Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

You're already more "wintery" than it ever gets around here.

*is jealous*

I'd be a lot happier about it if we got snow that accumulated. Instead, we get these wimpy little flurries, or it warms up just as the clouds come out (a 40-degree difference between noon and 3 AM isn't rare in these parts), or it's so windy that the snow, quite literally, dries up. Or it gets blown to the top of the mountains, which is just weird to see, driving around.

I'd be a lot happier about it if we got snow that accumulated. Instead' date=' we get these wimpy little flurries, or it warms up just as the clouds come out (a 40-degree difference between noon and 3 AM isn't rare in these parts), or it's so windy that the snow, quite literally, dries up. Or it gets blown to the top of the mountains, which is just weird to see, driving around.[/quote']

But at least you get snow at all. We get rain all winter. Which is fine, I like rain. But I prefer to get snow at least once and a while. And I prefer not to have to drive up to the mountians to see it. :)

If you can call a crusty cover that's gone by noon "snow." I'd rather it were just warm year-round' date=' than to tease us like that.[/quote']

Heck, I'll happily call it snow while it is falling, even if it melts the instant it hits the ground. That's more than I currently get. :)

We've had a strange cold front come in and sit on the island for about five days now. Rain, wind, temps clear down in the high 60s at night. Biggest problem is the gusts of wind coming out of the south, opposite form the way the wind blows 95% of the year, so everything that grew expecting winds out of the northwest is getting knocked over.

We've had a strange cold front come in and sit on the island for about five days now. Rain' date=' wind, temps clear down in the high 60s at night. Biggest problem is the gusts of wind coming out of the south, opposite form the way the wind blows 95% of the year, so everything that grew expecting winds out of the northwest is getting knocked over.[/quote']

Well, your lows at night are barely cool enough to be in my comfort zone during this strange cold front, so I doubt your neck of the woods is where I'd like to live. :)

Though the wrong directly winds sound like they are a pain. Sympathy at least on that front...

Wouldn't be so bad except for the power outages. Why they can't bury the damn power lines in a state that routinely gets windstorms and hurricanes, and never freezes, is beyond me. But then again we can't keep the roads paved either. Anyway, the wind did cost me a couple of bushed in the front yard, and if the rain ever stops I have to climb up and check the shingles on the play fort.

It was 18 F last week at the sanctuary at 8am. I finally switched from wearing shorts all the time. We do have patches of snow, but yesterday I had to drive to Ceder City which takes me over a pass with lots of snow.

It's raining today, probably snowing over that pass I was on.

I'd be a lot happier about it if we got snow that accumulated. Instead' date=' we get these wimpy little flurries, or it warms up just as the clouds come out (a 40-degree difference between noon and 3 AM isn't rare in these parts), or it's so windy that the snow, quite literally, dries up. Or it gets blown to the top of the mountains, which is just weird to see, driving around.[/quote']

Be careful what you wish for...

Mid-to-low-20's (Fahrenheit) last night, high 40's today. Warming up this weekend, after a miserable week of cold rain and subfreezing temps at night.

Colder when the sun's out than when it's cloudy. High winds that suck the warmth right off your body.

Bad for the South, it not officially being winter and all, but you'd probably laugh at all the people huddled up in their winter coats. I haven't bothered with mine at all; the nice, warm sweaters I wear to sustain me at work keep me plenty toasty outside, as well. Could probably stand to bring gloves.

The mornings here in Northern Florida lately have been in the upper 30's to low 40's (Fahrenheit). Not terrible except for one small fact...

I ride my bicycle to work though that.

Ah, the winters of my childhood . . . *nostalgia*

. . . Never experienced snowfall at all?

yes, many a time. just not here. :)

eg, Thredbo & Perisher Valley which are famous, and New Zealand in winter. My aunty is from Jindabyne, so I got to visit Thredbo & Perisher Valley after tourist season.

• 2 weeks later...