist going to heaven will get you infinite quality points and going to hell will get you infinite low quality points. Therefore it makes absolutely no sense to not believe in God. If not for your complete faith, then out of fear of the statistical risk of going to hell. Better safe then sorry. --Blaine Theriot (AKA Thinks Faith Is A Betting Pool Bastard).

/Incidentally, he's also Plagarizing Bastard. This is a long winder version of Pascal's Wager.

Let us say, that the quality of our lives are based on a concrete point system. Now if there is no God, and you spend your life worshiping him, then at the end of your life you receive minus 10 life quality points, because you wasted your life worshiping him. Likewise if you spend your life not worshiping God, and he doesn't exist, you get bonus 10 quality points for living a full and free life. Now if God DOES exist going to heaven will get you infinite quality points and going to hell will get you infinite low quality points. Therefore it makes absolutely no sense to not believe in God. If not for your complete faith, then out of fear of the statistical risk of going to hell. Better safe then sorry. --Blaine Theriot (AKA Thinks Faith Is A Betting Pool Bastard).

/Incidentally, he's also Plagarizing Bastard. This is a long winder version of Pascal's Wager.

Yeah, I was going to say . . .

It still seems like a bad reason to have faith, but it's a decent argument. Based on 'I can't think of any way my atheist friends avould dispute that.'"

Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality. --Friedrich Nietzche (AKA Fascist Ubermenstch Bastard)

When written in chinese, the word crisis is composed of two characters; one represents danger, the other represents opportunity. --John F. Kennedy (AKA I Told The Germans I'm A Jelly Doughnut Bastard)

Based on what you know about him in history books, what do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today?

1. Writing his memoirs of the Civil War.
  2. Advising the President.
  3. Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin. --David Letterman

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. And you may quote me." - Elwood P. Dowd from Harvey, written by Mary Chase