Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Sure did. At first I didn't see it, but when I scrolled down I saw Kiliam's name and the description. This should be a cool little personal quest. I have some ideas of some spells that I think would be cool assuming that Josh hasn't thought of them already.

By all means, share your thoughts.

Hopefully your personal thread will go along at a nice clip without moving ahead of ours. Believe me when I say it sucks to have to wait for everyone else to catch up.

Anyway, I believe we need a new topic. Um . . .

I got nothin'.

I will certainly do so.

Let's see... I went to the Pacific Rim Festival here in Sacramento this past weekend. I bought my first piece of original artwork. It was a pretty penny, but the painting was awesome! I met the artist even. It is a Chinese watercolor done in one of the earlier dynasty styles that I like. It now occupies a prominant positions in my living room. So does anyone else own "real original artwork"?

My mother was an artist, mainly painting with oils, before her death in 1976. I have a few of her paintings. Huge (five foot by five foot), garish, frankly awful abstract things that match nothing and stand out wherever I put them. But they are all I have, so up they stay, saying things to me about her that I can't understand.

She was legally blind, which made painting an obvious choice.

My great grandmother was an artist, so in addition to BoneDaddy's mom's stuff on the walls, we have her stuff too. Fortunately for me, my great grandmother liked to paint pictures of actual THINGS and PEOPLE, which is my preference. I have a wonderful painting she did of a mother and child in a field. She worked in oils and most of her paintings have a predominant shade of blue. She used to hide the blue paint pot from herself to avoid this, but they still all ended up blue.

In addition, the house is graced/fettered (take your pic) with a couple of my own works. My son likes them, and that's enough for me.

Well that's different then. I suppose if you take video or a picture or two that would count as original artwork, but no praise until we see proof of the completed piece with the canvas holding a copy of 5er. ;):D

If anyone in Portland wants to go fishing for art, there's a $1000 Eyvin Earle Siriograph in the dump. :(

When we finishing up our packing it got left behind with stuff that was supposed to be picked up for garage sale material. Through no fault of their own, it didn't get picked up before the trash haulers showed up and cleaned everything up and just took it to the land fill.

We do have a larger Eyvin which is in a large crate taking up a corner of our studio. We also have a bunch of paintings and such done by a friend of Jennifer's. She's a great artist. My favorite of mine is a rooster she did and then put behind chicken wire with the frame.

Our problem is, we have a large art/wall space ratio. And bookcases just add to the problem.

We have a couple smaller pieces from other people as well. Generally not generally well known people, but perhaps one day famous. And I know Jennifer will want to get a Cyrus Mejia original.

I will certainly do so.

Let's see... I went to the Pacific Rim Festival here in Sacramento this past weekend. I bought my first piece of original artwork. It was a pretty penny, but the painting was awesome! I met the artist even. It is a Chinese watercolor done in one of the earlier dynasty styles that I like. It now occupies a prominant positions in my living room. So does anyone else own "real original artwork"?

A few pieces, a couple original Warner Brothers cels, several original paintings. That's not including all my wife's book arts and calligraphy, of course.

If anyone in Portland wants to go fishing for art, there's a $1000 Eyvin Earle Siriograph in the dump. :(

When we finishing up our packing it got left behind with stuff that was supposed to be picked up for garage sale material. Through no fault of their own, it didn't get picked up before the trash haulers showed up and cleaned everything up and just took it to the land fill.

Crap, sorry.

Crap' date=' sorry.[/quote']

Meh. It's very annoying, but I'm actually more annoyed that a great piece of art was thrown away. And that one was more limited than many of his others. I'm hoping that when it got dropped off at the dump, someone spotted it. I think my chances are zero on getting it back, but I'd like to think it's still out there.

Meh. It's very annoying' date=' but I'm actually more annoyed that a great piece of art was thrown away. And that one was more limited than many of his others. I'm hoping that when it got dropped off at the dump, someone spotted it. I think my chances are zero on getting it back, but I'd like to think it's still out there.[/quote']

It's not too unlikely that somebody found it and kept it across the garbage supply chain.

We have NGD members who live in Washington state, right?

I ask because my sister's residency is in Washington somewhere (can't remember where, exactly), and Josh and I are talking about flying out there to visit sometime. Not for a while, though; we need to make sure we have enough money to meet basic living expenses first.

We have NGD members who live in Washington state, right?

I ask because my sister's residency is in Washington somewhere (can't remember where, exactly), and Josh and I are talking about flying out there to visit sometime. Not for a while, though; we need to make sure we have enough money to meet basic living expenses first.

I believe so. Though Von D-Man was one. Depending on where in Washington, Portland may be close. Bunch of NGD people there.