Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Only more deadly.

Poor thing. :(

Actually, not that deadly. It does make them a bit more susceptible to other infections, but as long as they're not exposed unnecessarily, they can live quite well. Not very contagious either. Most infections happen from deep bites or sex. And if they're neutered or spayed, sex isn't going to do it.

FeLV is much more contagious and generally kills kittens within two years if they catch it that young. Adults tend to have better survivability since they already built up some immunities to other viruses.

From our Cat info page

Info on FIV

Info on FeLV

I cam across an icon today which rotates through "Cat Haiku." Rather than try to get it to show up right here (and infuriate everyone who reads faster or slower than it rotates), I typed them out.

You never feed me.

Perhaps I'll sleep on your face.

That will sure show you.

You must scratch me there!

Yes, above my tail! Behold,

elevator butt.

The rule for today:

touch my tail, I shred your hand.

New rule tomorrow.

Grace personified.

I leap into the window.

I meant to do that.

Wanna go outside.

Oh no! Help! I got outside!

Let me back inside!

Blur of motion, then-

silence, me. A paper bag.

What is so funny?

You're always typing.

Well, let's see you ignore my

sitting on your hands.

My small cardboard box.

You cannot see me if I

can hide just my head.

Terrible battle.

I fought for hours. Come and see!

What's a "term paper?"

Small brave carnivores

kill pine cones and mosquitos

Fear vacuum cleaner

I want to be close

to you. Can I fit my head

inside your armpit?

Oh no! Big one has

been trapped by newspaper!

Cat to the rescue!

Cats meow out of angst

"Thumbs! If only we had thumbs!

We could break so much."

The Big Ones snore now.

Every room is dark and cold.

Time for "Cup Hockey."

We're almost equals.

I purr to show I love you.

Want to smell my butt?

Will crosspost to "Jokes."

Well, the momcat's at the shelter's vet for the night for observation.

The resident cats have already been in the bathroom, plundered the food, and gloated over their reestablishment of ownership. Assuming she comes back tomorrow having checked out ok, they'll be bitterly disappointed.

Well' date=' that would be my Best Friends. What was the article about?[/quote']The rehabilitation of fighting dogs. There was a champion who would never be let out again, and a bitch who had had all her teeth knocked out so she could be bred without biting the males.

My sister visited yesterday, with her excitable dog who LOVES cats. One cat had been trying to slip out the door lately, so, when the door opened, he headed for it. Then he bounced back as if he'd hit a screen, puffed up to three times his size, and arched his back.

My sister's been gone since noon, but, when I left for work, that cat was still hiding under the kitchen sink. The other one's been a lot braver about it.

Neither have, so far, left us any "presents" indicating their displeasure. That does not make me think there will be no future gifts, but it's more likely to be the older and grumpier of the two, once he comes out of hiding long enough.

Two of the last litter of kittens are still at the shelter waiting for adoption, the black one and the tortie. Both more or less flung themselves at my wife when she brought in the momcat to hand her off to the vet yesterday. :(

It is VERY important to make sure your pets, cats and/or dogs, do not get hold of any curried chicken you might accidentally drop while preparing dinner. In my case, one of each managed to split a piece.

For three days after that incident the house positively REEKED!!

Of course, Lillie (the cat) and Butchie (the dog) felt they just HAD to spend as much time as possible with me during those three days.

It is VERY important to make sure your pets, cats and/or dogs, do not get hold of any curried chicken you might accidentally drop while preparing dinner. In my case, one of each managed to split a piece.

Of course, Lillie (the cat) and Butchie (the dog) felt they just HAD to spend as much time as possible with me during those three days.

Heh. I thought you were going to say it's poisonous. I already know what that stuff does to my digestive system.

The worst, for us, is if the cats can get to some of the milk residue in our cereal bowls or glasses. They don't realize they don't fully digest the milk, so instead, they just run from the litterbox as fast as they can when they're done like there's a demon on their heels.

And there is. I call it the Stinky Demon.

The worst stink we've had in the house game from fish (trout) that had got taken out of the chest freezer (while rooting around in there for something else) but not put back in. Its wrapping held it in for a while, but once the wrapping burst, boy howdy, was it foul.

The rehabilitation of fighting dogs. There was a champion who would never be let out again' date=' and a bitch who had had all her teeth knocked out so she could be bred without biting the males.[/quote']

That would be about the Vick dogs then. Both those dogs are very sweet with people, but those two are a few of the ones we'll never adopt out.

Which reminds me, I heard a rumor that Vick wasn't allowed on the prison football team. Need to go confirm.

edit: Unclear rumors at this point.

One of our cats loved real spicy food. She could eat Thai chicken hotter than I could.

The only real danger is if she ate refried beans. But it was a one day thing with her.