Dirty Harry for Hero

starblaze

Hi all,

I was reading on another thread about writing up Dirty Harry Callahan for Hero but I was wondering if anyone had any personal information about the character. Also I was wondering if anyone has ever tried writing up this classic 70's character using Hero or any system for that matter.

Thank you for your support

Re: Dirty Harry for Hero

Well no source except for the movies but since I've seen them about a million times and they just keep getting funnier every time... whoops sorry, wrong movie.

Lets see in 1971 he's probably about 40 (I believe Clint is in his early 70's now)

His wife was killed by a drunk driver before the first movie

Likes big guns (explains his preferance for the .44 Mag in The Enforcer)

Unluck usable on others, uncontrolled (his partners almost never make it out whole)

Impulsive

Always gets the worst assignments

Hates everybody (Harry doesn't discriminate, he hates everybody)

Got to have at least one die of luck

Doesn't put catsup on hotdogs (makes a comment about it in Sudden Impact)

Reputation, straight arrow, loose cannon, best shot on the Force (in Magnum Force much is made about his losing the department match, he lost on purpose it turns out)

Always carrys 3 speed loaders for his .44 (in Magnum Force Hal Holbrook has him toss out his ammo and knows he carrys 3 when Harry only tosses 2)

Some knowledge of demolitions (he has disarmed bombs in Magnum Force and I believe The Dead Pool)

Lots of weapons familiarity (he has used rifles, pistols, a LAW and a giant harpoon gun, along with several melee weapons including a switchblade)

Ladies man, Harry almost always gets the girl

Sense of justice, Harry doesn't always follow the law but he rarely breaks it either unless justice is not going to be served (He has let people off who technically should have been arrested, he turned down thevigilantes in Magnum Force as their methods were too far removed from the system).

Likes jazz & the blues (all the Dirty Harry movies have jazz / blues heavy soundtracks)

Thats all I can think of at the moment

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Major Tom

Re: Dirty Harry for Hero

Let's not forget his absolute lack of patience with idiotic superiors or politicians.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there an issue of X-Men years ago

where Detective Callahan put in a guest appearance?

Major Tom :think: