Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

There are people saying "get rid of rep for NGD posts!" too. And Ben's "would you rather I got rid of rep and post count altogether?" was snarky and sour and cynical' date=' and frankly...petulant. But he's got the power to do it if he wants.[/quote']

Everyone has the power to do that. And you'd be sour and cynical if you had to babysit this community, too. ;)

There are people saying "get rid of rep for NGD posts!" too. And Ben's "would you rather I got rid of rep and post count altogether?" was snarky and sour and cynical' date=' and frankly...petulant. But he's got the power to do it if he wants.[/quote']

Considering he has to spend 90% of his time reading posts from NGD "crybabies" (his word) I don't blame him for getting a little snarky.

Everyone has the power to do that. And you'd be sour and cunical if you had to babysit this community' date=' too. ;)[/quote']

I know I wouldn't be able to put up with it. But it's a dash of cold water in the face when we see you snarl back that way. And in my case, since I don't think I'm normally one of the "problem children" (though I could be wrong) and expressed why I didn't like it...well, it seemed like "Oh yeah? Well, how about if I'm even more mean?". Y'know, unjustified under the circumstances. ;)

At someone who's not one of the "crybabies"?

Remember, you were not the first one to complain. And who knows how many private e-mails he's gotten over this from those "crybabies". You just happened to be the proverbial straw.

I know I wouldn't be able to put up with it. But it's a dash of cold water in the face when we see you snarl back that way. And in my case' date=' since I don't [i']think[/i] I'm normally one of the "problem children" (though I could be wrong) and expressed why I didn't like it...well, it seemed like "Oh yeah? Well, how about if I'm even more mean?". Y'know, unjustified under the circumstances. ;)

I can understand your position, but you made it sound like we were going out of our way to "punish" the people who post mostly in the NGD. We're not punishing anyone.

I find it compeltely ludicrous for people to be upset about this change. Post count means nothing. Like rep, it actually reflects absolutely nothing about your value as a human being. To place value on your post count and/or rep is folly, IMO, and therefore complaining about any change in it is even moreso.

However' date=' why not leave this subject matter right were it is now...I don't want to ignite a flame-fest [i']here[/i], in this thread, that will result in it being locked.

No worries. I admit I was a bit peeved at the complainers ("crybabies" was an unfair word to use and I apologize for using it) and you just happened to be the last straw. I also apologize for being snarky and I believe you completely understand the reasons for my actions.

So, we coo?

No worries. I admit I was a bit peeved at the complainers ("crybabies" was an unfair word to use and I apologize for using it) and you just happened to be the last straw. I also apologize for being snarky and I believe you completely understand the reasons for my actions.

So, we coo?

Yeah, we coo. ;)

I don't weigh my own self-worth by Rep or Post-count. Within the confines of this community, what else does one have to use, though? At any forum, anywhere, you often see these things used to denominate the worth of a User's word.

Some forums also use Registration Date, but that is moot here post-old forum.

All in all, I'm fine with the change. I wouldn't mind the removal of NGD Rep, either to be honest. A large majority of it is 'unearned' by posting hot pics, IMO. But, then again, it could of been 'earned' by rep mongering, too. There are many methods, afterall.

On another topic, I think the NGD serves an excellent purpose. Every media of discussion needs an Off-topic place, IMO. When that place starts to overshadow the other 'on topic' forum, something may need to be done. Does it here, I don't know.

Ha! More rambling from Savinien and you read it all! Poor you!

I just had a thought, and take it only as a question not a suggestion.

Would it be "practical" or "feasible" to allow the creator of a thread to also be the moderator for said thread, at least within the NGD?

I'm just curious if that would relieve any of Ben's "burden", or if it would just make things go horribly wrong.

I just had a thought, and take it only as a question not a suggestion.

Would it be "practical" or "feasible" to allow the creator of a thread to also be the moderator for said thread, at least within the NGD?

I'm just curious if that would relieve any of Ben's "burden", or if it would just make things go horribly wrong.

I don't know about "practical" or "feasible". It would be "frustrating" for some, at the very least, and, for people like me, it would be "hilarious". Just imagine: Leftist posts horribly biased article. Righty tries to respond, but is modded by Leftist thread starter. So Righty starts his own thread which he is mod of to respond to Leftist's thread. The problem blooms, everyone is posting and responding to their own threads. Then Mightybec starts a thread...sanity is lost by all.

I don't weigh my own self-worth by Rep or Post-count. Within the confines of this community, what else does one have to use, though? At any forum, anywhere, you often see these things used to denominate the worth of a User's word.

Some forums also use Registration Date, but that is moot here post-old forum.

All in all, I'm fine with the change. I wouldn't mind the removal of NGD Rep, either to be honest. A large majority of it is 'unearned' by posting hot pics, IMO. But, then again, it could of been 'earned' by rep mongering, too. There are many methods, afterall.

I don't agree that any particular form of rep is more or less worthy. Personally, I kind of like seeing that someone liked a character or a quip, or a cute pic, and I like having a less intrusive way to tell others I liked their posts than just posting "agreed". ;)

Everyone has the power to do that. And you'd be sour and cynical if you had to babysit this community' date=' too. ;)[/quote']

Given that we've already ditched negative Rep, I don't see much reason for positive Rep.

But ditching NGD post count is misleading.

JG

Guest Skaramine

Given that we've already ditched negative Rep, I don't see much reason for positive Rep.

But ditching NGD post count is misleading.

JG

So bring back negative rep.

See, I was never fond of post padding threads. I liked Random Musing and to a lesser degree Musing on Random Musing, but neither fit the thread topic I liked. So I created LRTE to be a potpourri of discussion. I feel that if you post isn't going to really contribute anything, why make it?

I had just shy of 7000 posts of that nature before they got rid of post counts from NGD.