Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

At work we have a fake identity, a voice mail box which vendor calls get directed to if the vendor is just asking for "the IT manager" instead of anyone by name. Eventually, I check those voice mails, send them to appropriate people if they're new or the person is unusually persistent (just in case), and mostly these get deleted/ignored either by me or whoever else they go to.

Well, this fictitious manager has gotten head hunter calls asking if someone of their great skills would like a position. :rolleyes: Yup, that really gives confidence in those agencies and how they choose people...

He/she would be the CEO by now :D

He/she would be the CEO by now :D

Yeah, it's amazing what people will do with just a name. The non-entity has even received a couple dollars as enticement to participate in a survey, as well as a few knick-knacks. Someone even booked a meeting once with the "person" and claimed their assistant had talked with the voice-mail-only being. I always wonder how that went with the assistant when I told them?

By the way' date=' I just cut my middle finger on my right hand. Right down the back of it, sliced it on a knife I didn't was right next to the various wooden utensils when I put a couple wooden salad utensils away.[/quote']

And you are typing now why? :shock:

Ow! Stiches or not?

No, but it will probably leave a scar for a little while. It didn't really stay closed, as far as I can tell from the band-aid, until mid-day today, though. I'm hoping it's healed to the point now where I don't need to put on a band-aid tonight/tomorrow/etc.. Really just an annoyance, though, not too serious, minor occasional pain in use but nothing notable. I think it pales compared to your last cut!

And you are typing now why? :shock:

You're asking the compulsive poster? :)

It was on the back of the middle finger, so as long as the band-aid was on it kept it taut and from being a real nuisance, now without the band-aid it makes minor twinges but nothing major. Since I type for a living, so to speak (half my management is via e-mail), I just move on...

You're asking the compulsive poster? :)

It was on the back of the middle finger, so as long as the band-aid was on it kept it taut and from being a real nuisance, now without the band-aid it makes minor twinges but nothing major. Since I type for a living, so to speak (half my management is via e-mail), I just move on...

Good to hear! :yes:

New goal' date=' 15,000 posts for this thread by end of February. C'mon everybody we know we can do it.[/quote']I figure I'll start posting my Random Musings here, since I tend to think about them a lot before I post them, so they aren't really Musings by the time I post them, but full-fledged Thoughts, and also not quite so Random, and that means this thread is more appropriate for them. They certainly fit the original mandate of this thread better.