Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gauss

Rifts HERO?

Re: Rifts HERO?

That's something that always vaguely struck me as wrong - the draining of PPE seems particularly free of consequence outside of the immediate effect. It always felt like a nuisance rather than a true threat.

That's something that always vaguely struck me as wrong - the draining of PPE seems particularly free of consequence outside of the immediate effect. It always felt like a nuisance rather than a true threat.

It should be consequence free until you drain someone into the negative levels, which to me would mean that nearly all of their life-energy is being drained. All that's left is what is actually sustaining their biological functions and if that is drained, it should kill them.

From what I remember in RIFTS though, you can't kill someone by draining their PPE, but you can drain more PPE by killing them (thus releasing the PPE that is normally dedicated to maintaining biological function) I'm just taking it one step further and allowing that PPE to be drained before death (and thus, potentially causing death)

It should be consequence free until you drain someone into the negative levels' date=' which to me would mean that nearly all of their life-energy is being drained. All that's left is what is actually sustaining their biological functions and if [b']that[/b] is drained, it should kill them.

From what I remember in RIFTS though, you can't kill someone by draining their PPE, but you can drain more PPE by killing them (thus releasing the PPE that is normally dedicated to maintaining biological function) I'm just taking it one step further ends allowing that PPE to be drained before death (and thus, potentially causing death)

If the PPE Endurance Reserve is an Everyman Power, then an Everyman Complication could join it:

Susceptibility: Having Psychic Energy END Drained to less than 0

3d6 too harsh? How frequent would anyone say it happens? I imagine it would be Uncommon.