Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I took some time off the boards earlier this year to finish my degree. However, since I finished, I have been feeling very burnt out. There were things I wanted to do instead of study, but kept putting them off. Now, every time I think about these other things, which are supposed to be fun, I put them off because for some reason they seem like work. Even posting to this board takes an effort of will. Which is why I am making this post - I am going to start doing some of these things I have wanted to do, but wasn't able to, and start enjoying things again. Maybe I'll finally get around to doing some of the HERO-related stuff I have been thinking of for the past few years, and finally increase my post count!

I took some time off the boards earlier this year to finish my degree. However' date=' since I finished, I have been feeling very burnt out. There were things I wanted to do instead of study, but kept putting them off. Now, every time I think about these other things, which are supposed to be fun, I put them off because for some reason they seem like work. Even posting to this board takes an effort of will. Which is why I am making this post - I am going to start doing some of these things I have wanted to do, but wasn't able to, and start enjoying things again. Maybe I'll finally get around to doing some of the HERO-related stuff I have been thinking of for the past few years, and finally increase my post count![/quote']

I'm in the same boat. thee are tons of books I want to read, and it almost feels like "work" now that I can, after putting them off because of University study.

They went in two pairs. The two tabbies went together, and the tipped and black went together. That's sort of how the four tended to hang out with each other, too. It'd be interesting to know how they got picked. All four of them tended to purr when picked up; we do a decent of job of trying to get all our kittens to do that.

With this election we need prayers more than ever before.

Actually, I think the election itself will be smooth and peaceful, and for that we can give prayers of thankfulness. Prayers for divine favor and good fortune are needed for what happens after, no matter who wins.

Not sure when we'll start on another litter. My wife wants to host a big Thanksgiving this year, and that'll sure be a lot easier when we don't have to keep all the doors closed. Might not happen til after Christmas.

We started doing it to give the kids some experience in dealing with small animals, and we've found we get a kick out of it. Yes, we take needed breaks between litters, but it's just fun having them around much of the time, and it doesn't require the lifetime commitment I feel is necessary to take a new pet into the household.

They do get sick, they make messes, they play and tear stuff up (we consigned our bedspread to the trash a couple months ago), they insist on attention (they seem to prefer sleeping on my wife's chest as she's reading in bed), they make noise, they get into stuff they shouldn't, and they learn to purr when you walk into the room. The old cats are annoyed to have them (which is itself comical) but covet the kitten food.

Well, of course. Cat Rule #486 states that A Cat Shall Always Covet Food From The Other Cat's (or Cats') Bowl. Mine have been raiding the Invisikitties' bowl for weeks.

I call them Invisikitties because, if I pretend they're invisible, they're less stressed to have me around. I'm slowly bribing one of them into liking me, but the other is, so far, unswayed.

I spent most of yesterday walking around with a wet foot, making a squish noise every other step. Shoe sole split open, on a wonderful rainy day, first Pineapple Express of the season, a bit more than 0.8 inches of nice continual rain.

I spent most of yesterday walking around with a wet foot' date=' making a squish noise every other step. Shoe sole split open, on a wonderful rainy day, first Pineapple Express of the season, a bit more than 0.8 inches of nice continual rain.[/quote']

Pineapple Express?

A fairly frequent storm pattern here is the warm front coming off the Pacific, pushing over colder continental air. Warm moist air aloft moving onto cold air below is a recipe for long-term continuous rain, while the surface temperatures end up becoming relatively warm, maybe into the mid-50s F. The main airflow in the weather pattern is along the front, and in classical cases when you look at the satellite image timeloops you see the clouds moving SW to NE in a direct, uninterrupted curve from Hawaii up into the Cascades here. Hence the locals call it a "Pineapple Express", since the moisture is wind-driven up from Hawaii.

A fairly frequent storm pattern here is the warm front coming off the Pacific' date=' pushing over colder continental air. Warm moist air aloft moving onto cold air below is a recipe for long-term continuous rain, while the surface temperatures end up becoming relatively warm, maybe into the mid-50s F. The main airflow in the weather pattern is along the front, and in classical cases when you look at the satellite image timeloops you see the clouds moving SW to NE in a direct, uninterrupted curve from Hawaii up into the Cascades here. Hence the locals call it a "Pineapple Express", since the moisture is wind-driven up from Hawaii.[/quote']

Ah, makes sense. I'd just never heard the term before. :)