Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

So... Next Thursday, I'll be getting on a plane in O'Hare and eventually* ending up in Austin, Texas. The weekend will be a blur of adrenaline and shooting people in the face.

Anybody live near Austin that wants to meet the long-nosed wonder in person? Or, watch him gun down fools on the field? This is your chance.

I'm looking forward to it.

* - Airfare is ridiculous. No wonder I haven't done much travelling previously.

What's it for' date=' RP?[/quote']

For anything really. It is the full character writeup, but includes the Equipment section with full writeups minus cost and weight.

The original requestor asked for it for his Fantasy Hero game. He needed something that could handle a loooooooong list of powers and display the equipment as well.

Don't know if you're interested... Here's your favorite Hero-phile mowing muppets last year during a friendly practice:

Dude ... you look like a terrorist. Download them images and use 'em as props ("Here you are, heroes ... that's your perpetrator. Find him.") :eek:

The gear. The odd-looking weapon with the scope, the suit, the mask. Tack an appropriate-sounding caption to those and you could be the guy who assassinated half the Governing Council of Frromish IV with a multi-quark zartwhortler cannon.

Heck, do the same image manipulation as Old Man does to his avatar and you could be the platoon of guys with zartwhortler cannons.

The gear. The odd-looking weapon with the scope, the suit, the mask. Tack an appropriate-sounding caption to those and you could be the guy who assassinated half the Governing Council of Frromish IV with a multi-quark zartwhortler cannon.

Heck, do the same image manipulation as Old Man does to his avatar and you could be the platoon of guys with zartwhortler cannons.

There is no scope... The boxxy thing on top holds the .68 caliber gelatin filled 'paintballs'. It has a spring/electric motor driven feed wheel that 'pushes' balls into the chamber as gravity feed can't keep up with the rof of modern paintball markers.

The mask is full-face protection from the balls hitting you at 300feet per second.

I'm wearing a 'pack' that has a belt that velcros around the waist with 140 round capacity tubes rest in upside down. When the hopper (the odd looking scope) gets empty, I refill during a game.

The suit is a paintball jersey, light to reduce over-heating and pants with pads and extra, tough stitching at slide points. All are baggy to promote 'bounces'. A player isn't elminated from the game unless struck by a paintball that 'breaks' leaving a quarter-sized mark.

That's your tournament paintball gear lesson for the day. Enjoy.

You mean something like this? :sneaky:

Excuse the crappy photomanip, I did this in about 10 minutes just because it sounded like fun.

You mean something like this? :sneaky:

Excuse the crappy photomanip, I did this in about 10 minutes just because it sounded like fun.

I think you did a great job. Noticable as a photomanip (the edges need work, but hey 10 minutes for fun) but I'm impressed. :thumbup: