Here There Be Tigers

Starwolf

Re: Here There Be Tigers

I am looking for a copy of "Here There Be Tigers" does anyone know who published it? And are there copies available anywhere? I have already done an e-bay search to no avail.

Thanks

Are you talking about the Ray Bradbury story or something else? I was not able to find anything but an audio cassete of the former.

It was published by Firebird, Ltd., who also published the original Golden Age of Champions and The Armory. I have not seen one for years. eBay or some of the other online auction houses might be your best bet. You might also want to try the links page. It lists a few online companies which deal in out-of-date material.

I've seen it on ebay from time to time, ranging from cheap ($6) to kinda high ($20). I bought one from Nobile knight games or Titan games, I think I paid $19.00 (of course 2 days later is when I saw it on ebay for $6).

It is a great resource for military games, it would be nice if DoJ could rerelease it as a pdf but that is probably unlikely since it was another companies product.

Good luck finding it, there are some around.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of ebay. Watch your wallet, ebay is addictive but is the best place for out of print stuff if you are patient.

If you are interested, I've listed some tips I've learned about ebay, mostly from others but a few through making goofs.

Look for multiple copies of items, I've bid on items only to see another one available at 1/2 the starting price, same goes for bidding wars, I've seen bidding wars drive the price way up and in the mean time another one has been put up and sold for much less without any competition.

Use your watched items list, this book marks stuff you are interested in but doesn't commit you to it.

Watch the ending time, people love to pop in at the last minute and snag items out from under you, same goes for watched stuff, I've missed out on things I wanted because I forgot to go back and bid before the auction ended.

Set a limit on what you are willing to spend, often if an item goes for a high price several more pop up soon after and you can get it at a lower price, so if you absolutely have to have it fine but if its just a nice to have patience may save you quite a bit of money.

Look at the shipping cost, this varies alot from seller to seller and in some cases is far more than you are paying for the item.

Read the description and ask questions if you have any, I've seen boxes sold that look like entire games but in the description it states its just the box (people collect weird stuff).

Know what the value of the item is, I've seen stuff that is available in stores sell for more than the retail price plus you have to pay shipping. Also know what your item includes, I've seen boxed games being sold that are missing books, and the seller doesn't know better.

Hope this helps and hope you like Here there be Tigers, I think it is a great supplement if you want to play a military genre, GURPS' Special Ops and WW2 are helpful too.