Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

When this many teams are playing the same fields over and over a lot of unbroken paint accumulates. So' date=' yes... Those are all paintballs. Some are broken and some aren't.[/quote']

Presumably it doesn't count if you take a dive onto an "unexploded" paintball. How can you be sure you can tell the difference?

You can't. At some events the refs will come and push those out of the way when they're in front of the bunkers like that.

Other times, I'll tell the ref, "I just slid into a bunch of paint here... Don't call me out for marks I got from it."

Cool. I figured it was something like that.

Hey, somebody has to suck hind ***. There was a team we played early that we should have mowed over and didn't. My gun was down from the get-go. We endedup with a draw when we should have easily won.

Had we won that game, we would have moved on. Stupid mistakes and dodgy play does not make the cut at National Events.

Plus: 3-day weekend a hand. Minus: I have to grade exams, and see if I can figure out why my truck won't start. If I can't do the latter, I won't be going many places, since my wife has to do a lot work-related driving around.

Electrical problem of some sort. The starter switch goes "click", the dash lights go on, nothing else happens. I have to borrow my neighbor's charger again (they were gone all weekend) and get the battery charged fully and see if that does it.

Once you get it started, try checking the alternator output. IIRC, for most cars (at least U.S. ones) it should be around 13 Volts. If the alternator is good and the battery charges doesn't hold the charge, it's either being drained (minor short or a bad alternator), or it has a bad cell.

Well, this vehicle has had electrical trouble before. I was having the battery go from full-up to discharged in 48 hours, but it'd hold a charge when you put it on the external charger. We stopped the problem by pulling out the fuse which was the circuit for the radio & dome light, leading me to suspect that there was something goofy in the radio, which I can live without. FWIW, while tracking down that problem, the battery was replaced; they also said the alternator tested good. This was ... about a year ago, IIRC.

I fear that there may be a slow short somewhere in the cab. I know there's a leak in it (I can smell the mildew after a hard rain), probably around the old CB antenna mount on top (that was there when I got the truck), since my kids have reported the ceiling upholstery is wet at times.

Well, swapping for a new vehicle is attractive, except that we're hemorraging money profusely right now with this trip coming up in 2.5 weeks. The truck's a 1994 Ranger, I've had it since 2001, and it's my experience that all Fords end their lives in a miasma of undiagnosable electrical problems (this is having owned three, for 9, 13, and 7.5 years respectively) ... those problems didn't kill either of the previous two vehicles, but it added to the impetus to dump them and get another.

:rofl:Do the following:

Go to Google and type in "google Chuck Norris" and hit the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button. Read the message.

Then go back and change the text to "Chuck Norris" and hit the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button again and take in the facts.