The cranky thread

Hermit

57 minutes ago, Cancer said:

Let's see if I can ruin another keyboard in the same way as I did yesterday, dumping half a cup of coffee on it.

The old one almost worked after that, but I couldn't get it to give me a lower case "o" after I'd done all I could to clean it up.  Capital "O" yes; lower case, no.

And you wonder why your IT department hates you.  ;)

Sorry to hear that, as well.

I'm starting to receive the insurance statements and bills for my ER experience in early January, and they're downright frightening. Lots of big numbers with magical accounting, and apparently, some kind of agreement between the hospital and my insurance that made a lot of those numbers disappear in a puff of accounting smoke.

I got through winter relatively painlessly, but something these last two weeks has been releasing pollen (or spores or whatever) that has my eyes swollen and itchy about four hours a day (the 24-hour antihistimine gives up after about 20 hours).  I've chosen those four to be the hours before I go to bed.  My eyes emit audible noise when I rub them, which is not a normal pattern for one's visual perception organs.

On 3/20/2018 at 7:21 AM, Hermit said:

Well, I was going to vent about how the Flu sucked (Thought it was the cold at first) and how I'm FINALLY on the mend but still feel nasty...

but you know, after reading Pariah's posts...

I'll deal.

Sympathies, man

Thank you. And best wishes to you, too. The flu is no joke.

17 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Same here, a couple of weeks ago.

Every day, every EFFING day this whole month, there's been some BS to put me in a foul mood!!!

At the rate it's going, it's a wonder I'm being called as a potential juror instead of as the defendant!

At this point, I know that if I'm moved into the jury box during selection, then I'm probably going to be chosen for the final panel. I've served on a jury panel twice. First one was a criminal case that took two days, second was a civil case that took 9 days. In both cases, we found for the defendants, and I was glad that I served.

As an aside, judges in Nevada have the ability to assign 2 days of community service in lieu of jury duty, and it's usually applied to folks who use some of the tactics mentioned upthread.