Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Ah' date=' makes sense. I'd just never heard the term before. :)[/quote']

There's a movie with that title, which is the only context in which I'd heard it before. That it has something to do with weather is a surprise to me.

Apparently, it's a stoner flick. I know nothing more about it.

In November they aren't as noticeable as they are in December and January. When the temperatures jump by 10-20 degrees so it's flirting with 50 F, and it's raining solid for a day or two without interruption, and there's a strong steady wind ... it's the pineapple express. The ski buffs hate it, because it wipes out the top layer of snow on this side of the mountains.

In November they aren't as noticeable as they are in December and January. When the temperatures jump by 10-20 degrees so it's flirting with 50 F' date=' and it's raining solid for a day or two without interruption, and there's a strong steady wind ... it's the pineapple express. The ski buffs hate it, because it wipes out the top layer of snow on this side of the mountains.[/quote']

However on to the important question: Does it make Seattle smell like pineapple?

:D

However on to the important question: Does it make Seattle smell like pineapple?

I'm in Portland right now, and it warmed up quite a bit over the last couple days. Though I'm getting a little disoriented on localities. Was in San Diego last week, Vegas the two weekends before, and Los Angeles the week before that. Phoenix next week.

i'm in portland right now' date=' and it warmed up quite a bit over the last couple days. Though i'm getting a little disoriented on localities. Was in san diego last week, vegas the two weekends before, and los angeles the week before that. Phoenix next week.[/quote']

Kinda like this guy?

I've been to:

Reno, chicago, fargo, minnesota,

buffalo, toronto, winslow, sarasota,

wichita, tulsa, ottawa, oklahoma,

tampa, panama, mattawa, la paloma,

bangor, baltimore, salvador, amarillo,

tocapillo, baranquilla, and perdilla

Another holiday?! Don't you guys ever work?

Not if we can help it. :)

Personally I find it someone amusing that of the 13 paid holiday days I get off from work, 8 of them are in November, December and January. I get:

New Years Day

MLK Day

President's Day

Memorial Day

Independence Day

Labor Day

Veteran's Day

Thanksgiving Day

Day After Thanksgiving

Christmas Eve

Christmas Day

New Year's Eve

Plus 1 floating holiday I can use whenever I want. Which this year oddly enough I'm planning on using for Christmas Eve, even though we get that one off. Because some pencil pusher decided that since Christmas is on a Thursday this year rather than getting Wednesday and Thursday off (24th and 25h) we should get Thursday and Friday off (25th and 26th). Leaving us working on Christmas Eve. While leaving us taking Wednesday and Thursday off for New Years, and having to come back in on the 2nd. Go figure...

Well, the Germans approached Mexico because Pres. Wilson objected to their U-boats sinking American ships, and they decided war was inevitable, so why not see if they could keep the Americans busy on their own side of the ocean (the US having sent the Army into Mexico only a few years earlier). The Mexicans didn't bite, and Room 40 picked off the message and passed it on to the American ambassador, and things snowballed from there.