Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Went faster than I guessed. When they all make the same mistake, the decisions only have to be made once. The edits to the lab handout are clear too, but that isn't needed on quite so short a timescale.

Hmm. A typo put "heeded" rather than "needed" in that last clause, which may be more prophetic than is comfortable.

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Today was their last print edition. They are continuing with a much-reduced staff in electronic form at http://www.seattlepi.com/.
It was bound to happen. This article I have read (Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable)' date=' this one I haven't read yet (OLD GROWTH MEDIA AND THE FUTURE OF NEWS), but related to the other one.

That's fine for world' date=' national, and perhaps even regional news, but it makes it worthless for local news. And worse than useless for investigative reporting on a local level.[/quote'] What is needed is stil the profession of journalism, particulaly investigative journalism, but the newspaper has reached the proverbial end.