The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Yeah that sucks. We need some sort of advocacy group - at the least we should be able at such moments and say quietly, "I have to go, guy problems," and just as the women do, get off scot-free...

(now executing martial dive for cover, +5 DCV...)

Actually, the martial cringe seems appropriate. ;)

:lol:

Okay, now I'm headed over to HERO Rules to see how to model this...no I am not kidding, it's too good! This will be in my campaign somehow!

I believe it's explained in the Jargon thread. :whistle:

And since this is the cranky thread: Read your mail! :D

Why didn't you just get up? Surely you could have come up with some reason why you had to get up. A female relative not being seated yet or something.

I don't know about the other males, but speaking for myself, getting up would simply not do the trick. Firstly, walking, at least normally, is nearly impossible after pressing the majority of one's weight on them. Then, the only thing that can fix this problem for me is going to the bathroom for a quick adjustment (and splashing some cold water on my face to get rid of that "I've just been crying look") :weep::cry: .

Or, simply standing up and doing a leg shake manuever that looks like your trying to shake a mouse out of your pant leg. :whistle:

I'm not looking for sympathy here, but I think many women don't really realize just how sensitive testicles are. A minor trauma can cause a sharp throbbing pain that will affect one's ability to walk, among other activities and can last for days!

Anyone remember that Eddie Murphy comedy show from the early to mid eighties (Raw?)? In it he does a short comedy bit about play wrestling with his wife. When she suddenly makes a playful slash at his groin and just grazes his testicles. Suddenly, playtime is over! :eek:

Yeah that sucks. We need some sort of advocacy group - at the least we should be able at such moments and say quietly, "I have to go, guy problems," and just as the women do, get off scot-free...

(now executing martial dive for cover, +5 DCV...)

LOL! Yeah! Where do I send for my membership card?

How's that joke go? About the guy who orders a sundae in the drive thru and the woman taking the order asks, "Would you like your nuts crushed?"...

Guest Skaramine

This is the thread for when you're feeling unreasonable, cranky, and/or just plain snarly.

By posting here, you automatically concede that you're crankiness has made your arguements questionable at best, and that anyone snapping at you is cranky as well so don't get really offended.

Don't post on this thread if you're in a good mood,happy, or (god help us) chipper...

Chipper is what we do to wood, it has no place on the cranky thread :mad:

This is the place to B*tch, moan, and complain about how lousy the little things in life are in petulant fashion.

Enjoy... only, don't enjoy too much, that'll go against the feel of things.

and that'll make me cranky :mad:

Grrr, Hermit, don't tell me what to do! I'll post happy thoughts whenever I want to.

I'm just to pissed to post them tonight. RAWG! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Another classic is forgetting to wash the Ben Gay off your hands before...

The other thing is when you get one of your pubes caught or tangled. It's best when that happens while you're sitting' date=' so when you stand up it [b']pulls.[/b]

A very minor gripe

I adore my friends, but sometimes I have to ask myself... "What is the #$#$Ing obsession with Dinner AND a show?" Can't we just go to a flipping movie without turning into something that will last for hours on end and turn an already over priced movie ticket into a major spending spree?

I wouldn't b*tch except they tell me about one thing and we as a group agree to do it, then try to take the other thing on at the last minute, then seem surprised when I may not be able to make both or even am not crazy about the idea. It's petty, and I'm being cranky, but somedays it drives me nucking futs!

Re: A very minor gripe

I adore my friends' date=' but sometimes I have to ask myself... "What is the #$#$Ing obsession with Dinner AND a show?" Can't we just go to a flipping movie with[b']out[/b] turning into something that will last for hours on end and turn an already over priced movie ticket into a major spending spree?

I wouldn't b*tch except they tell me about one thing and we as a group agree to do it, then try to take the other thing on at the last minute, then seem surprised when I may not be able to make both or even am not crazy about the idea. It's petty, and I'm being cranky, but somedays it drives me nucking futs!

Similarly, what I hate is when we're set to go somewhere and I'm all in mind for it and then last minute it changes.

Guest Skaramine

Dag-nab Spurs. Arrghh!!

-AA

I know. That's why I started wearing chaps. Then they don't dig into my flanks so much...

Oh... you mean the basketball team. Nevermind.

I used to hate it when my friends would gather at my apartment (mainmeeting point) and INSIST on turning on "COmedy Central" I have a LOW tolerance for comedy, particularly of the "Beavis and BUtthead" "STUPID" kind. I was tempted to shoot the TV a couple times... :tsk:

Similarly' date=' what I hate is when we're set to go somewhere and I'm all in mind for it and then last minute it changes.[/quote']

Guest Skaramine

I hate it that my eyesight is changing on me. I just realized what my major problem is. My nightvision is improving as I grow older... but conversely, that means I have to make everything dimmer for my eyes. I'm sitting here in the dark looking at my screen while I put out my book and respond to mail and the message boards.

Then again, I realize that I have a 5 point power. Actually, at least 8 points of superpowers - I have nightvision, and Ultrasonic hearing.

Which makes me cranky because every store in the mall SETS IT OFF!

Pick another frequency dammit!

On testicles: A week ago I was kicked in the nuts by my agro little brother when I came to my mothers house to pick up some of my stuff (IF you saw what they had done to my comic collection you would be really offended) and he has managed to give me a rather large bruise covering not only the scrotum but behind as well. I'm not going back there for a while.

Ok. So apparently my body sucks. I've had my pallete shaved, tonsils taken out along with my uvela (yeah, look it up), my eyes corrected last year. So in two weeks, I get some medical instruments up my nose to fix a bunch of crappy design issues and a semi-broken nose. augggh. Why can't they just transfer my brain into an industructible cyborg?

Ok. So apparently my body sucks. I've had my pallete shaved' date=' tonsils taken out along with my uvela (yeah, look it up), my eyes corrected last year. So in two weeks, I get some medical instruments up my nose to fix a bunch of crappy design issues and a semi-broken nose. augggh. Why can't they just transfer my brain into an industructible cyborg?[/quote']

That would be too easy. :)

So I am now hooked on Ages of Empires II... and just as I get good into the game, it freezes up on me. Not just the game, but my whole farggin' computer!! The kind not even the three-finger-salute will fix! Once is a fluke, twice is irritating. After the third time, I look it up on the web. Turns out this is a "known problem" with the AWE64 soundcard. I have the lastest drivers (big deal.. the latest drivers are for Win98/NT) and even tried the little command-line fix for it. Nadda.

So after we just blew a load of cash on memory upgrades (one 512 MB chip for me and WhiteHeat) I now need to get a new sound card.

ARRRRGGG!!!!! :(

At least sound cards can give decent performance for cheap ones now. My computer died some time back, Either memory or motherboard. How do I tell which? It fried enough of the Hard disk that Windows no longer runs...

I was able to salvage data by putting it into the "word processor" computer I put together for my wife, but...

And of course I can't justify a new one until after we have a HOUSE.

I ran the cost comparison between my old truck and the forthcoming Ford Escape Hybrid (or any other 36mpg car, of course) and at current levels I will spend over $2500 per year on gas, I could save 1500+ with a 36mpg car. That is 1/3 the yearly payment on the new Scion xB, which though it only gets up to about 33, I ran the numbers at 8cents/gallon less than current.

Damn.

Anybody have an old Sprint or some such they want to let go cheap? :(

15k miles a year, or more.

So I am now hooked on Ages of Empires II... and just as I get good into the game' date=' it freezes up on me. Not just the game, but my [b']whole farggin' computer[/b]!! The kind not even the three-finger-salute will fix! Once is a fluke, twice is irritating. After the third time, I look it up on the web. Turns out this is a "known problem" with the AWE64 soundcard. I have the lastest drivers (big deal.. the latest drivers are for Win98/NT) and even tried the little command-line fix for it. Nadda.

So after we just blew a load of cash on memory upgrades (one 512 MB chip for me and WhiteHeat) I now need to get a new sound card.

ARRRRGGG!!!!! :(

Oh THAT will piss one off!

This last round of computer upgrades has been too annoying. As stated in Random Musings a couple weeks back or thereabouts, for the first time I messed up a motherboard or processor or the heatsink is screwed up and it overheats immediately so it won't come up, something along those lines. It's one of 2 identical sets I bought, one set I installed fine, so at least I wasn't completely incompetent. I found it easiest just to go and replace the 3 and not do the piece-by-piece thing, so now that's okay. But then I also got a Zalman "no noise" CPU fan and went to install it and...D'OH I got the wrong one. My own fault but that pisses me off. This came up a few days ago, your post just reminded me.

Though it's been too good a weekend to complain in general at least.