Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

:rofl:Do the following:

Go to Google and type in "google Chuck Norris" and hit the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button. Read the message.

Then go back and change the text to "Chuck Norris" and hit the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button again and take in the facts.

Did you notice the "pages from Chuck's beard" toggle option on that first part?

Searchable Digital Sky Survey for pieces of the sky.

Intended for pros, so lots of unexplained jargon there. Images are B&W.

If you have an object name, enter it in the text box near the top and click "Get coordinates"; that'll populate the fields for "Retrieve an Image" below.

When retrieving your image, make sure to specify GIF rather than FITS (which is the default); FITS is a format for astronomy data that only specialty software can read.

For instance, to see the piece of sky which my avatar is intended to be, enter "M67" as the object name, get the coordinates, then change the image type to GIF and click Retrieve.

No, these are scientific images so each is B/W, usually taken through a filter so that you know you're catching photons of a particular wavelength. Typical filters when I was crunching comet data were violet, red, and infrared. (I used to know what the specific wavelengths were, but hey, I can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday either.) Good for science, less so for spectacular imagery.

Hee hee. "I ... am .... not ... a ... man. I ... am ... a ... sock puppet!"

Bazza, if you want color images, you need to read in different B&W images, register & scale them so they line up right everywhere you care, apply different colors to each image, then stack/sum them. Thus it's always been with astronomical images, because detectors have substantially different sensitivities at different wavelengths: the color balance is always wrong if you try capturing an image in a single multichannel collector.

It's only because of evolution (in the case of the eye) and dye chemistry (for photography) that color image presentation has ever worked.

You can obtain a Sword of the Reaper without using the Party House.

To do so, you need to first gain access to the Reaper Missions. Second, you need TicTac and Robogirl and complete the "Tictac and Robogirl have a Sneak Plan" mission. Once you have the Soul Candy, you will unlock "A Voice Beckons". The first mission is a 10/6 Gen mission. The second part requires letting yourself lose 2 levels in Gen, Nin, and Tai. However, this gets you the Sword of the Reaper which GIVES you +2 levels. So while your Character Level drops by 6, your levels with your rolls remains the same.

You can obtain a Sword of the Reaper without using the Party House.

To do so, you need to first gain access to the Reaper Missions. Second, you need TicTac and Robogirl and complete the "Tictac and Robogirl have a Sneak Plan" mission. Once you have the Soul Candy, you will unlock "A Voice Beckons". The first mission is a 10/6 Gen mission. The second part requires letting yourself lose 2 levels in Gen, Nin, and Tai. However, this gets you the Sword of the Reaper which GIVES you +2 levels. So while your Character Level drops by 6, your levels with your rolls remains the same.

As I read this post totally without context, it sounds pretty :joint:. :)

Interesting day.

- Took my son to basketball as my wife and daughter weren't ready. He has to get there at 8:00 although the game doesn't start until 8:30. Then went on to my Uni exam.

- I knew I had no money on me (my wife was going to pay my son's match fee when she got there in time for the game), but though parking at the exam venue would be free on weekends. Wrong! I had to race around the streets looking for a park. Found one and got to the exam just after the ten-minute reading time began.

- Did the exam, finished in plenty of time. Good exam, closed book, but the first part was 20 relatively easy multiple-choice questions. Actually, they were very easy if you had read the course material, which is how exams should be IMHO. Basically I have no worries about this exam, so the score out of my three exams is one definite pass, one probable, one OMGWTF!!

- Got a text from my wife, son's team lost by 2 points, son didn't score but played well. Missing the game was definitely the low point of my week.

- Got home, wife and kids gone to friends place (pre-planned), house to myself all afternoon. Ah, piece and quiet.

- Followed Jazz-Hornets game on-line, big Jazz win.

- My mate Tim sent me a trade request in our basketball fantasy league. He's trying to get either Steve Nash or Allen Iverson off me. He has offered chump change but that's just to get talks started. I mentioned that the only guys he has that I'm interested in are Shawn Marion and some guy called James. He also has Al Jefferson, who I'm thinking about making an offer for. It's a "keeper" league so he might be worth making a play for, he's young but brittle. My team is strong in PG (I also have Baron Davis) but weak in big men.

- Went for a walk to the local polling booth to vote. It will be a very close election, all the polls point to a squeaker. In fact when I came back I checked out the News.com.au website and voted in their "exit poll", the result was very interesting, as the attached screenshot attests!!!

- Just got a phone call from the mum-in-law. My niece is a checkout chick at her local supermarket, they just got held up, if I understand correctly they robbed her specifically. The crims were involved in a car chase and crashed, and are now in hospital. I thought this was interesting, my sister-in-law (said niece's mum) is a theatre nurse at the local hospital, that could be interesting if they needed surgery and she's on-duty...