Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

That has potential' date=' but maybe the 11th would be better? Either way I won't be able to play as late as last time since I'll need to get up early the next day for either of those dates.[/quote']

Right.

The 11th works fine for me and Josh, provided we don't play too late. I'll ask Kathleen next time I talk to her.

I actually like the nano for it's size, fits on a laynyard nicely. And it's got an engraving from my wife on it so i'm keeping it for a while.

Most of them are in MP3 @ 192bps.

I should reburn everything with variable bit rate to reduce the size per song. But that's a lot of CDs to reburn...

You could convert them to VBR. Maynot be perfect but it works. I'm listening to a track at the moment that I converted from AAC to Mp3 @ 192kps VBR with Medium High Quality. The last part is under preferences.

But still it is a lot of tracks to convert. (and you might need more hard disk space) :)

That has potential' date=' but maybe the 11th would be better? Either way I won't be able to play as late as last time since I'll need to get up early the next day for either of those dates.[/quote']

Kathleen says the 11th will be good. I told her it'll probably be starting around 9 - 9:15 EST, which would be 6 - 6:15 in your time zone (I think - right?). Obviously, we couldn't play for VERY long, but we could jump in a lot faster this time, so I don't see that as a problem.

Does that work for you?

You could convert them to VBR. Maynot be perfect but it works. I'm listening to a track at the moment that I converted from AAC to Mp3 @ 192kps VBR with Medium High Quality. The last part is under preferences.

But still it is a lot of tracks to convert. (and you might need more hard disk space) :)

If I were going to convert to VBR (and I should) I would reburn them all from the source. Because I'm either a psychotic purist or just plain crazy....

And I need a bigger HD anyway, the 200GB HD I use now (dedicated to music) probably won't last the year. So maybe at somepoint I'll invest in a larger drive and then convert everything to VBR.

From this point on (or rather last month on) I'm using VBR. Just gotta keep track of what is at that and what's strait 192.

If I were going to convert to VBR (and I should) I would reburn them all from the source. Because I'm either a psychotic purist or just plain crazy....

And I need a bigger HD anyway, the 200GB HD I use now (dedicated to music) probably won't last the year. So maybe at somepoint I'll invest in a larger drive and then convert everything to VBR.

From this point on (or rather last month on) I'm using VBR. Just gotta keep track of what is at that and what's strait 192.

GA, if you are gonoing to go to the trouble of 1) getting a bigger HD and 2) reburn all the cds, why not reburn them as AAC or Apple Loseless. Any particular reason for choising MP3 VBR?

GA' date=' if you are gonoing to go to the trouble of 1) getting a bigger HD and 2) reburn all the cds, why not reburn them as AAC or Apple Loseless. Any particular reason for choising MP3 VBR?[/quote']

Because I think AAC at the base level (128) doesn't sound as good and haven't noticed much size difference when you move AAC up to 192, VBR makes more sense at that bit rate.

Because I think AAC at the base level (128) doesn't sound as good and haven't noticed much size difference when you move AAC up to 192' date=' VBR makes more sense at that bit rate.[/quote']

What about Apple Loseless?

That's what AAC is. Also known as MP4.

I was thinking mainly that being loseless you could get a compressed "disk image" of the cd. Ie burn it once and ve'er have to burn it again. As you say it is a form of AAC.

So your thoughts on AIFF? (a true lossless format).

You're kidding' date=' right? Right? [i']RIGHT?!?![/i]

No, apparently he's not joking. I've heard this from other Scandinavians (the nearest source of moose poop to Germany) several times over the last ten years or so. Either that, or it's collective conspiratorial joke, where everyone in Sweden, Norway, & Denmark are in on it trying to make Germans look strange.

Now, that last proposition is perhaps more believeable than the first....

I was thinking mainly that being loseless you could get a compressed "disk image" of the cd. Ie burn it once and ve'er have to burn it again. As you say it is a form of AAC.

So your thoughts on AIFF? (a true lossless format).

that's basically the format of the audio on the CD itself. Awesome sound quality. Massive file size due to a 0 compression rate. Had I a couple terrabytes of space I'd go that route in a heartbeat. :)

No, apparently he's not joking. I've heard this from other Scandinavians (the nearest source of moose poop to Germany) several times over the last ten years or so. Either that, or it's collective conspiratorial joke, where everyone in Sweden, Norway, & Denmark are in on it trying to make Germans look strange.

Now, that last proposition is perhaps more believeable than the first....

Note to self: Cancer knows . . . Too much . . .

And, of course, historically, whale vomit (ambergris) has had quite high value as trade material. Of course, ambergris had an intrinsic use, and I doubt the buyers of moose poop souvenirs have any function in mind for it.