Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

That "living" part sometimes is the issue.

Actually, I would have said the "learning" part was sometimes the issue. After all, didn't you say that something like 90% of your class thought that rocket thust was due to the exhaust pushing against the air?

Back in the late 60s, when I was about 11, the folks next door had a daughter who came back from her first term at college and, they figured out, she had the initial symptoms of scurvy. Apparently she hadn't eaten any fresh fruit or vegetables for three months, not even tomato on the hamburgers that were mostly what she ate.

... So lack of nutrition is quite plausible, IMO.

I'm in for two weeks of knäckebröd and noodles, myself. Spent too much for Christmas/earned too little in November. I took paid vacation for the two weekends I was supposed to work, and forgot that then I can't get the Uncomfortable Work Hours compensation -- 100% extra after twelve o'clock on saturday. That's three thousand spänn I didn't earn ...

Yeah, that's sharply restricted in the US. Fishing and hunting require licenses, and there are sharply defined seasons for everything, except noxious invasives. Most of those aren't edible (the plants, anyway), or have edible fruit for only two or three weeks a year.

College student go "braiiinnnzzz ..."

I thought they went "Way-oh, way-oh". Or was that the cops in the donut shop?

I'm in for two weeks of knäckebröd and noodles' date=' myself. Spent too much for Christmas/earned too little in November. I took paid vacation for the two weekends I was supposed to work, and forgot that then I can't get the Uncomfortable Work Hours compensation -- 100% extra after twelve o'clock on saturday. That's three thousand [i']spänn[/i] I didn't earn ...

So no Green Eggs and spänn ?

I think, for the functions demanded of currency, a physical piece of currency can never be eco-friendly. I mean, one of the things you want to be true about money is that it doesn't rot away when you bury it in a coffee can in the back yard, right?