Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Well, as I understand it, female cats let off a number of eggs when they're in heat, usually between two and a dozen. The scent and yowls of her heat draw many, many males, and the female cat will usually be mated with by most of them. So litters are 50% similar, rather than the 100% you'd get from egg-splitting.

So if the mother cat didn't produce as many eggs, or had a small gene pool to work with, then it is possible for the mother cat to only have one or two. Also, spontaneous abortion, if the mother cat was underfed and/or overstressed, is fairly common.

I've just never run into a litter of two before. The only times I've seen a mother cat with only two kittens, it was because the others had died.

Further news: 2 more kitties born last night, now we have 4, and that seems to be all. The tuxedo and the "white" (he seems to be a rather pale orange) are males. The two newborns are a mackerel tabby and a tortie, both female.

:confused: OK' date=' here it is. Nothing special. The stuff covered going into this exam was geometric optics and wave nature of light (interference, diffraction, polarization).[/quote']

Wouldn't that mirror suffer from Spherical Aberration and thus not have a specific focal point?

Hmph. Whatever happened to "ladies first?"

Just how long was the momcat in labor?

That I can't tell you; I don't even know if her labor was continuous during that time.

One thing I do know is that for very few species is childbirth as traumatic as it is for humans. The most severe constraint on human evolution is the size of the birth canal, and our infants are born far younger, comparitively speaking, than those of other animal species of our mass. It's trying to get that enormous brain formed and out into the world while leaving the mother alive.