The cranky thread

Hermit

And this being the cranky thread, yesterday some people went over my head to report some supposedly long standing technical issues... that had never been reported to my group.  Can't fix problems we don't know about, people, but by all means take the opportunity to make my team look bad in the process.

8 hours ago, Old Man said:

Sorry I missed the original announcement.  What was she like?

She would have turned 90 in a few days. I haven't seen her in a long time, but I did correspond with her via email. I spoke to my cousins. My aunt was already cremated, but we will have a memorial/family reunion after the holidays.

The fuse blew on the oven when my wife ran the self cleaning cycle.

The door is locked shut.

To unlock the door, I need to hold down one of the buttons on the control panel.

To get the control panel to work, I need to change the fuse.

To change the fuse, I need to open up the control panel.

To open up the control panel, I need to open the door.

20 hours ago, Old Man said:

The fuse blew on the oven when my wife ran the self cleaning cycle.

The door is locked shut.

To unlock the door, I need to hold down one of the buttons on the control panel.

To get the control panel to work, I need to change the fuse.

To change the fuse, I need to open up the control panel.

To open up the control panel, I need to open the door.

Hammer time

18 hours ago, Pariah said:

That feeling when your bus is running ten minutes late, which causes you to miss the bus you have to transfer to, which in turn forces you to wait an additional ten minutes for the next one.

At least it wasn't 23°F outside or anything....

In my neck of the woods some bus lines run once an hour. If you miss the one you need, you're hosed.

On 12/15/2017 at 2:28 PM, Old Man said:

But do they actually stick to that schedule?  Not all cities are Kyoto.  It's one thing if the bus is on time and you're late.  It's another thing altogether if the bus is late and you miss your connection and become more late. 

In my case, it all depends on which bus route you're taking. Some are notorious for being almost always late; others tend to be more punctual. 

The boy and I managed to resurrect the goddamn oven by ripping it out of the wall, unscrewing all the panels on the back (30 screws), then reaching into the deepest, most inaccessible depths with a hacksaw (of all things) to reset the goddamn thermal breaker.  And then we had to put the damn thing back together.  No more self cleaning cycle for us.

Still, it beats waiting for the repairman to show up in 2018 (the earliest available appointment).