Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Sweet! I'll be helping to run the HeroScape demos and tourney on Sunday. I should have some down time here and there. I'm hoping that I can squeeze in a game somewhere.

Yup - both versions are the work of Adam Hills.

I found this on the ABC forums

Adam Hills is one of Australia’s most talented and widely respected comedians. His positive, energetic comedy and rampant spontaneity have won him universal acclaim and rave reviews throughout Australia, Great Britain, Ireland and Europe. Adam has been performing “WORKING CLASS ANTHEMâ€, as part of his stage act for a number of years now, with huge audience response. Most memorable was his rendition for the 2001 Melbourne International Comedy Festival Gala."

After the devastating Xmas / New Year fires throughout the Eastern Seaboard, Adam Hills & Jimmy Barnes performed “WORKING CLASS ANTHEM†at the tickertape parade organised for the fire fighters. It was at the parade that Adam decided to release ‘WORKING CLASS ANTHEM†as a single, donating part proceeds to the Australasian Fire Authority Council.

Obviously he means "working class man", the song ironicly was written by a Yank.

I also like the Painters & Dockers into to "Advance Australia Where?" which starts off being sung to the tune of AAF: "Australian's All let us rejoice for we are blind and deaf...two...three...four"

More on the Cafe explosion a few days ago:

THE Adelaide cafe owner killed in an explosion this week was found by emergency services workers with a lighter in his hand. As police yesterday said they were weeks away from making any official ruling about what caused the explosion early on Tuesday' date=' police sources told The Advertiser petrol jerry cans remained the items of greatest interest to investigators. It is understood a large quantity of petrol used to douse part of the floor of the building at 121 Pirie St would be sufficient to cause such a significant blast as the petrol dried and fumes vapourised with oxygen. As soon as the petrol was ignited, the blast would be almost instant.[/quote']A witness (a milkman) has also come forward saying he saw the owner's car circling the block - he would have stood out at 3 am when there is very little traffic in the city - and the blast occured about 10 minutes after the witness left the area. Sounds like it was an amateur arson attempt gone badly wrong.

Yes' date=' he should have hired a [i']professional[/i] arsonist. ;)
Ironically, since the current implication is that money woes were the motivation, if he could have afforded one, he probably wouldn't have needed one.

Aldaric players/GM' date=' the 13th is out for me. I was reminded that we're taking the kids to Marine World that day.[/quote']

Kathleen will be away on the weekend of the 20th, with family in New Hampshire. How does the evening of the 12th look? 9:15ish EST, 6:15ish Pacific.

Now' date=' it seems the only guarantee is on that "Rep the person above" thread, and that one makes me feel dirty.[/quote']

I've been tempted in the past to follow that thread to compile a list of people I shouldn't rep. I have thus far resisted that temptation. :D

I've been tempted in the past to follow that thread to compile a list of people I shouldn't rep. I have thus far resisted that temptation. :D

But then you would miss out on the great contributions made elsewhere.

But then you would miss out on the great contributions made elsewhere.

No, I didn't say I would put them on my ignore list. Just that I wouldn't rep them. So I'd still see the great contributions made elsewhere, I just wouldn't rep them for it. I figure if they are getting rep for just posting to a particular thread they don't need rep from me.

I have 19,493 songs in my iTunes library. 114GB worth of music.

I have a 4GB iPod.

crap.

I can take 3.5% of my music collection with me any given day. Is it any wonder I lose sleep at night over this.......

Maybe it is time for a bigger Ipod.

Also what format is your music stored in, AAC?

I forgot how touching this song is...especially since it is about a true event that happened on 16th February 1882 at the Trimdon Grange Colliery in County Durham, England:

Trimdon Grange Explosion

Let's not think of tomorrow,

Lest we disappointed be;

Our joys may turn to sorrow,

As we all may daily see.

Today we're strong and healthy,

But how soon there comes a change.

As we may see from the explosion

That has been at Trimdon Grange.

Men and boys left home that morning

For to earn their daily bread,

Little thought before the evening

They'd be numbered with the dead;

Let us think of Mrs Burnett,

Once had sons and now has none -

With the Trimdon Grange explosion,

Joseph, George and James are gone.

February left behind it

What will never be forgot;

Weeping widows, helpless children

May be found in many a cot.

Little children kind and loving

From their homes each day would run;

For to meet their father's coming

As each hard day's work was done.

Now they ask if father's left them,

And the mother hangs her head,

With a weeping widow's feelings,

Tells the child its father's dead.

Homes that once were blessed with comfort

Guided by a father's care

Now are solemn, sad and gloomy,

Since the father is not there.

God protect each lonely widow,

Help to raise each drooping head;

Be a Father to the orphans,

Never let them cry for bread.

Death will pay us all a visit;

They have only gone before.

We may meet the Trimdon victims

Where explosions are no more.

--Thomas Armstrong

I forgot how touching this song is...especially since it is about a true event that happened on 16th February 1882 at the Trimdon Grange Colliery in County Durham' date=' England:[/quote']

I was born on February 16th. Nearly a century later, but still . . .

Bad birthday, BAD!

I posted a couple of actual items there a while back (my spoof on the Barney Dinosaur "I rep you, you rep me" song got a slug of reps) but I keep out of it now. The concept amuses me, but I'd rather read the threads I find to have real content.

Kathleen will be away on the weekend of the 20th' date=' with family in New Hampshire. How does the evening of the 12th look? 9:15ish EST, 6:15ish Pacific.[/quote']

That has potential, but maybe the 11th would be better? Either way I won't be able to play as late as last time since I'll need to get up early the next day for either of those dates.

Maybe it is time for a bigger Ipod.

Also what format is your music stored in, AAC?

I actually like the nano for it's size, fits on a laynyard nicely. And it's got an engraving from my wife on it so i'm keeping it for a while.

Most of them are in MP3 @ 192bps.

I should reburn everything with variable bit rate to reduce the size per song. But that's a lot of CDs to reburn...