Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

We get Christmas Day and Boxing Day as holidays (December 25th and 26th)

New Years Day (January 1st)

A half day on Maundy Thursday which is the day before Good Friday which we get off. Easter Monday follows that.

The first and last Mondays in May and the last Monday in August.

Then two floating days the first around Christmas and the second with the second Bank Holiday in May.

So we get 10 and a half days off.

But then again I get 30 paid days off work on top of that.

We get Christmas Day and Boxing Day as holidays (December 25th and 26th)

New Years Day (January 1st)

A half day on Maundy Thursday which is the day before Good Friday which we get off. Easter Monday follows that.

The first and last Mondays in May and the last Monday in August.

Then two floating days the first around Christmas and the second with the second Bank Holiday in May.

So we get 10 and a half days off.

But then again I get 30 paid days off work on top of that.

That certainly helps. On top of the 13 holidays I get, I've got 21 days of PTO and 6 days of EST (extended sick time) per year. So overall pretty close, and you get to pick more of yours than I do. And the EST can only get used in some pretty specific circumstances. So really you've got more than me by about 6.5 days a year. :P

Though I'm getting to use my saved up EST to take time off after Keri gives birth, so I'm pretty happy about that. :)

I'm a little bummed. Today is my second anniversary, and I'm at work. I had planned on taking every November 12 off to celebrate with Keri. I decided this year that being able to take that extra day off as part of my paternity leave was worth it to skip it this year. Particularly since there was a good chance that it would fall during my leave anyway, since the baby was due on the 7th. Well, she still hasn't come yet, and so I'm working on our anniversary.

It was the right call, and I don't really regret it. But that doesn't stop me from being a bit bummed. Two years ago on this day we were getting married. Last year on this day we were in Ireland, celebrating. This year, working and waiting.

Not really. I had to leave the house this morning without breakfast; we had the carpets cleaned yesterday, which means moving all the furniture off of the carpet and leaving it elsewhere while it dries. So ... the kitchen was pretty much inaccessible this morning when I got up. Consequently, I was waiting for breakfast at the time I made that post.

Hmm. I'm much better with cats. Had a puppy in my hotel room last night with a cat. They got along fine which was cool. Everyone settled down around 1am though. Puppy on one side of me in bed, the cat on the other. I either am not good with dog signals, or something though.

This morning, I get up. Put some clothes on, get the leash and say to the puppy "Want to go outside?" and he immediately pees on the bed. *sigh*

Hmm. I'm much better with cats. Had a puppy in my hotel room last night with a cat. They got along fine which was cool. Everyone settled down around 1am though. Puppy on one side of me in bed, the cat on the other. I either am not good with dog signals, or something though.

This morning, I get up. Put some clothes on, get the leash and say to the puppy "Want to go outside?" and he immediately pees on the bed. *sigh*

:D

Maybe next time use different words.

Hmm. I'm much better with cats. Had a puppy in my hotel room last night with a cat. They got along fine which was cool. Everyone settled down around 1am though. Puppy on one side of me in bed' date=' the cat on the other. I either am not good with dog signals, or something though.[/quote']

"Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right..." :D

This morning' date=' I get up. Put some clothes on, get the leash and say to the puppy "Want to go outside?" and he immediately pees on the bed. *sigh*[/quote']

He was so happy, he couldn't contain himself.

New momcat and kittens. These guys are pretty old, 7 weeks, we think. All tabbies. They are also just covered in fleas. My wife & I pulled about a hundred off of them last night, and I'm sure that wasn't an appreciable fraction of them. We preemptively put antiflea gunk on the three residents, and she's going to call to get some kitten-safe flea gunk for the new batch.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. The mom & kittens have clearly been pretty well socialized; the kittens will (up to a point) hold still for you to comb them and remove the things, but mom has considerably less patience. That's why we're going to reach for the chemical remedy if we can get one.