Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

In honor of post 1776 I would like to thank all of you veterans and current military personnel that keep this country free! :thumbup: Thank you men and women of the armed forces! :yes:

salute.jpg

I salute your post with this:

posted originally in Feb 03

From the Desk of _ P. "Fingers" James 1967

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom

of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us

freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,

who has given us freedom to demonstrate. It is is the soldier,

not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial. It is the

soldier who salutes the flag, serves under the flag and whose

coffin is draped by the flag, who gives the protester the right to

burn the flag.

Author Unknown

reference: http://www.hmm-262vietnam.org/pjames.htm

I salute your post with this:

Great quote. One of the most moving arguments against flag burning I've ever heard was from a war vet, who basically said that he wasn't offended by protestors burning flags, but by the politicians trying to take the protesters right to do so away from them. He had fought too hard for our rights to let them be swept away so easily.

It's been raining today, so I have had to spend the day inside. I still have a half-dug hole to finish, which I'll have to do tomorrow, plus cut some old sleepers down to size so they can be collected on Monday. Which is odd, since I didn't think the council would do a hard refuse collection run on Easter Monday, but that's the date they gave us. Sunday we're going to a family lunch for my father's 74th birthday, which is also to celebrate my son's 7th birthday on Tuesday.

I've got to fit in some study this long weekend too. But not today, I need the break from my life's demands.

I want to Rep the Bunny for his current rockin' avatar, but I can't, as my Rep Power is currently engaged in dire battle in an alternate NGD universe that could threaten the entire existence of the HERO boards as we know them! If only I could find more Repworthy posts, then I could Rep the Bunny here in NGD-Prime.

Speaking of which, there's an article in Scientific American this month on ... slide rules.

Anyone out there (besides me) still have one and know how to use it?

It's been a loooooooong time since I have used one, but it wouldn't take too much to scrub off the rust. :)

Incidentally, speaking of slide rules, I've been trying to talk Steve into making a customized slide rule the next "convention giveaway", like the Secret Decoder Rings were last year. Anyone happen to know a place that makes custom-imprinted slide rules? :D

Oh, and by the way...anyone seen Robyn's sig lately? Apparently keyes_bill is now a troll! (Also check out Robyn's comments in the "Who's on your Ignore List?" thread.)

(Once again, newcomer with extremely strong, opinionated views comes roaring in, and when one of the nicest guys on the forums dares have a different opinion, that guy gets labeled a "troll". Of course, it's not like we haven't seen this behavior before; anyone what to take a wild guess at which one of the "nice guys" will be next on Robyn's "hit list" for being a "troll"?)

Oh' date=' and by the way...anyone seen Robyn's sig lately? Apparently [i']keyes_bill[/i] is now a troll! (Also check out Robyn's comments in the "Who's on your Ignore List?" thread.)

(Once again, newcomer with extremely strong, opinionated views comes roaring in, and when one of the nicest guys on the forums dares have a different opinion, that guy gets labeled a "troll". Of course, it's not like we haven't seen this behavior before; anyone what to take a wild guess at which one of the "nice guys" will be next on Robyn's "hit list" for being a "troll"?)

You. ? ;)