Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I have an electric kettle, and I make tea with it when I feel more like tea than coffee. But for coffee I go out, because I don't want to hassle with the mess of coffee grounds in my office, and I like cream, and the refrigerator is awkwardly located on this floor. And I never want more than one cup a day.

And even if I made coffee in my office, I'd still have to go out to get something to eat (bagel, pastry, muffin, whatever).

While it doesn't solve the second problem, these coffee/tea makers solve the problem of grounds/leaves.

I HAVE BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!!

Literally.

Last night I attacked a pan in which sausage had been burned with my cleaning method of last resort, hot water and lots of baking soda. It seems the water was a bit too hot, and then the friction of hard rubbing aggravated it, so the working surfaces of my right thumb and index finger have blisters.

Sigh. No one to blame but myself.

Thought you were going to tell us about a wild night of guitar playing...

@RPMiller you'd think a scientist would know better...:D

When I hit the "back" button to get back to e.g. the NGD forum listing from this thread, I am getting a version of that forum listing that was generated yesterday, not the one from which I entered this thread. Goofy junk from the browser cache.

I'm on a Mac, whose software I am not at liberty to change or upgrade except when Apple rams an update down its throat. I have to use Safari, in consequence; the versions of Firefox and IE that I have tend to get hanged by the forums.