Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Just make sure it won't pop the circuit breaker your 'puter is on.

(This is a perennial problem at home ... the clod who did the wiring extended the kitchen sockets line down into the basement, which is where the gaming table and computers are. It gets cold down there. So we have a space heater. But if you run the space heater and the microwave oven upstairs at the same time, POP! And the computers are on the same circuit. Grr.)

I've already figured out just how hot it needs to be to pop the circuit breaker.

And the computers are on battery backups.

Yep. Trial and error. Mostly error.

Is' date=' too. Have YOU figured out the surefire way to jump up several rep power? 'Cause I haven't.[/quote']

Create a giant document .. like say the compiled indexes of all the Hero Books, and have Steve tell everyone to Rep you. The Rep Power jump is bound to be somewhere around 50. :yes:

In the early hours of this morning, a building around the corner from work exploded. The force of the explosion was such that one of the stools from the basement wine bar went through a first floor [i.e. second floor for Americans] window of a building across the street, and debris was scattered across the road. This wine bar was a semi-regular Friday night haunt for those of us working on this project. The road will be closed all day as police investigate. There is a report that one of the people associated with one of the businesses in the building is missing:

Police fear for the safety of an Adelaide man missing after an early morning explosion in a central city building.

Investigators are trying to enter the building in Pirie Street after an explosion severely damaged the premises about 3am (CST) today. Police said there were concerns for the owner of a cafe, one of three businesses in the building.

Officers were unable to contact him and his car had been found parked behind the building, Superintendent Paul Schramm said.

"So we can't completely rule out the fact that there may be an injured person in the building," Supt Schramm said. "We don't want to speculate further on that. We have been in contact with the relatives. Obviously they are extremely concerned. As soon as we can safely enter the building and confirm whether or not anyone is injured, we will do so and notify the relatives. We are doing our very best to get in as soon as we can, safely."

The blast blew out the front and rear sections of the building and caused a big section of wall to collapse. It also showered debris across the street and damaged a second building. The explosion appeared to have been sparked in the basement of the building which housed a retail wine outlet, a cafe and a sports store on the first floor. There has been some speculation gas may have triggered the explosion.

Supt Schramm said the situation could have been much worse had the blast happened later in the day in the usually busy retail and business section of the city.

"If it had happened other than in the early hours of this morning, clearly there would have been significant injuries," he said.

Supt Schramm said the front facade of 121 Pirie Street was extremely dangerous and would likely have to be brought down later today.

An area around the building has been declared a danger zone, limiting public access.

I went round for a rubberneck and took some photos with my phone. There were only a handful of spectators due to the weather (cold and drizzly) and I idly wondered whether news of this event would make the newspapers in Baghdad....

EDIT: They found a body in the building, believed to be the missing man, the owner of the cafe who was often at work that early in the morning. :(.

Ah' date=' but even good game contributions are no guarantee.[/quote']

Take into account the Rep Spread Requirement... it may be those who would Rep you have done so too recently & thus must wait.

Gaining Rep is also a matter of timing - waiting for everyone who has Repped you, and who consistently Rep's you, to spread it around a bit some before posting more goodies.

Good stuff + Timing + Randomocity + :cool: = Rep.

I went round for a rubberneck and took some photos with my phone. There were only a handful of spectators due to the weather (cold and drizzly) and I idly wondered whether news of this event would make the newspapers in Baghdad....
I'm having trouble finding Pirie Street.

I'm having trouble finding Pirie Street.
Going north->south on the East of King William St, the streets are: North Tce, Rundle Mall, Grenfell Street, Pirie Street, Angas Street. My work is on a sidestreet between Grenfell and Pirie.

More on the fatal building explosion in the city this morning: the body was found outside the building, under the back wall which had been blown down by the force of the explosion. There is now a suspicion it was murder, but police are being tight-lipped about their investigations.

More on the fatal building explosion in the city this morning: the body was found outside the building' date=' under the back wall which had been blown down by the force of the explosion. There is now a suspicion it was murder, but police are being tight-lipped about their investigations.[/quote'] It made the news in NZ

More on the fatal building explosion in the city this morning: the body was found outside the building' date=' under the back wall which had been blown down by the force of the explosion. There is now a suspicion it was murder, but police are being tight-lipped about their investigations.[/quote']

The news report I saw tonight mentioned how the blast took place at around 3 AM, and that there were a number of jerry cans found with the owner's body. Kinda hard not to jump to conclusions.

Either my gaming contributions were not good' date=' or good gaming contributions are no gaurantee.[/quote']

It's the latter. I HAVE gotten some rep for the stuff I've spent a lot of time on, but a large majority of mine comes from offhand comments on the NGD.

Well, maybe not offhand so much as "It didn't take me HALF as long to write this post as the gaming stuff."